Words starting with ul
3 letter words starting with ul
- ulc — ultra-large carrier
- ule — caucho.
- ulm — a city in E Baden-Württemberg, in S Germany, on the Danube.
- ulp — 1. (language) A small structured language for use on microprocessors. 2. (protocol) Upper Layer Protocol.
- ulu — a knife with a broad, nearly semicircular blade joined to a short haft at a right angle to the unsharpened side: a traditional tool of Eskimo women.
4 letter words starting with ul
- ulan — one of a group of lancers in a light-cavalry unit, first appearing in Europe in the Polish army.
- ulcc — University of London Computing Centre
- ules — caucho.
- ulex — any of a genus of thorny shrubs of the family Fabaceae
- ulna — Anatomy. the bone of the forearm on the side opposite to the thumb. Compare radius (def 7).
5 letter words starting with ul
- ulama — a body of Muslim scholars or religious leaders
- ulcer — Pathology. a sore on the skin or a mucous membrane, accompanied by the disintegration of tissue, the formation of pus, etc.
- ulema — Muslim scholars or men of authority in religion and law
- ulmin — a dark substance found in decaying vegetation
- ulnad — towards the ulna
6 letter words starting with ul
- ulitis — an inflammation of the gums
- ullage — the amount by which the contents fall short of filling a container, as a cask or bottle.
- ulling — the process of completely filling a container or vessel
- ulluco — a trailing South American perennial herb, Ullucus tuberosus, bearing fleshy tubers.
- ulnare — any of the eight small bones of the carpus
7 letter words starting with ul
- ulanova — Galina (Sergeyevna) [guh-lee-nuh sur-gey-uh v-nuh;; Russian guh-lyee-nuh syir-gye-yiv-nuh] /gəˈli nə sɜrˈgeɪ əv nə;; Russian gʌˈlyi nə syɪrˈgyɛ yɪv nə/ (Show IPA), 1910–98, Soviet ballerina.
- ulexite — a mineral, hydrous sodium and calcium borate, NaCaB 5 O 9 ⋅8H 2 O, occurring in arid regions in the form of white acicular crystals: a major source of borax.
- ulfilas — a.d. c311–c382, Christian bishop to the Goths: translated Bible into the Gothic language.
- ultisol — a weathered, red and yellow acidic soil of warm, humid areas that is agriculturally productive when treated with lime and organic fertilizers.
- ultra64 — (hardware, games) A Nintendo games machine, unveiled in May 1995.
8 letter words starting with ul
- ulan-ude — an automomous republic in the Russian Federation in Asia, E of Lake Baikal. About 35,650 sq. mi. (351,300 sq. km). Capital: Ulan Ude.
- ulbricht — Walter [vahl-tuh r] /ˈvɑl tər/ (Show IPA), 1893–1973, German Communist leader: chairman of the East German Council of State 1960–73.
- ulcerate — to form an ulcer; become ulcerous: His skin ulcerated after exposure to radioactive material.
- ulcerous — of the nature of an ulcer; characterized by the formation of ulcers.
- ulstered — wearing an ulster
9 letter words starting with ul
- ulcerated — to form an ulcer; become ulcerous: His skin ulcerated after exposure to radioactive material.
- uliginous — growing in swamps or muddy places.
- ullswater — a lake in NW England, in Cumbria in the Lake District. Length: 12 km (7.5 miles)
- ulmaceous — belonging to the Ulmaceae, the elm family of plants.
- ulsterman — a native or inhabitant of Ulster.
10 letter words starting with ul
- ulcerating — to form an ulcer; become ulcerous: His skin ulcerated after exposure to radioactive material.
- ulceration — to form an ulcer; become ulcerous: His skin ulcerated after exposure to radioactive material.
- ulcerative — causing ulceration.
- ulhasnagar — a city in W Maharashtra, in W central India, NE of Mumbai.
- ulsterette — a small ulster
11 letter words starting with ul
- ulcerogenic — producing or inducing the formation of an ulcer.
- ulotrichous — belonging to a group of people having woolly or crisply curly hair.
- ulsterites' — a former province in Ireland, now comprising Northern Ireland and a part of the Republic of Ireland.
- ultra-right — having extreme right-wing views
- ultracasual — extremely casual
12 letter words starting with ul
13 letter words starting with ul
- ultra-leftism — the beliefs of extremely left-wing political parties or groups
- ultra-leftist — a person with extremely left-wing political views
- ultra-liberal — extremely liberal, especially in politics.
- ultra-radical — of or going to the root or origin; fundamental: a radical difference.
- ultra-realism — interest in or concern for the actual or real, as distinguished from the abstract, speculative, etc.
14 letter words starting with ul
- ultimogeniture — postremogeniture.
- ultra-distance — covering a distance in excess of 30 miles, often as part of a longer race or competition
- ultra-feminine — pertaining to a woman or girl: feminine beauty; feminine dress.
- ultra-orthodox — of, relating to, or conforming to the approved form of any doctrine, philosophy, ideology, etc.
- ultra-rational — agreeable to reason; reasonable; sensible: a rational plan for economic development.
15 letter words starting with ul
- ultimate-stress — the quantity of the utmost tensile, compressive, or shearing stress that a given unit area of a certain material is expected to bear without failing.
- ultra-masculine — pertaining to or characteristic of a man or men: masculine attire.
- ultra-modernist — very advanced in ideas, design, or techniques.
- ultra-patriotic — of, like, suitable for, or characteristic of a patriot.
- ultra-realistic — interested in, concerned with, or based on what is real or practical: a realistic estimate of costs; a realistic planner.
16 letter words starting with ul
- ultra-liberalism — extremely liberal, especially in politics.
- ultracrepidarian — noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside the area of his or her expertise: The play provides a classic, simplistic portrayal of an ultracrepidarian mother-in-law.
- ultramicroscopic — an instrument that uses scattering phenomena to detect the position of objects too small to be seen by an ordinary microscope.
- ultraminiaturize — to reduce to an ultraminiature size or scale.
- ultranationalism — extreme devotion to or advocacy of the interests of a nation, especially regardless of the effect on any other nations.
17 letter words starting with ul
19 letter words starting with ul
- ultracrepidarianism — noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside the area of his or her expertise: The play provides a classic, simplistic portrayal of an ultracrepidarian mother-in-law.
- ultramicrochemistry — the branch of microchemistry dealing with minute quantities of material weighing one microgram or less.
On this page, we collect all words starting with UL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 275 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with UL. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.