Words containing a, c, t, u
4 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- actu — Australian Council of Trade Unions
5 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- acute — You can use acute to indicate that an undesirable situation or feeling is very severe or intense.
- caput — the main or most prominent part of an organ or structure
- ceuta — an enclave in Morocco on the Strait of Gibraltar, consisting of a port and military station: held by Spain since 1580. Pop: 74 931 (2003 est)
6 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- abduct — If someone is abducted by another person, he or she is taken away illegally, usually using force.
- acetum — a solution that has dilute acetic acid as solvent
- acquit — If someone is acquitted of a crime in a court of law, they are formally declared not to have committed the crime.
- actium — a town of ancient Greece that overlooked the naval battle in 31 bc at which Octavian's fleet under Agrippa defeated that of Mark Antony and Cleopatra
- actual — You use actual to emphasize that you are referring to something real or genuine.
7 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- account — If you have an account with a bank or a similar organization, you have an arrangement to leave your money there and take some out when you need it.
- accurst — under a curse; doomed; ill-fated.
- acetous — containing, producing, or resembling acetic acid or vinegar
- acquest — an acquisition
- actuals — Plural form of actual.
8 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- abducent — (of a muscle) abducting
- abductee — someone who is abducted
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- acanthus — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the genus Acanthus, native to the Mediterranean region but widely cultivated as ornamental plants, having large spiny leaves and spikes of white or purplish flowers: family Acanthaceae
- accouter — to outfit; equip, esp. for military service
9 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- acanthous — spinous.
- accentual — of, relating to, or having accents; rhythmic
- accounted — an oral or written description of particular events or situations; narrative: an account of the meetings; an account of the trip.
- accoutred — equipped or dressed in a particular way
10 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- abjunction — the act of cutting off part of a mycelium or spore by forming a septum
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- acausality — having no cause.
- accentuate — To accentuate something means to emphasize it or make it more noticeable.
- accountant — An accountant is a person whose job is to keep financial accounts.
11 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- accentually — of or relating to accent or stress.
- accentuated — to give emphasis or prominence to.
- accentuator — Electronics. a circuit or network inserted to provide less loss or greater gain to certain frequencies in an audio spectrum, as a preemphasis spectrum.
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
12 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accentuating — to give emphasis or prominence to.
- accentuation — an act or instance of accentuating.
- acciaccatura — a small grace note melodically adjacent to a principal note and played simultaneously with or immediately before it
13 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acoustooptics — the branch of physics dealing with the relationships between acoustics and light
14 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
15 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
16 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- anti-intellectual — hostile to or opposed to intellectual persons or matters, ideas, activities, etc.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
18 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- chukchi-kamchatkan — Chukotian.
19 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
20 letter words containing a, c, t, u
22 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing a, c, t, u
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, T, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13180 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, T, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.