Words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
6 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- chaton — a stone with a reflective metal foil backing
7 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- antioch — a city in S Turkey, on the Orontes River: ancient commercial centre and capital of Syria (300–64 bc); early centre of Christianity. Pop: 155 000 (2005 est)
- can-tho — a town in S Vietnam, on the Mekong River.
- dontcha — Eye dialect of don't you.
- tachyon — a hypothetical particle that travels faster than the speed of light.
8 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- acantho- — indicating a spine or thorn
- anchoret — anchorite.
- atchison — a city in NE Kansas, on the Missouri River.
- cenotaph — A cenotaph is a structure that is built in honour of soldiers who died in a war.
- charlton — Bobby, full name Sir Robert Charlton. born 1937, English footballer; played for Manchester United (1956–73) and England (1958–70) for whom he played 106 times, scoring 49 goals
9 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- acanthoid — resembling a spine; spiny
- acanthous — spinous.
- aitchbone — the rump bone or floor of the pelvis in cattle
- anchorite — a person who lives in seclusion, esp a religious recluse; hermit
- anchoveta — a small anchovy, Cetengraulis mysticetus, of the American Pacific, used as bait by tuna fishermen
10 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- acherontic — Of or pertaining to Acheron; infernal; hence, dismal, gloomy; moribund.
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- achromatin — the material of the nucleus of a cell that does not stain with basic dyes
- allochthon — a geological formation not formed in the region where found and moved to its present location by tectonic forces. Compare autochthon (def 3).
11 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- achondrites — Plural form of achondrite.
- achondritic — (geology) Of or pertaining to achondrite, a type of stony meteorite.
12 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- actinomorphy — The condition of being actinomorphic.
- alphitomancy — the use of barley meal as a means of divination.
13 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- accouchements — Plural form of accouchement.
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
14 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- accountantship — the occupation or post of an accountant
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
15 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accomplishments — Plural form of accomplishment.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- acroanaesthesia — (pathology) Loss of sensation in the extremities.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
16 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- acanthocephalans — Plural form of acanthocephalan.
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- aestheticisation — Act or process of aestheticising.
- aestheticization — Alternative form of aestheticisation.
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
17 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- acanthopterygians — Plural form of acanthopterygian.
- acenaphthoquinone — (organic compound) A polycyclic aromatic quinone derived from acenaphthene, used as an intermediate for the manufacturing of dyes, pharmaceuticals and pesticides.
- aerothermodynamic — Of or pertaining to aerothermodynamics.
- anachronistically — In an anachronistic manner; in the manner of an anachronism.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
18 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- australopithecines — Plural form of australopithecine.
19 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anticholinesterases — Plural form of anticholinesterase.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
20 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- adrenocorticotrophin — (hormone) adrenocorticotropic hormone.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
21 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- electroencephalograms — Plural form of electroencephalogram.
- electroencephalograph — A machine used for electroencephalography.
- electronystagmography — A diagnostic test to record involuntary movements of the eye caused by a condition known as nystagmus. It can also be used to diagnose the cause of vertigo, dizziness or balance dysfunction by testing the vestibular system.
22 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- electroencephalographs — Plural form of electroencephalograph.
- electroencephalography — The measurement of electrical activity in different parts of the brain and the recording of such activity as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen).
- otorhinolaryngological — of or relating to the medical practice involving the ear, nose, and throat.
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
23 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dacryocystorhinostomies — Plural form of dacryocystorhinostomy.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- electroencephalographer — A specialist in electroencephalography.
- electroencephalographic — Of or pertaining to electroencephalography or electroencephalographs.
24 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
25 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
26 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- philosophical-anthropology — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
27 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- electroencephalographically — In an electroencephalographic way.
29 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
30 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
32 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
35 letter words containing a, c, n, t, h, o
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, N, T, H, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4368 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, N, T, H, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.