Words starting with th
2 letter words starting with th
3 letter words starting with th
- tha — the fourth letter of the Arabic alphabet.
- thb — Bachelor of Theology
- thc — tetrahydrocannabidinol: the active ingredient in cannabis, giving it its narcotic and psychoactive effects
- thd — Doctor of Theology
- the — (used to modify an adjective or adverb in the comparative degree and to signify “in or by that,” “on that account,” “in or by so much,” or “in some or any degree”): He's been on vacation and looks the better for it.
4 letter words starting with th
- thai — Also called Thailander [tahy-lan-der, -luh n-] /ˈtaɪˌlæn dər, -lən-/ (Show IPA). a native or descendant of a native of Thailand.
- than — in relation to; by comparison with (usually followed by a pronoun in the objective case): He is a person than whom I can imagine no one more courteous.
- thar — any of several Old World wild goats of the genus Hemitragus, as H. jemlahicus (Himalayan tahr) introduced into New Zealand, having a long mane and short, stout, recurving horns: most are endangered or threatened in their native regions.
- that — (used with adjectives and adverbs of quantity or extent) to the extent or degree indicated: that much; The fish was that big.
- thaw — to pass or change from a frozen to a liquid or semiliquid state; melt.
5 letter words starting with th
- thach — Edward, Teach, Edward.
- thais — flourished late 4th century b.c, Athenian courtesan: mistress of Alexander the Great and Ptolemy I.
- thali — a meal consisting of several small meat or vegetable dishes accompanied by rice, bread, etc, and sometimes by a starter or a sweet
- thana — a city in W Maharashtra, in W India: suburb of Mumbai.
- thane — Early English History. a member of any of several aristocratic classes of men ranking between earls and ordinary freemen, and granted lands by the king or by lords for military service.
6 letter words starting with th
- thakur — chief or master (used as a term of respectful address among the Kshatriya caste in India).
- thaler — any of various former large coins of various German states; dollar.
- thales — c640–546? b.c, Greek philosopher, born in Miletus.
- thalia — the Muse of comedy and idyllic poetry.
- thalli — a simple vegetative body undifferentiated into true leaves, stem, and root, ranging from an aggregation of filaments to a complex plantlike form.
7 letter words starting with th
- thalami — Anatomy. the middle part of the diencephalon through which sensory impulses pass to reach the cerebral cortex.
- thallic — of or containing thallium, especially in the trivalent state.
- thallus — a simple vegetative body undifferentiated into true leaves, stem, and root, ranging from an aggregation of filaments to a complex plantlike form.
- thalweg — a line, as drawn on a map, connecting the lowest points of a valley.
- thanage — the tenure by which lands were held by a thane.
8 letter words starting with th
- thaddeus — one of the twelve apostles. Matt. 10:3.
- thailand — Formerly Siam. a kingdom in SE Asia: official name of Siam 1939–45 and since 1949. 198,242 sq. mi. (513,445 sq. km). Capital: Bangkok.
- thalamic — Anatomy. the middle part of the diencephalon through which sensory impulses pass to reach the cerebral cortex.
- thalamus — Anatomy. the middle part of the diencephalon through which sensory impulses pass to reach the cerebral cortex.
- thalassa — the personification of the sea.
9 letter words starting with th
10 letter words starting with th
- thailander — Also called Thailander [tahy-lan-der, -luh n-] /ˈtaɪˌlæn dər, -lən-/ (Show IPA). a native or descendant of a native of Thailand.
- thanatotic — an ancient Greek personification of death.
- thankfully — feeling or expressing gratitude; appreciative.
- the-castle — German Das Schloss. a novel (1926) by Franz Kafka.
- the-clouds — a comedy (423 b.c.) by Aristophanes.
11 letter words starting with th
- thalassemia — a hereditary form of anemia, occurring chiefly in people of Mediterranean origin, marked by the abnormal synthesis of hemoglobin and a consequent shortened life span of red blood cells.
- thalidomide — a crystalline, slightly water-soluble solid, C 13 H 10 N 2 O 4 , formerly used as a sedative: if taken during pregnancy, it may cause severe abnormalities in the limbs of the fetus.
- thallophyte — any of the Thallophyta, a plant division in some older classification schemes, comprising algae, fungi, and lichens.
- thanatology — the study of death and its surrounding circumstances, as in forensic medicine.
- thanatopsis — a view or contemplation of death.
12 letter words starting with th
- thalassaemia — a hereditary disease, common in many parts of the world, resulting from defects in the synthesis of the red blood pigment haemoglobin
- thalassocrat — a nation that has dominion over the seas.
- thankfulness — feeling or expressing gratitude; appreciative.
- thanksgiving — the act of giving thanks; grateful acknowledgment of benefits or favors, especially to God.
- thaumatology — the study or description of miracles.
13 letter words starting with th
14 letter words starting with th
- thalassography — oceanography, especially that branch dealing with smaller bodies of water, as bays, sounds, and gulfs.
- thaumaturgical — pertaining to a thaumaturge or to thaumaturgy.
- the-bostonians — a novel (1886) by Henry James.
- the-federalist — a series of 85 essays (1787–88) by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay, written in support of the Constitution.
- the-mabinogion — a collection of medieval Welsh romances that were translated (1838–49) by Lady Charlotte Guest.
15 letter words starting with th
- thalassotherapy — the use of sea water and marine products as a therapeutic treatment
- thanatognomonic — signalling the nearness of death
- thank-you-ma'am — a bump or depression in a road that jars a person riding over it.
- the-ambassadors — a novel (1903) by Henry James.
- the-arbitration — a comedy (c300 b.c.) by Menander, extant only as a fragment.
16 letter words starting with th
- thalamencephalon — the diencephalon.
- the-card-players — a painting (1892) by Paul Cézanne.
- the-constitution — an American 44-gun frigate, famous for its exploits in the War of 1812 and popularly called “Old Ironsides.”.
- the-little-foxes — a play (1939) by Lillian Hellman.
- theatre-francais — Comédie Française.
17 letter words starting with th
- thabana-ntlenyana — a mountain in Lesotho: the highest peak of the Drakensberg Mountains. Height: 3482 m (11 425 ft)
- the-invisible-man — a novel (1897) by H.G. Wells.
- the-metamorphosis — a short story (1915) by Franz Kafka.
- theatricalization — to put into dramatic or theatrical form; dramatize.
- thermocoagulation — the coagulation of tissue by heat-producing high-frequency electric currents, used therapeutically to remove small growths or to create specific lesions in the brain.
18 letter words starting with th
- the-cocktail-party — a play in verse (1950) by T. S. Eliot.
- the-dark-continent — Africa: so called, especially during the 19th century, because little was known about it.
- the-master-builder — a play (1892) by Ibsen.
- thermoelectrometer — an instrument for measuring a charge or voltage by means of the heat it produces in a resistance.
- thermogalvanometer — a thermoammeter for measuring small currents, consisting of a thermocouple connected to a direct-current galvanometer.
19 letter words starting with th
20 letter words starting with th
21 letter words starting with th
22 letter words starting with th
- the-leaning-tower-pisa — a round, marble campanile in Pisa, Italy, begun in 1174 and now 17 feet (5.2 meters) out of the perpendicular in its height of 179 feet (54 meters).
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
On this page, we collect all words starting with TH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3540 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with TH. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.