Words starting with sa
3 letter words starting with sa
4 letter words starting with sa
- saar — Also called Saar Basin. a coal-producing region in W Germany, in the Saar River valley: governed by the League of Nations 1919–35; returned to Germany 1935 as a result of a plebiscite; under French economic control following World War II until 1956.
- saba — an island in the Netherlands Antilles, in the N Leeward Islands. 5 sq. mi. (13 sq. km).
- sabc — South African Broadcasting Corporation
- sabs — South African Bureau of Standards
- sacc — South African Council of Churches
5 letter words starting with sa
- saadi — (Muslih ud-Din) 1184?–1291? Persian poet.
- saarc — South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
- sabah — a state in Malaysia, on the N tip of Borneo: formerly a British crown colony. 29,347 sq. mi. (76,008 sq. km). Capital: Kota Kinabalu.
- saber — a heavy, one-edged sword, usually slightly curved, used especially by cavalry.
- sabin — Albert Bruce, 1906–93, U.S. physician, born in Poland: developed Sabin vaccine.
6 letter words starting with sa
- sabalo — the tarpon.
- sabata — Victor de [veek-tawr de] /vikˈtɔr dɛ/ (Show IPA), 1892–1967, Italian composer and conductor.
- sabbat — (in the 14th–16th centuries) a secret rendezvous of witches and sorcerers for worshiping the Devil, characterized by orgiastic rites, dances, feasting, etc.
- sabean — of or relating to Saba.
- sabina — a female given name: from a Latin word meaning “a Sabine woman.”.
7 letter words starting with sa
- sabaean — of or relating to Saba.
- sabaoth — armies; hosts. Rom. 9:29; James 5:4.
- sabaton — a foot defense of mail or of a number of lames with solid toe and heel pieces.
- sabayon — zabaglione.
- sabbath — the seventh day of the week, Saturday, as the day of rest and religious observance among Jews and some Christians. Ex. 20:8–11.
8 letter words starting with sa
- saaremaa — an island in the Baltic, at the mouth of the Gulf of Riga, belonging to Estonia. 1048 sq. mi. (2714 sq. km).
- saarinen — Eero [air-oh] /ˈɛər oʊ/ (Show IPA), 1910–61, U.S. architect, born in Finland.
- saarland — a state in W Germany, in the Saar River valley. 991 sq. mi. (2569 sq. km). Capital: Saarbrücken.
- sabadell — a city in NE Spain, N of Barcelona.
- sabatier — Paul [pawl] /pɔl/ (Show IPA), 1854–1941, French chemist: Nobel prize 1912.
9 letter words starting with sa
- sabadilla — a Mexican plant, Schoenocaulon officinale, of the lily family, having long, grasslike leaves and bitter seeds.
- sabbatize — to keep the Sabbath.
- sabellian — a member of a group of early Italian peoples including the Samnites and Sabines.
- sablefish — a large, blackish food fish, Anoplopoma fimbria, inhabiting waters of the North Pacific.
- sacagawea — ("Bird Woman") 1787?–1812? Shoshone guide and interpreter: accompanied Lewis and Clark expedition 1804–05.
10 letter words starting with sa
11 letter words starting with sa
- saarbrucken — a state in W Germany, in the Saar River valley. 991 sq. mi. (2569 sq. km). Capital: Saarbrücken.
- sabbatarian — a person who observes the seventh day of the week, Saturday, as the Sabbath.
- sabrmetrics — (used with a singular verb) the computerized measurement of baseball statistics.
- sacculation — formed into or having a saccule, sac, or saclike dilation.
- sacculiform — (of plant parts, etc) shaped like a small sac
12 letter words starting with sa
- sabermetrics — (used with a singular verb) the computerized measurement of baseball statistics.
- saccharinely — of the nature of or resembling that of sugar: a powdery substance with a saccharine taste.
- saccharinity — of the nature of or resembling that of sugar: a powdery substance with a saccharine taste.
- saccidananda — Sat-cit-ananda.
- sacramentals — of, relating to, or of the nature of a sacrament, especially the sacrament of the Eucharist.
13 letter words starting with sa
- saber-toothed — having long, saberlike upper canine teeth, sometimes extending below the margin of the lower jaw.
- saccharimeter — an optical instrument for determining the strength of sugar solutions by measuring the rotation of the plane of polarized light they produce.
- saccharimetry — the process of measuring the amount of sugar in a sample, as with a saccharimeter or by polarimetry.
- saccharolytic — of or causing the hydrolysis of sugars.
- saccharometer — an instrument for measuring the amount of sugar in a solution, as by determining the specific gravity of the solution.
14 letter words starting with sa
- saber-rattling — a show or threat of military power, especially as used by a nation to impose its policies on other countries.
- sabermetrician — (used with a singular verb) the computerized measurement of baseball statistics.
- sabre-rattling — If you describe a threat, especially a threat of military action, as sabre-rattling, you do not believe that the threat will actually be carried out.
- sacchariferous — containing or yielding sugar.
- saccharomycete — a single-celled yeast of the family Saccharomycetaceae, having no mycelium.
15 letter words starting with sa
- sadomasochistic — interaction, especially sexual activity, in which one person enjoys inflicting physical or mental suffering on another person, who derives pleasure from experiencing pain.
- sailor's-choice — any of several fishes living in waters along the Atlantic coast of the U.S., especially a pinfish, Lagodon rhomboides, ranging from Massachusetts to Texas, and a grunt, Haemulon parrai, ranging from Florida to Brazil.
- saint-john-lake — Henry, 1st Viscount Bolingbroke, Bolingbroke, 1st Viscount.
- salicylaldehyde — an oily, slightly water-soluble liquid, C 7 H 6 O 2 , having an almondlike odor: used chiefly in perfumery and in the synthesis of coumarin.
- salt-and-pepper — pepper-and-salt.
16 letter words starting with sa
- saccharification — to convert (starch) into sugar.
- saint-barthelemy — (Saint Bartholomew; Saint Barts; Saint Barths) a resort island in the West Indies, in the Leeward Islands, part of the French department of Guadeloupe. 6900; 8 sq. mi. (21 sq. km).
- saint-john-night — Midsummer Eve.
- saint-ulmo-light — St. Elmo's fire.
17 letter words starting with sa
- saint-simonianism — the socialist system advocated by the Comte de Saint-Simon
19 letter words starting with sa
- saccharofarinaceous — pertaining to or consisting of sugar and meal.
- saddharma-pundarika — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
- safety-squeeze-play — Baseball. Also called suicide squeeze, suicide squeeze play. a play executed when there is a runner on third base and usually not more than one out, in which the runner starts for home as soon as the pitcher makes a motion to pitch, and the batter bunts. Also called safety squeeze, safety squeeze play. a similar play in which the runner on third base waits until the batter has successfully bunted before trying to score.
21 letter words starting with sa
- saint-maur-des-fosses — a town in N central France, near Paris, on the Marne River.
On this page, we collect all words starting with SA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2649 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with SA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.