Words starting with west
4 letter words starting with west
- west — Benjamin, 1738–1820, U.S. painter, in England after 1763.
- west africa — most westerly part of Africa
- west african — of or relating to West Africa
- west allis — a city in SE Wisconsin, near Milwaukee.
- west atlantic — a group of languages of W Africa constituting a branch of the Niger-Congo subfamily of languages, and including Fulani and Wolof.
6 letter words starting with west
7 letter words starting with west
- western — lying toward or situated in the west: our company's western office.
- westers — Plural form of wester.
- westies — Plural form of westie.
- westing — Navigation. the distance due west made good on any course tending westward; westerly departure.
- western alienation — a feeling of resentment by some inhabitants of western Canada against perceived favouritism by the national government towards the eastern provinces
8 letter words starting with west
- westbury — a town on W Long Island, in SE New York.
- westenra — Hayley (Dee). born 1987, New Zealand singer, known for the purity of her voice in many musical genres
- westered — (of heavenly bodies) to move or tend westward.
- westerly — moving, directed, or situated toward the west: the westerly end of the field.
- westerns — Plural form of western.
9 letter words starting with west
10 letter words starting with west
- westerlies — moving, directed, or situated toward the west: the westerly end of the field.
- westerners — Plural form of westerner.
- westernise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of westernize.
- westernism — a word, idiom, or practice characteristic of people of the Occident or of the western U.S.
- westernize — to influence with ideas, customs, practices, etc., characteristic of the Occident or of the western U.S.
11 letter words starting with west
- west-facing — orientated towards the west
- westborough — a town in central Massachusetts.
- westchester — a city in NE Illinois, near Chicago.
- westermarck — Edward Alexander [ed-werd al-ig-zan-der,, -zahn-;; Finnish ed-vahrd ah-lek-sahn-duh r] /ˈɛd wərd ˌæl ɪgˈzæn dər,, -ˈzɑn-;; Finnish ˈɛd vɑrd ˌɑ lɛkˈsɑn dər/ (Show IPA), 1862–1939, Finnish sociologist.
- westernised — to influence with ideas, customs, practices, etc., characteristic of the Occident or of the western U.S.
12 letter words starting with west
- westerliness — Westerly position.
- westernizing — Present participle of westernize.
- westinghouse — George, 1846–1914, U.S. inventor and manufacturer.
- westmoreland — William Childs [chahyldz] /tʃaɪldz/ (Show IPA), 1914–2005, U.S. army officer: commander of U.S. forces in Vietnam and Thailand 1964–68.
- westinghouse brake — a railroad air brake operated by compressed air.
14 letter words starting with west
- west-northwest — a point on the compass midway between west and northwest.
- west-southwest — a point on the compass midway between west and southwest.
- westernisation — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of westernization.
- westernization — The process of assimilation, by a society, of the customs and practices of western culture.
17 letter words starting with west
- weston-super-mare — a town and resort in SW England, in North Somerset unitary authority, Somerset, on the Bristol Channel. Pop: 78 044 (2001)
18 letter words starting with west
On this page, we collect all words starting with WEST. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 205 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with WEST. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.