Words starting with sha
3 letter words starting with sha
- sha — Secure Hash Algorithm
4 letter words starting with sha
- shad — a deep-bodied herring, Alosa sapidissima, of Europe and North America, that migrates up streams to spawn, used for food.
- shag — this dance step.
- shah — (formerly, in Iran) king; sovereign.
- shak — Shakespeare
- sham — something that is not what it purports to be; a spurious imitation; fraud or hoax.
5 letter words starting with sha
- shaba — a province in the SE Democratic Republic of the Congo: important mining area. 191,878 sq. mi. (496,964 sq. km). Capital: Lubumbashi.
- shack — a rough cabin; shanty.
- shaco — An early system on the IBM 701.
- shade — the comparative darkness caused by the interception or screening of rays of light from an object, place, or area.
- shady — abounding in shade; shaded: shady paths.
6 letter words starting with sha
- shaban — the eighth month of the Muslim calendar.
- shabby — impaired by wear, use, etc.; worn: shabby clothes.
- shache — a city in W Xinjiang Uygur, in W China, in a large oasis of the Tarim Basin.
- shacko — a military cap in the form of a cylinder or truncated cone, with a visor and a plume or pompon.
- shacky — run-down; dilapidated: a shacky old place.
7 letter words starting with sha
8 letter words starting with sha
- shabbier — impaired by wear, use, etc.; worn: shabby clothes.
- shabbily — impaired by wear, use, etc.; worn: shabby clothes.
- shabelle — Webi Shebeli.
- shabrack — the saddlecloth of a cavalry horse used by European light cavalry
- shabuoth — a festival, celebrated on the sixth and seventh days of Sivan by Orthodox and Conservative Jews outside Israel but only on the sixth day by Reform Jews and Jews in Israel, that commemorates God's giving of the Ten Commandments to Moses.
9 letter words starting with sha
10 letter words starting with sha
- shabbiness — impaired by wear, use, etc.; worn: shabby clothes.
- shacharith — the religious service celebrated by Jews every morning.
- shackleton — Sir Ernest Henry, 1874–1922, English explorer of the Antarctic.
- shade-tree — a tree planted or valued for its shade.
- shadow-box — a shallow, rectangular frame fronted with a glass panel, used to show and at the same time protect items on display, as paintings, coins, or jewelry.
11 letter words starting with sha
- shabu-shabu — a Japanese dish of thinly sliced meat and vegetables boiled quickly in broth and served with various dipping sauces.
- shacklebone — the wrist
- shade-grown — grown in the shade, especially in artificial shade, as under a cloth.
- shadowgraph — a picture produced by throwing a shadow, as of the hands, on a lighted screen, wall, or the like.
- shaftesbury — Anthony Ashley Cooper, 1st Earl of, 1621–83, English statesman.
12 letter words starting with sha
- shadowgraphy — the production of a shadowgraph
- shahjahanpur — a city in central Uttar Pradesh, in N India.
- shamateurism — a sports term referring to a state in which an athlete is classified as an amateur but acts like a professional, usually by raising money
- shamefacedly — modest or bashful.
- shamrock-pea — a trailing plant, Parochetus communis, of the legume family, native to Asia and east Africa, having shamrocklike leaves with a brown crescent at the base and pea-shaped, pink and blue flowers.
13 letter words starting with sha
- shack-tapping — the making of house-by-house visits to canvass.
- shadowcasting — the enhancement of images by the casting of shadows
- shakespearean — of, relating to, or suggestive of Shakespeare or his works.
- shakespearian — of, relating to, or suggestive of Shakespeare or his works.
- shambolically — in a completely disorganized or chaotic manner
14 letter words starting with sha
- shabby-genteel — trying to maintain dignity and self-respect despite shabbiness.
- shabby-looking — appearing old and in bad condition
- shakespeareana — collected writings or items relating to Shakespeare
- shallow-minded — lacking intellectual or mental depth or subtlety; superficial
- shamefacedness — modest or bashful.
16 letter words starting with sha
- sharia-compliant — (of a product or service) produced or offered in accordance with the doctrines of the sharia
19 letter words starting with sha
- shared-appreciation mortgage — a type of mortgage that carries a smaller down payment or lower interest rate than usual in return for the lender's sharing in the appreciation of the property at some future date, as at the time of its sale. Abbreviation: SAM.
On this page, we collect all words starting with SHA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 562 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with SHA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.