Words starting with sh
3 letter words starting with sh
4 letter words starting with sh
- shad — a deep-bodied herring, Alosa sapidissima, of Europe and North America, that migrates up streams to spawn, used for food.
- shag — this dance step.
- shah — (formerly, in Iran) king; sovereign.
- sham — something that is not what it purports to be; a spurious imitation; fraud or hoax.
- shan — a group of Mongoloid tribes in the hills of Burma.
5 letter words starting with sh
- shaba — a province in the SE Democratic Republic of the Congo: important mining area. 191,878 sq. mi. (496,964 sq. km). Capital: Lubumbashi.
- shack — a rough cabin; shanty.
- shade — the comparative darkness caused by the interception or screening of rays of light from an object, place, or area.
- shady — abounding in shade; shaded: shady paths.
- shaef — Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Forces
6 letter words starting with sh
- shaban — the eighth month of the Muslim calendar.
- shabby — impaired by wear, use, etc.; worn: shabby clothes.
- shache — a city in W Xinjiang Uygur, in W China, in a large oasis of the Tarim Basin.
- shacko — a military cap in the form of a cylinder or truncated cone, with a visor and a plume or pompon.
- shacky — run-down; dilapidated: a shacky old place.
7 letter words starting with sh
8 letter words starting with sh
- shabbier — impaired by wear, use, etc.; worn: shabby clothes.
- shabbily — impaired by wear, use, etc.; worn: shabby clothes.
- shabelle — Webi Shebeli.
- shabuoth — a festival, celebrated on the sixth and seventh days of Sivan by Orthodox and Conservative Jews outside Israel but only on the sixth day by Reform Jews and Jews in Israel, that commemorates God's giving of the Ten Commandments to Moses.
- shackled — a ring or other fastening, as of iron, for securing the wrist, ankle, etc.; fetter.
9 letter words starting with sh
- shabbiest — impaired by wear, use, etc.; worn: shabby clothes.
- shacharis — Shaharith.
- shadberry — the fruit of a shadbush.
- shadeless — the comparative darkness caused by the interception or screening of rays of light from an object, place, or area.
- shadiness — abounding in shade; shaded: shady paths.
10 letter words starting with sh
- shabbiness — impaired by wear, use, etc.; worn: shabby clothes.
- shacharith — the religious service celebrated by Jews every morning.
- shackleton — Sir Ernest Henry, 1874–1922, English explorer of the Antarctic.
- shade-tree — a tree planted or valued for its shade.
- shadow-box — a shallow, rectangular frame fronted with a glass panel, used to show and at the same time protect items on display, as paintings, coins, or jewelry.
11 letter words starting with sh
- shabu-shabu — a Japanese dish of thinly sliced meat and vegetables boiled quickly in broth and served with various dipping sauces.
- shade-grown — grown in the shade, especially in artificial shade, as under a cloth.
- shadowgraph — a picture produced by throwing a shadow, as of the hands, on a lighted screen, wall, or the like.
- shaftesbury — Anthony Ashley Cooper, 1st Earl of, 1621–83, English statesman.
- shaggy-mane — an edible inky-cap mushroom, Coprinus comatus, having an elongated, shaggy pileus.
12 letter words starting with sh
- shahjahanpur — a city in central Uttar Pradesh, in N India.
- shamefacedly — modest or bashful.
- shamrock-pea — a trailing plant, Parochetus communis, of the legume family, native to Asia and east Africa, having shamrocklike leaves with a brown crescent at the base and pea-shaped, pink and blue flowers.
- share-milker — (in New Zealand) a person who lives on a dairy farm milking the owner's herd for an agreed share of the profits and, usually, building his own herd simultaneously
- sharecropper — a tenant farmer who pays as rent a share of the crop.
13 letter words starting with sh
- shack-tapping — the making of house-by-house visits to canvass.
- shakespearean — of, relating to, or suggestive of Shakespeare or his works.
- shakespearian — of, relating to, or suggestive of Shakespeare or his works.
- shamelessness — lacking any sense of shame: immodest; audacious.
- sharecropping — the practice of cultivating farmland as a sharecropper
14 letter words starting with sh
- shabby-genteel — trying to maintain dignity and self-respect despite shabbiness.
- shakespeareana — collected writings or items relating to Shakespeare
- shamefacedness — modest or bashful.
- shankaracharya — a.d. 789?–821? Hindu Vedantist philosopher and teacher.
- shawinigan-sud — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, S of Shawinigan.
15 letter words starting with sh
- shearing-stress — a coefficient of elasticity of a substance, expressing the ratio between the force per unit area (shearing stress) that laterally deforms the substance and the shear (shearing strain) that is produced by this force.
16 letter words starting with sh
19 letter words starting with sh
- shared-appreciation mortgage — a type of mortgage that carries a smaller down payment or lower interest rate than usual in return for the lender's sharing in the appreciation of the property at some future date, as at the time of its sale. Abbreviation: SAM.
On this page, we collect all words starting with SH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2233 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with SH. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.