Words containing a, b, u
4 letter words containing a, b, u
- abiu — Douay Bible. Abihu.
- abut — When land or a building abuts something or abuts on something, it is next to it.
- aube — a department of N central France, in Champagne-Ardenne region. Capital: Troyes. Pop: 293 925 (2003 est). Area: 6026 sq km (2350 sq miles)
- babu — (in India) a title or form of address more or less equivalent to Mr, placed before a person's full name or after his first name
- bahu — (in India) a daughter-in-law
5 letter words containing a, b, u
- abihu — a son of Aaron who, with Nadab, was destroyed by fire from heaven for disobeying the Lord. Lev. 10:1–5.
- about — You use about to introduce who or what something relates to or concerns.
- abuja — the federal capital of Nigeria, in the centre of the country. Pop: 467 000 (2005 est)
- abuna — the title given to the head of the Ethiopian Orthodox church
- abury — Avebury (def 2).
6 letter words containing a, b, u
- abacus — An abacus is a frame used for counting. It has rods with sliding beads on them.
- abboud — Ibrahim [ib-rah-heem] /ɪb rɑˈhim/ (Show IPA), 1900–1983, Sudanese army general and statesman: prime minister 1958–64.
- abduce — to abduct
- abduct — If someone is abducted by another person, he or she is taken away illegally, usually using force.
- abitur — the final school examination in Germany
7 letter words containing a, b, u
- abluent — a substance used for cleansing
- abluted — washed thoroughly
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- abought — simple past tense and past participle of aby.
- aboukir — a village of N Egypt, in the Nile River delta: Battle of the Nile near here (1798).
8 letter words containing a, b, u
9 letter words containing a, b, u
- abaciscus — Architecture. a small abacus.
- abat-jour — a device, as a skylight or reflector, for diverting light into a building.
- abcoulomb — the cgs unit of electric charge in the electromagnetic system; the charge per second passing any cross section of a conductor through which a steady current of 1 abampere is flowing: equivalent to 10 coulombs
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- abortuary — a place where abortions are carried out
10 letter words containing a, b, u
11 letter words containing a, b, u
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- abstentious — an act or instance of abstaining.
12 letter words containing a, b, u
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- absquatulate — to leave; decamp
13 letter words containing a, b, u
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- adjustability — ability to adjust
- agrobacterium — A soil bacterium, of the genus Agrobacterium, which can fix nitrogen, and causes the formation of crown galls in plants.
- ambiguousness — open to or having several possible meanings or interpretations; equivocal: an ambiguous answer.
- ambitiousness — having ambition; eagerly desirous of achieving or obtaining success, power, wealth, a specific goal, etc.: ambitious students.
14 letter words containing a, b, u
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
15 letter words containing a, b, u
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- anti-republican — of, relating to, or of the nature of a republic.
- authenticatable — to establish as genuine.
- basidiomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the basidiomycetes.
- bioaccumulation — the process in which industrial waste, toxic chemicals, etc. gradually accumulate in living tissue
16 letter words containing a, b, u
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aulnay-sous-bois — a town in N central France, a suburb NE of Paris.
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
17 letter words containing a, b, u
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
18 letter words containing a, b, u
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
19 letter words containing a, b, u
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
20 letter words containing a, b, u
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
24 letter words containing a, b, u
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10898 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.