Words starting with sab
3 letter words starting with sab
- sab — a person engaged in direct action to prevent a targeted activity, esp fox hunting, taking place
4 letter words starting with sab
5 letter words starting with sab
- sabah — a state in Malaysia, on the N tip of Borneo: formerly a British crown colony. 29,347 sq. mi. (76,008 sq. km). Capital: Kota Kinabalu.
- sabal — a variety of palm tree
- saber — a heavy, one-edged sword, usually slightly curved, used especially by cavalry.
- sabin — Albert Bruce, 1906–93, U.S. physician, born in Poland: developed Sabin vaccine.
- sabir — lingua franca (def 2).
6 letter words starting with sab
- sabalo — the tarpon.
- sabata — Victor de [veek-tawr de] /vikˈtɔr dɛ/ (Show IPA), 1892–1967, Italian composer and conductor.
- sabbat — (in the 14th–16th centuries) a secret rendezvous of witches and sorcerers for worshiping the Devil, characterized by orgiastic rites, dances, feasting, etc.
- sabean — of or relating to Saba.
- sabina — a female given name: from a Latin word meaning “a Sabine woman.”.
7 letter words starting with sab
- sabaean — of or relating to Saba.
- sabaoth — armies; hosts. Rom. 9:29; James 5:4.
- sabaton — a foot defense of mail or of a number of lames with solid toe and heel pieces.
- sabayon — zabaglione.
- sabbath — the seventh day of the week, Saturday, as the day of rest and religious observance among Jews and some Christians. Ex. 20:8–11.
8 letter words starting with sab
- sabadell — a city in NE Spain, N of Barcelona.
- sabatier — Paul [pawl] /pɔl/ (Show IPA), 1854–1941, French chemist: Nobel prize 1912.
- sabatini — Rafael [raf-ee-uh l] /ˈræf i əl/ (Show IPA), 1875–1950, English novelist and short-story writer, born in Italy.
- sabbatic — of or pertaining or appropriate to the Sabbath.
- sabotage — any underhand interference with production, work, etc., in a plant, factory, etc., as by enemy agents during wartime or by employees during a trade dispute.
9 letter words starting with sab
- sabadilla — a Mexican plant, Schoenocaulon officinale, of the lily family, having long, grasslike leaves and bitter seeds.
- sabbatine — of or relating to Saturdays
- sabbatism — sabbath observance
- sabbatize — to keep the Sabbath.
- sabellian — a member of a group of early Italian peoples including the Samnites and Sabines.
10 letter words starting with sab
- sabbatical — of or pertaining or appropriate to the Sabbath.
- sabinianus — died a.d. 606, pope 604–606.
- sabretache — a leather case suspended from a cavalryman's saddle
- sabbatical leave — a year or shorter period of absence for study, rest, or travel, given at intervals (orig. every seven years) as to some college teachers and now to people in other fields, at full or partial salary
- sabbatical year — Also called sabbatical leave. (in a school, college, university, etc.) a year, usually every seventh, of release from normal teaching duties granted to a professor, as for study or travel.
11 letter words starting with sab
12 letter words starting with sab
- sabermetrics — (used with a singular verb) the computerized measurement of baseball statistics.
13 letter words starting with sab
- saber-toothed — having long, saberlike upper canine teeth, sometimes extending below the margin of the lower jaw.
- saber-toothed tiger — any of several extinct members of the cat family Felidae from the Oligocene to Pleistocene Epochs, having greatly elongated, saberlike upper canine teeth.
- sabre-toothed tiger — any of various extinct Tertiary felines of the genus Smilodon and related genera, with long curved upper canine teeth
14 letter words starting with sab
- saber-rattling — a show or threat of military power, especially as used by a nation to impose its policies on other countries.
- sabermetrician — (used with a singular verb) the computerized measurement of baseball statistics.
- sabre-rattling — If you describe a threat, especially a threat of military action, as sabre-rattling, you do not believe that the threat will actually be carried out.
On this page, we collect all words starting with SAB. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 75 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with SAB. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.