Words containing a, b, u, r
5 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- abury — Avebury (def 2).
- arbus — Diane, original name Diane Nemerov. 1923–71, US photographer, noted esp for her portraits of vagrants, dwarfs, transvestites, etc
- aruba — an island in the Caribbean, off the NW coast of Venezuela, a dependency of the Netherlands with special status; part of the Netherlands Antilles until 1986. Chief town: Oranjestad. Pop: 109 153 (2013 est). Area: about 181 sq km (70 sq miles)
- auber — Daniel François Esprit (danjɛl frɑ̃swa ɛspri). 1782–1871, French composer, who was prominent in development of opéra comique. His works include 48 operas
- babur — (born Zahir ud-Din Mohammed) 1483-1530; founder & 1st emperor (1526-30) of the Mogul dynasty of India
6 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- abitur — the final school examination in Germany
- abjure — If you abjure something such as a belief or way of life, you state publicly that you will give it up or that you reject it.
- abrupt — An abrupt change or action is very sudden, often in a way which is unpleasant.
- absurd — If you say that something is absurd, you are criticizing it because you think that it is ridiculous or that it does not make sense.
- abukir — bay at the mouth of the Nile, near Alexandria, Egypt: site of the British victory (1798) under Nelson over the French
7 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- aboukir — a village of N Egypt, in the Nile River delta: Battle of the Nile near here (1798).
- abruzzi — a region of S central Italy, between the Apennines and the Adriatic. Capital: Aquila. Pop: 1 273 284 (2003 est). Area: 10 794 sq km (4210 sq miles)
- abutter — the owner of adjoining property
- arbutus — any of several temperate ericaceous shrubs of the genus Arbutus, esp the strawberry tree of S Europe. They have clusters of white or pinkish flowers, broad evergreen leaves, and strawberry-like berries
8 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- abstruse — You can describe something as abstruse if you find it difficult to understand, especially when you think it could be explained more simply.
- absurdly — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- abu-bakr — a.d. 573-634; successor of Mohammed & 1st caliph of Islam ( a.d. 632-634): father of Aisha
9 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- abat-jour — a device, as a skylight or reflector, for diverting light into a building.
- abortuary — a place where abortions are carried out
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- aboudikro — the wood of a sapele.
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
10 letter words containing a, b, u, r
11 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- adumbration — to produce a faint image or resemblance of; to outline or sketch.
- adumbrative — foreshadowing; sketchy; faintly indicative.
12 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- aelurophobia — ailurophobia.
- afterburning — a process in which additional fuel is ignited in the exhaust gases of a jet engine to produce additional thrust
13 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- agrobacterium — A soil bacterium, of the genus Agrobacterium, which can fix nitrogen, and causes the formation of crown galls in plants.
- anti-burglary — the felony of breaking into and entering the house of another at night with intent to steal, extended by statute to cover the breaking into and entering of any of various buildings, by night or day.
- antiscorbutic — preventing or curing scurvy
- antisubmarine — (of weapons, missiles, etc) designed to combat or destroy submarines
14 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- ambisinistrous — clumsy or unskillful with both hands.
- antirepublican — opposed to the principles or practice of republicanism
- autobiographer — a person who writes the story of his or her own life
15 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- anti-republican — of, relating to, or of the nature of a republic.
- bioastronautics — the study of the effects of space flight on living organisms
- blockade-runner — a ship or person that passes through a blockade.
- brachystomatous — having a short proboscis, as certain insects.
- branchiostegous — branchiostegal.
16 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- branchiopneustic — breathing by means of gills, as certain aquatic insect larvae.
- bread-and-butter — providing a livelihood or basic source of income; supplying the basic needs of life: a bread-and-butter job; the agency's bread-and-butter account.
- bronchopneumonia — inflammation of the lungs, originating in the bronchioles
17 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
18 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
19 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- dutchman's-breeches — a plant, Dicentra cucullaria, of the fumitory family, having long clusters of pale-yellow, two-spurred flowers.
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
- internal-combustion — of or relating to an internal-combustion engine.
20 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
21 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- intersubstitutability — a person or thing acting or serving in place of another.
22 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
24 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
32 letter words containing a, b, u, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, U, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6587 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, U, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.