Words starting with w
1 letter words starting with w
- w — the 23rd letter of the English alphabet, a semivowel.
- w boson — either of two types of charged intermediate vector bosons, one having a positive charge and the other a negative charge. Symbols: W + , W −.
- w bosons — either of two types of charged intermediate vector bosons, one having a positive charge and the other a negative charge. Symbols: W + , W −.
- w particle — either of two types of charged intermediate vector bosons, one having a positive charge and the other a negative charge. Symbols: W + , W −.
2 letter words starting with w
3 letter words starting with w
4 letter words starting with w
- waac — U.S. Military. Women's Army Auxiliary Corps: founded during World War II. a member of the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps. Compare Wac.
- waaf — Women's Auxiliary Air Force: formed during World War II as an auxiliary of the Royal Air Force.
- waal — a river in the central Netherlands, flowing W to the Meuse River: the center branch of the lower Rhine. 52 miles (84 km) long.
- wabs — web.
- wace — Robert [rob-ert;; French raw-ber] /ˈrɒb ərt;; French rɔˈbɛr/ (Show IPA), ("Wace of Jersey") c1100–c1180, Anglo-Norman poet born on the Channel Island of Jersey.
5 letter words starting with w
- wa-wa — a sound or effect like the muted sound of a trumpet, especially in music.
- waaaf — Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force
- waadt — German name of Vaud.
- waals — a river in the central Netherlands, flowing W to the Meuse River: the center branch of the lower Rhine. 52 miles (84 km) long.
- wacke — a poorly sorted sandstone containing fragments of rock and minerals in a clayey matrix.
6 letter words starting with w
- w.e.f. — with effect from
- wabash — a river flowing from W Ohio through Indiana, along part of the boundary between Indiana and Illinois, into the Ohio River. 475 miles (765 km) long.
- wabbit — weary; exhausted
- wabble — the larva of a botfly, Cuterebra emasculator, that infests squirrels and other rodents, rendering the males sterile.
- wabbly — shaky; unsteady.
7 letter words starting with w
- wackest — wacko.
- wadable — that can be waded: a wadable stream.
- wadding — a small mass, lump, or ball of anything: a wad of paper; a wad of tobacco.
- waddled — to walk with short steps, swaying or rocking from side to side, as a duck.
- waffled — to talk foolishly or without purpose; idle away time talking.
8 letter words starting with w
9 letter words starting with w
- wackiness — odd or irrational; crazy: They had some wacky plan for selling more books.
- waddenzee — a shallow inlet of the North Sea between the N coast of the Netherlands and the West Frisian Islands: outer section of the former Zuider Zee. About 3861 sq. mi. (10,000 sq. km).
- wadsworth — a city in N Ohio.
- wagnerian — of, relating to, or characteristic of Richard Wagner or his works: Wagnerian grandeur; a Wagnerian soprano.
- wagon-lit — (in continental European usage) a railroad sleeping car.
10 letter words starting with w
- wacked-out — whacked-out.
- waddington — Mount, a mountain in SW British Columbia, Canada: highest peak of the Coast Mountains. 13,104 feet (3994 meters).
- wafer-thin — very thin: a wafer-thin slice.
- waferboard — a structural material made from wood wafers of controlled thickness and length bonded together with waterproof phenolic resin under extreme heat and pressure.
- wageworker — a member of the laboring class; wage earner.
11 letter words starting with w
- waffle-iron — a batter cake with a pattern of deep indentations on each side, formed by the gridlike design on each of the two hinged parts of the metal appliance (waffle iron) in which the cake is baked.
- wainscoting — wood, especially oak and usually in the form of paneling, for lining interior walls.
- waitressing — a woman who waits on tables, as in a restaurant.
- wakefulness — unable to sleep; not sleeping; indisposed to sleep: Excitement made the children wakeful.
- waldsterben — the symptoms of tree decline in central Europe from the 1970s, considered to be caused by atmospheric pollution
12 letter words starting with w
- wagon-headed — of the form of a round arch or a semicylinder, like the cover of a wagon when stretched over the bows, as a ceiling or roof.
- wainscotting — paneling or woodwork with which rooms, hallways, etc., are wainscoted.
- waistcoating — a fabric for making waistcoats.
- wakeboarding — (sports) A water sport where a rider on a small board is towed by a motor boat, and attached by a cable.
- walk-through — Theater, Television. a rehearsal in which physical action is combined with reading the lines of a play. a perfunctory performance of a script.
13 letter words starting with w
- walkie-talkie — a combined transmitter and receiver light enough to be carried by one person: developed originally for military use in World War II.
- wash-and-wear — noting or pertaining to a garment that can be washed, that dries quickly, and that requires little or no ironing; drip-dry.
- washingtonian — living in or coming from Washington, D.C., or the state of Washington.
14 letter words starting with w
- wagner-jauregg — Julius [yoo-lee-oo s] /ˈyu liˌʊs/ (Show IPA), 1857–1940, Austrian psychiatrist: Nobel Prize in medicine 1927.
- walpurgisnacht — (especially in medieval German folklore) the evening preceding the feast day of St. Walpurgis, when witches congregated, especially on the Brocken.
- walking-around money — money that is carried on the person for routine expenses and minor emergencies; pocket money.
21 letter words starting with w
- watenstedt-salzgitter — former name of Salzgitter.
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter W. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8957 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with W. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.