Words containing a, b, s, e, n
5 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
6 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- absent — If someone or something is absent from a place or situation where they should be or where they usually are, they are not there.
- barnes — Djuna. 1892–1982, US novelist, noted for Nightwood (1936)
- basnet — basinet.
- besant — Annie, née Wood. 1847–1933, British theosophist, writer, and political reformer in England and India
- beslan — a town in the North Ossetian Republic in Russia: scene of a massacre in 2004 when Chechen extremists held a school hostage, leading to a siege in which 344 people were killed. Pop: 35 550 (2002)
7 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- absence — Someone's absence from a place is the fact that they are not there.
- absents — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- antibes — a port and resort in SE France, on the Mediterranean: an important Roman town. Pop: 76 925 (2006)
- badness — not good in any manner or degree.
8 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- absences — state of being away or not being present: I acted as supervisor in his absence. Your absence was noted on the records.
- absented — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- absentee — An absentee is a person who is expected to be in a particular place but who is not there.
9 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abscondee — a person who absconds; absconder.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- absentees — a person who is absent, especially from work or school.
10 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
- absorbency — capable of absorbing heat, light, moisture, etc.; tending to absorb.
- abstention — Abstention is a formal act of not voting either for or against a proposal.
11 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
12 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
13 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
14 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- anti-bolshevik — a person who is opposed to Bolshevism
- applicableness — applying or capable of being applied; relevant; suitable; appropriate: an applicable rule; a solution that is applicable to the problem.
15 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- basse-normandie — a region of NW France, on the English Channel: consists of the Cherbourg peninsula in the west rising to the Normandy hills in the east; mainly agricultural
- basses-pyrenees — former name of Pyrénées-Atlantiques.
- belt-and-braces — providing double security, in case one security measure should fail
16 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- bargain-basement — very low-priced.
- branchiopneustic — breathing by means of gills, as certain aquatic insect larvae.
17 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
18 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
19 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- dutchman's-breeches — a plant, Dicentra cucullaria, of the fumitory family, having long clusters of pale-yellow, two-spurred flowers.
- harbinger-of-spring — a North American umbelliferous herb, Erigenia bulbosa, having white flowers that bloom early in the spring.
20 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- spontaneous-abortion — Also called voluntary abortion. the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.
21 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- intersubstitutability — a person or thing acting or serving in place of another.
- stabilization-process — the act or process of stabilizing or the state of being stabilized.
22 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
24 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
- st.-bruno-de-montarville — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Montreal.
25 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
27 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
28 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing a, b, s, e, n
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, S, E, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5701 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, S, E, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.