Words starting with si
2 letter words starting with si
- si — the syllable used for the seventh tone of a scale and sometimes for the tone B.
- si unit — See under International System of Units.
- si units — an internationally accepted coherent system of physical units, derived from the MKSA (meter-kilogram-second-ampere) system, using the meter, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, mole, and candela as the basic units (SI units) respectively of the fundamental quantities of length, mass, time, electric current, temperature, amount of substance, and luminous intensity. Abbreviation: SI.
3 letter words starting with si
- sib — related by blood; akin.
- sic — to attack (used especially in commanding a dog): Sic 'em!
- sid — Gaius [gey-uh s] /ˈgeɪ əs/ (Show IPA), (or Caius) [key-uh s] /ˈkeɪ əs/ (Show IPA), Julius, c100–44 b.c, Roman general, statesman, and historian.
- sif — disgusting; sickening; nasty
- sig — Special Interest Group
4 letter words starting with si
- sial — the assemblage of rocks, rich in silica and alumina, that comprise the continental portions of the upper layer of the earth's crust.
- siam — former name of Thailand (def 1).
- sian — Older Spelling. Xian.
- sica — Vittorio [vi-tawr-ee-oh,, -tohr-;; Italian veet-taw-ryaw] /vɪˈtɔr iˌoʊ,, -ˈtoʊr-;; Italian vitˈtɔ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1901–74, Italian motion-picture director, producer, and actor.
- sice — (in India) a groom; stable attendant.
5 letter words starting with si
6 letter words starting with si
- siabon — a hybrid animal bred from a gibbon and a siamang.
- sialic — the assemblage of rocks, rich in silica and alumina, that comprise the continental portions of the upper layer of the earth's crust.
- sialid — any neuropterous insect of the family Sialidae, comprising the alderflies.
- sibire — Russian name of Siberia.
- siccar — sure; certain
7 letter words starting with si
- sialkot — a city in NE Pakistan: military station.
- sialoid — resembling saliva
- siamang — a large, black gibbon, Hylobates syndactylus, of Sumatra and the Malay Peninsula, having very long arms and the second and third digits partially united by a web of skin: an endangered species.
- siamese — of or relating to Siam, its people, or their language.
- siberia — Russian Sibirʾ. an extensive region in the Russian Federation in N Asia, extending from the Ural Mountains to the Pacific.
8 letter words starting with si
- siangtan — a city in E Hunan, in S China.
- siauliai — a city in N Lithuania, N of Kaunas.
- sibelius — Jean (Julius Christian) [zhahn yoo-lyoo s kris-tyahn] /ʒɑn ˈyu lyʊs ˈkrɪs tyɑn/ (Show IPA), 1865–1957, Finnish composer.
- siberian — Russian Sibirʾ. an extensive region in the Russian Federation in N Asia, extending from the Ural Mountains to the Pacific.
- siberite — a violet or violet-red tourmaline, used as a gem.
9 letter words starting with si
10 letter words starting with si
- sialagogic — encouraging salivary flow.
- sialagogue — sialagogic (def 1).
- sialogogue — sialagogic (def 1).
- sicklebill — any of various birds having a long, curved bill, as the long-billed curlew or curve-billed thrasher.
- sicklemias — the usually asymptomatic hereditary condition that occurs when a person inherits from only one parent the abnormal hemoglobin gene characteristic of sickle cell anemia.
11 letter words starting with si
- sialography — radiography of salivary glands once they have been injected with a contrast medium
- side-effect — any effect of a drug, chemical, or other medicine that is in addition to its intended effect, especially an effect that is harmful or unpleasant.
- side-glance — a glance directed to the side; an oblique or sideways look: a side-glance of displeasure at her interrupter.
- side-lining — a line at the side of something.
- side-saddle — a saddle for women on which the rider sits, facing forward, usually with both feet on the left side of the horse.
12 letter words starting with si
- sialadenitis — inflammation of one or more of the salivary glands.
- side-wheeler — having a paddle wheel on each side, as a steamboat.
- siderochrome — any of various chemical compounds functioning in the transport of iron in bacteria.
- siderography — the art or technique of engraving on steel.
- sidesplitter — something that is uproariously funny, as a joke or a situation.
13 letter words starting with si
- sickle-hocked — noting or pertaining to a condition of horses in which the hock, due to strained tendons and ligaments, is flexed so that the foot is abnormally bowed far under the body.
- side-stepping — to step to one side.
- sidesplitting — convulsively uproarious: sidesplitting laughter.
- sigmoidectomy — surgical removal of the sigmoid colon
- sigmoidoscope — a rigid or flexible endoscope for visual examination of the rectum and sigmoid colon.
14 letter words starting with si
- side-splitting — convulsively uproarious: sidesplitting laughter.
- sidi-bel-abbes — a city in NW Algeria.
- silver-spooned — born into, of, or relating to a wealthy upper-class family
- silver-tongued — persuasive; eloquent: a silver-tongued orator.
- silviculturist — the cultivation of forest trees; forestry.
15 letter words starting with si
- significatively — serving to signify.
- simplicidentate — belonging or pertaining to the Simplicidentata, formerly regarded as a suborder or division of rodents having only one pair of upper incisor teeth.
- single-breasted — (of a coat, jacket, etc.) having a front closure directly in the center with only a narrow overlap secured by a single button or row of buttons.
- signal-to-noise ratio — the ratio of one parameter, such as power of a wanted signal to the same parameter of the noise at a specified point in an electronic circuit, etc
16 letter words starting with si
- simply-connected — (of a set or domain) having a connected complement.
17 letter words starting with si
- singer-songwriter — A singer-songwriter is someone who writes and performs their own songs, especially popular songs.
18 letter words starting with si
- silicon-controlled rectifier — a semiconductor rectifier whose forward current between two electrodes, the anode and cathode, is initiated by means of a signal applied to a third electrode, the gate. The current subsequently becomes independent of the signal. It is a type of thyristor
On this page, we collect all words starting with SI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1861 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with SI. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.