Words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
7 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- adorned — to decorate or add beauty to, as by ornaments: garlands of flowers adorning their hair.
- adreno- — adrenal glands
- andover — a city in NE Massachusetts.
- aneroid — not containing a liquid
- bandore — a 16th-century plucked musical instrument resembling a lute but larger and fitted with seven pairs of metal strings
8 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- adperson — a copywriter, account executive, or other person employed in advertising.
- aerodyne — any heavier-than-air machine, such as an aircraft, that derives the greater part of its lift from aerodynamic forces
- anchored — any of various devices dropped by a chain, cable, or rope to the bottom of a body of water for preventing or restricting the motion of a vessel or other floating object, typically having broad, hooklike arms that bury themselves in the bottom to provide a firm hold.
- anderson — a river in N Canada, in the Northwest Territories, rising in lakes north of Great Bear Lake and flowing west and north to the Beaufort Sea. Length: about 580 km (360 miles)
- androgen — any of several steroids, produced as hormones by the testes or made synthetically, that promote development of male sexual organs and male secondary sexual characteristics
9 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- acronymed — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
- adjourned — to suspend the meeting of (a club, legislature, committee, etc.) to a future time, another place, or indefinitely: to adjourn the court.
- adornment — An adornment is something that is used to make a person or thing more beautiful.
10 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- accordance — conformity; agreement; accord (esp in the phrase in accordance with)
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- adenovirus — any of a group of viruses that can cause upper respiratory diseases in man
- adrianople — Edirne
11 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
- accordioned — Also called piano accordion. a portable wind instrument having a large bellows for forcing air through small metal reeds, a keyboard for the right hand, and buttons for sounding single bass notes or chords for the left hand.
- actinodrome — (of a leaf) palmately veined.
12 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- adenosarcoma — a complex tumor containing both glandular and connective tissues.
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
- adorableness — very attractive or delightful; charming: What an adorable hat!
- adrenochrome — a chemical pigment produced by the oxidation of adrenaline
13 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
- adventuresome — Adventuresome means the same as adventurous.
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
14 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
15 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
- androstenedione — a weak hormone, C19H26O2, produced by the ovaries, testes, and adrenal glands as a precursor to estrogen, testosterone, etc.: formerly taken in a concentrated tablet or capsule form as by some bodybuilders
16 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- bidirectionality — capable of reacting or functioning in two, usually opposite, directions.
17 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
18 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
19 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
20 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
21 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
- isopropylideneacetone — mesityl oxide.
- meter-kilogram-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: mks, MKS.
22 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
23 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- mediated-generalization — the act or process of generalizing.
24 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
27 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
28 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
31 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
32 letter words containing a, d, r, e, n, o
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, R, E, N, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8661 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, R, E, N, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.