Words containing a, b, l
3 letter words containing a, b, l
4 letter words containing a, b, l
5 letter words containing a, b, l
- abele — white poplar (sense 1)
- abled — having a range of physical powers as specified (esp in the phrases less abled, differently abled)
- abler — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- aboil — boiling
- abyla — a mountain at Ceuta, N Africa
6 letter words containing a, b, l
- abelia — an ornamental garden shrub with pink or white flowers
- ablate — to remove by ablation
- ablaut — vowel gradation, esp in Indo-European languages
- ablaze — Something that is ablaze is burning very fiercely.
- ablest — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
7 letter words containing a, b, l
- aalborg — a city and port in Denmark, in N Jutland. Pop: 121 549 (2004 est)
- abalone — Abalone is a shellfish that you can eat and that has a shiny substance called mother-of-pearl inside its shell.
- abaxial — facing away from the axis, as the surface of a leaf
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
8 letter words containing a, b, l
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abapical — away from or opposite the apex
- abatable — able to be abated
9 letter words containing a, b, l
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abbeville — a town in N France: brewing, sugar-refining, and carpet industries. Pop: 24 567 (1999)
- abcoulomb — the cgs unit of electric charge in the electromagnetic system; the charge per second passing any cross section of a conductor through which a steady current of 1 abampere is flowing: equivalent to 10 coulombs
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
10 letter words containing a, b, l
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdul-aziz — 1830-76; sultan of Turkey (1861-76)
11 letter words containing a, b, l
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
12 letter words containing a, b, l
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- abel-meholah — a city in ancient Palestine, east of the Jordan River: the home of Elisha. Judges 7:22; I Kings 4:12; 19:16.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
13 letter words containing a, b, l
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
14 letter words containing a, b, l
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
15 letter words containing a, b, l
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- anti-globalizer — a political activist who challenges the concept of globalization and promotes practices that do not cause environmental damage
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- anti-republican — of, relating to, or of the nature of a republic.
16 letter words containing a, b, l
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- aulnay-sous-bois — a town in N central France, a suburb NE of Paris.
17 letter words containing a, b, l
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing a, b, l
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
19 letter words containing a, b, l
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing a, b, l
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
22 letter words containing a, b, l
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
24 letter words containing a, b, l
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing a, b, l
28 letter words containing a, b, l
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 19096 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.