Words containing a, b, s
3 letter words containing a, b, s
4 letter words containing a, b, s
- abs- — ab-
- asbo — An ASBO is a legal order restricting the activities or movements of someone who has repeatedly behaved in a way that upsets or annoys other people. ASBO is an abbreviation for 'anti-social behaviour order'.
- baas — a South African word for a boss: often used by Black or Coloured people addressing a White manager or overseer
- babs — abbreviated form of Bab ed-Din.
- bacs — Bankers' Automated Clearing System; a method of making payments direct to a creditor's bank without using a cheque
5 letter words containing a, b, s
- abase — to humble or belittle (oneself, etc)
- abash — to cause to feel ill at ease, embarrassed, or confused; make ashamed
- abbas — Ferhat. 1899–1985, Algerian nationalist leader: joined the National Liberation Front (1956); president of the provisional government of the Algerian republic (1958–61)
- abbes — a member of the secular clergy.
- abc's — The ABC's of a subject or activity are the parts of it that you have to learn first because they are the most important and basic.
6 letter words containing a, b, s
- abacus — An abacus is a frame used for counting. It has rods with sliding beads on them.
- abased — (of a charge) lower on an escutcheon than is usual: a bend abased.
- abaser — a person who abases
- abasia — a muscular disorder causing an inability to walk
- abates — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
7 letter words containing a, b, s
- abacist — a person skilled in using an abacus.
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- abioses — the absence or lack of life; a nonviable state.
8 letter words containing a, b, s
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
9 letter words containing a, b, s
- abaciscus — a tessera.
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
10 letter words containing a, b, s
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
11 letter words containing a, b, s
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
12 letter words containing a, b, s
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
13 letter words containing a, b, s
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
14 letter words containing a, b, s
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
15 letter words containing a, b, s
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
16 letter words containing a, b, s
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
17 letter words containing a, b, s
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
18 letter words containing a, b, s
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
19 letter words containing a, b, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
22 letter words containing a, b, s
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
24 letter words containing a, b, s
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing a, b, s
28 letter words containing a, b, s
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing a, b, s
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15429 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.