Words starting with tro
3 letter words starting with tro
- tro — tail recursion optimisation
4 letter words starting with tro
- trod — a simple past tense and past participle of tread.
- trog — Chiefly British Slang. a hooligan; lout.
- tron — 1. (project) The Real-Time Operating System Nucleus. 2. (language, programming, testing, tool) (TRace ON) A command used when debugging programs written in early line-numbered BASIC that contained GOTO and GOSUB statements. When the TRON command had been executed, the program ran with a window open indicating the line number being executed at that instant. The TROFF (an abbreviation for "TRace OFF") command turned the tracing off.
- trop — too; too much or too many.
- trot — (of a horse) to go at a gait between a walk and a run, in which the legs move in diagonal pairs, but not quite simultaneously, so that when the movement is slow one foot at least is always on the ground, and when fast all four feet are momentarily off the ground at once.
5 letter words starting with tro
6 letter words starting with tro
- trocar — a sharp-pointed instrument enclosed in a cannula, used for withdrawing fluid from a cavity, as the abdominal cavity.
- troche — a small tablet or lozenge, usually a circular one, made of medicinal substance worked into a paste with sugar and mucilage or the like, and dried.
- troggs — loyalty; fidelity
- trogon — any of several brilliantly colored birds of the family Trogonidae, especially of the genus Trogon, of tropical and subtropical regions of the New World.
- troika — a Russian carriage, wagon, or sleigh drawn by a team of three horses abreast.
7 letter words starting with tro
- trochal — resembling a wheel.
- trochee — a foot of two syllables, a long followed by a short in quantitative meter, or a stressed followed by an unstressed in accentual meter. Symbol: .
- troches — a small tablet or lozenge, usually a circular one, made of medicinal substance worked into a paste with sugar and mucilage or the like, and dried.
- trochus — (in ancient Greece and Rome) a hoop or wheel, as used in play or exercise
- trocken — (of wine, esp German wine) dry
8 letter words starting with tro
- trochaic — pertaining to the trochee.
- troches' — a small tablet or lozenge, usually a circular one, made of medicinal substance worked into a paste with sugar and mucilage or the like, and dried.
- trochite — an individual section of the stalk of a fossil crinoid, resembling a small wheel
- trochlea — a pulleylike structure or arrangement of parts.
- trochoid — Geometry. a curve traced by a point on a radius or an extension of the radius of a circle that rolls, without slipping, on a curve, another circle, or a straight line. Equation: x = aθ − b sin θ, y = a − b cos θ.
9 letter words starting with tro
10 letter words starting with tro
- trochanter — Anatomy. either of two knobs at the top of the femur, the greater on the outside and the lesser on the inside, serving for the attachment of muscles between the thigh and pelvis.
- trochoidal — like, arranged or in the form of a trochoid, or belonging or relating to trochoids
- trochotron — a trochoidal magnetron, in which the electrodes are arranged in a wheel-like pattern around a central cathode, and electrons can be caused to move in a trochoidal curve
- troctolite — a rare type of coarse-grained igneous rock generally composed mainly of olivine and feldspar
- troglodyte — a prehistoric cave dweller.
11 letter words starting with tro
- trochophore — a ciliate, free-swimming larva common to several groups of invertebrates, as many mollusks and rotifers.
- troglobiont — any creature having a cave-dwelling mode of life.
- troglodytic — a prehistoric cave dweller.
- trombiculid — (of a mite) belonging to the family Trombiculidae
- tromometric — of, relating to, or using a tromometer
12 letter words starting with tro
- trochanteric — belonging or relating to a trochanter
- trocheameter — a device that records the distance that a motor vehicle has travelled
- trochelminth — any invertebrate of the phylum Trochelminthes (now usually broken up into several phyla), comprising the rotifers, gastrotrichs, and several other forms.
- troglodytism — the condition of being a troglodyte
- trombidiasis — infestation with mites of the family Trombiculidae
13 letter words starting with tro
- trophotropism — the response by an organism or cell to, or the movement of an organism or cell towards or away from, an external source of nutrition
- tropic-cancer — Geography. either of two corresponding parallels of latitude on the terrestrial globe, one (tropic of Cancer) about 23½° N, and the other (tropic of Capricorn) about 23½° S of the equator, being the boundaries of the Torrid Zone. the tropics, the regions lying between and near these parallels of latitude; the Torrid Zone and neighboring regions.
- tropocollagen — the molecular unit which forms collagen, consisting of three polypeptide chains
- troublemaking — a person who causes difficulties, distress, worry, etc., for others, especially one who does so habitually as a matter of malice.
- trous-de-loup — a conical or pyramidal pit with a pointed stake fixed vertically in the center, rows of which are dug in front of a fortification to hinder an enemy's approach, formerly used chiefly against cavalry.
14 letter words starting with tro
- trois-rivieres — French name of Three Rivers.
- trombiculiasis — the condition of being infested with chiggers.
- trophoneurosis — a disorder caused by defective functioning of the trophic nerves
- tropologically — in a way which uses figurative language
- troubleshooted — to act or be employed as a troubleshooter: She troubleshoots for a large industrial firm.
15 letter words starting with tro
20 letter words starting with tro
- trois-rivieres-ouest — French name of West Three Rivers.
On this page, we collect all words starting with TRO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 303 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with TRO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.