Words starting with sta
4 letter words starting with sta
- stab — to pierce or wound with or as if with a pointed weapon: She stabbed a piece of chicken with her fork.
- stag — an adult male deer.
- stan — a male given name, form of Stanley.
- star — any of the heavenly bodies, except the moon, appearing as fixed luminous points in the sky at night.
- stat — statistic.
5 letter words starting with sta
- stack — a more or less orderly pile or heap: a precariously balanced stack of books; a neat stack of papers.
- stacy — a male or female given name.
- stade — a period of time represented by a glacial deposit.
- stael — Madame de (Baronne de Staël-Holstein) 1766–1817, French novelist, essayist, poet, and philosopher.
- staff — a group of persons, as employees, charged with carrying out the work of an establishment or executing some undertaking.
6 letter words starting with sta
7 letter words starting with sta
- stabile — fixed in position; stable.
- stabler — a person who runs a horse stable.
- stachys — any plant of the genus Stachys, esp S. lanata (lamb's ears) and S. officinalis (betony)
- stacked — (of a woman) having a voluptuous figure.
- stacker — a more or less orderly pile or heap: a precariously balanced stack of books; a neat stack of papers.
8 letter words starting with sta
- stabbing — penetrating; piercing: a stabbing pain.
- stabling — a building for the lodging and feeding of horses, cattle, etc.
- stablish — establish.
- staccato — shortened and detached when played or sung: staccato notes.
- stacking — a more or less orderly pile or heap: a precariously balanced stack of books; a neat stack of papers.
9 letter words starting with sta
- stabilate — a collection of living organisms, gathered on one occasion and preserved for a particular use
- stabilise — to make or hold stable, firm, or steadfast.
- stability — the state or quality of being stable.
- stabilize — to make or hold stable, firm, or steadfast.
- stableboy — a person who works in a stable.
10 letter words starting with sta
- stabbingly — in a stabbing way
- stabilised — to make or hold stable, firm, or steadfast.
- stabilizer — a person or thing that stabilizes.
- stableford — a scoring system in which points are awarded according to the number of strokes taken at each hole, whereby a hole completed in one stroke over par counts as one point, a hole completed in level par counts as two points, etc
- stablemate — a horse sharing a stable with another.
11 letter words starting with sta
12 letter words starting with sta
- stabilimeter — stabilograph.
- stabilizator — a stabilizer
- stabilograph — an instrument for measuring body sway.
- stackability — capable of being stacked, especially easily: stackable chairs.
- staddlestone — (formerly) one of several supports for a hayrick, consisting of a truncated conical stone surmounted by a flat circular stone
13 letter words starting with sta
- stabilization — the act or process of stabilizing or the state of being stabilized.
- staccatissimo — in a very staccato manner
- staffordshire — a county in central England. 1154 sq. mi. (2715 sq. km). County seat: Stafford.
- stagecoachman — the driver or operator of a stagecoach
- stainlessness — the quality or condition of being stainless
14 letter words starting with sta
- stagflationary — of, caused by, or relating to, stagflation
- stalking-horse — a horse, or a figure of a horse, behind which a hunter hides in stalking game.
- staphylococcus — any of several spherical bacteria of the genus Staphylococcus, occurring in pairs, tetrads, and irregular clusters, certain species of which, as S. aureus, can be pathogenic for humans.
- staphyloplasty — plastic surgery or surgical repair involving the soft palate or the uvula
- starch-reduced — (of food, esp bread) having the starch content reduced, as in proprietary slimming products
15 letter words starting with sta
- stalactitically — in a way that relates to, consists of, or is like stalactites
- stalagmitically — in a way that relates to, consists of, or is like stalagmites
- standard-bearer — an officer or soldier of an army or military unit who bears a standard.
- standardization — to bring to or make of an established standard size, weight, quality, strength, or the like: to standardize manufactured parts.
- staphylorrhaphy — repair of a cleft palate by means of staphyloplasty and suturing
16 letter words starting with sta
- state-of-the-art — the latest and most sophisticated or advanced stage of a technology, art, or science.
17 letter words starting with sta
18 letter words starting with sta
- station-to-station — (of a long-distance telephone call) chargeable upon speaking with anyone at the number called: a station-to-station call to his home in Dallas.
21 letter words starting with sta
- stabilization-process — the act or process of stabilizing or the state of being stabilized.
26 letter words starting with sta
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
On this page, we collect all words starting with STA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1123 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with STA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.