Words containing a, b, i, l
4 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- albi — a town in S France: connected with the Albigensian heresy and the crusade against it. Pop: 46 274 (1999)
- bail — Bail is a sum of money that an arrested person or someone else puts forward as a guarantee that the arrested person will attend their trial in a law court. If the arrested person does not attend it, the money will be lost.
- bali — an island in Indonesia, east of Java: mountainous, rising over 3000 m (10 000 ft). Capital: Denpasar. Pop: 3 151 162 (2000). Area: 5558 sq km (2146 sq miles)
5 letter words containing a, b, i, l
6 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- abelia — an ornamental garden shrub with pink or white flowers
- abseil — To abseil down a cliff or rock face means to slide down it in a controlled way using a rope, with your feet against the cliff or rock.
- abulia — a pathological inability to take decisions
- abulic — a symptom of mental disorder involving impairment or loss of volition.
- ad-lib — If you ad-lib something in a play or a speech, you say something which has not been planned or written beforehand.
7 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- abaxial — facing away from the axis, as the surface of a leaf
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
- abigail — the woman who brought provisions to David and his followers and subsequently became his wife (I Samuel 25:1–42)
- abilene — a city in central Texas. Pop: 114 889 (2003 est)
- ability — Your ability to do something is the fact that you can do it.
8 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abapical — away from or opposite the apex
- abbatial — of or relating to an abbot, abbess, or abbey
- ablation — the surgical removal of an organ, structure, or part
- ablative — (in certain inflected languages such as Latin) denoting a case of nouns, pronouns, and adjectives indicating the agent in passive sentences or the instrument, manner, or place of the action described by the verb
9 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abbeville — a town in N France: brewing, sugar-refining, and carpet industries. Pop: 24 567 (1999)
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abdominal — Abdominal is used to describe something that is situated in the abdomen or forms part of it.
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
10 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdul-aziz — 1830-76; sultan of Turkey (1861-76)
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
11 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abhominable — abominable.
- abiological — not involving living organisms
12 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- abolitionize — (esp. prior to the Civil War) to convert (persons, a region, a state, etc.) to abolitionism.
13 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
14 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
15 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- anti-globalizer — a political activist who challenges the concept of globalization and promotes practices that do not cause environmental damage
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- anti-republican — of, relating to, or of the nature of a republic.
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
16 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aulnay-sous-bois — a town in N central France, a suburb NE of Paris.
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
17 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
- baile-atha-cliath — Gaelic Baile Àtha Cliath. a seaport in and the capital of the Republic of Ireland, in the E part, on the Irish Sea.
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
18 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
19 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing a, b, i, l
22 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
24 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
25 letter words containing a, b, i, l
28 letter words containing a, b, i, l
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, I, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10742 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, I, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.