Words starting with po
2 letter words starting with po
3 letter words starting with po
4 letter words starting with po
5 letter words starting with po
- po'ed — very angry.
- poach — to trespass, especially on another's game preserve, in order to steal animals or to hunt.
- poboy — poor boy.
- poche — the walls, columns, and other solids of a building or the like, as indicated on an architectural plan, usually in black.
- pocho — an American of Mexican parentage, especially one who has adopted U.S. customs and attitudes; an Americanized Mexican.
6 letter words starting with po
- poachy — (of land) slushy; swampy.
- pocked — marked with pustules or with pits left by them; pitted.
- pocket — a shaped piece of fabric attached inside or outside a garment and forming a pouch used especially for carrying small articles.
- podded — a somewhat elongated, two-valved seed vessel, as that of the pea or bean.
- poddie — a user of or enthusiast for the iPod, a portable digital music player
7 letter words starting with po
- poached — to trespass, especially on another's game preserve, in order to steal animals or to hunt.
- poacher — a pan having a tight-fitting lid and metal cups for steaming or poaching eggs.
- poaches — to trespass, especially on another's game preserve, in order to steal animals or to hunt.
- poblano — a dark-green, mild or slightly pungent chili pepper, the fruit of a variety of Capsicum annuum used in cooking.
- pochard — an Old World diving duck, Aythya ferina, having a chestnut-red head.
8 letter words starting with po
- po-faced — having an overly serious demeanor or attitude; humorless.
- poaceous — belonging to the Poaceae, an alternate name for the plant family Gramineae.
- poaching — the illegal practice of trespassing on another's property to hunt or steal game without the landowner's permission.
- pochette — kit2 .
- pochismo — an English word or expression borrowed into Spanish; a Spanish word showing U.S. influence.
9 letter words starting with po
- pocatello — a city in SE Idaho.
- pock-mark — Usually, pockmarks. scars or pits left by a pustule in smallpox or the like.
- pocketful — the amount that a pocket will hold.
- pocketing — a shaped piece of fabric attached inside or outside a garment and forming a pouch used especially for carrying small articles.
- podcaster — a digital audio or video file or recording, usually part of a themed series, that can be downloaded from a website to a media player or computer: Download or subscribe to daily, one-hour podcasts of our radio show.
10 letter words starting with po
- pocahontas — (Rebecca Rolfe) 1595?–1617, American Indian woman who is said to have prevented the execution of Captain John Smith.
- pocketable — small enough to be carried in one's pocket; pocket-size.
- pocketbook — a woman's purse or handbag.
- pockmarked — Usually, pockmarks. scars or pits left by a pustule in smallpox or the like.
- poculiform — having the shape of a cup; cup-shaped.
11 letter words starting with po
- pocket-size — small enough to fit conveniently into one's pocket.
- pocket-veto — to veto (a bill) by exercising a pocket veto.
- pocketknife — a knife with one or more blades that fold into the handle, suitable for carrying in the pocket.
- pococurante — a careless or indifferent person.
- podetiiform — shaped like a podetium.
12 letter words starting with po
- poddy-dodger — a cattle thief who steals unbranded calves
- pogonophoran — any member of the small phylum Pogonophora, slender tentacled animals having a tubelike outer covering, living on the deep ocean bottom.
- poikilotherm — an organism with poikilothermic qualities
- point-device — completely; perfectly; exactly.
- point-spread — a betting device, established by oddsmakers and used to attract bettors for uneven competitions, indicating the estimated number of points by which a stronger team can be expected to defeat a weaker team, the point spread being added to the weaker team's actual points in the game and this new figure then compared to the stronger team's points to determine winning bets.
13 letter words starting with po
- pocket-square — a handkerchief, often colored or figured, worn in the breast pocket of a suit or blazer as a fashion accessory.
- pococurantism — a careless or indifferent person.
- podzolization — the process by which the upper layer of a soil becomes acidic through the leaching of bases which are deposited in the lower horizons
- point-of-sale — the store, dealer, or other retail outlet where an item is sold: from manufacturer to point-of-sale.
- point-shaving — (especially in basketball) the illegal practice, by one or more bribed players, of deliberately limiting the number of points scored to conform to the desires of corrupt gamblers.
14 letter words starting with po
- poikiloblastic — (of metamorphic rocks) having small grains of one mineral embedded in metacrysts of another mineral.
- poikilothermal — cold-blooded (def 1 .) (opposed to homoiothermal).
- poikilothermia — Medicine/Medical. the inability to regulate core body temperature (as by sweating to cool off or by putting on clothes to warm up), found especially in some spinal cord injury patients and in patients under general anesthesia.
- poikilothermic — cold-blooded (def 1 .) (opposed to homoiothermal).
- point-to-point — a cross-country horse race between specified points, in which each rider is often free to select his or her own course between the points.
15 letter words starting with po
- poikilothermism — the state or quality of being cold-blooded, as fishes and reptiles.
- point-and-click — of or denoting an interface with which the user typically interacts by using a mouse to move the cursor and then clicking on a screen object.
- point-and-shoot — of or denoting a camera that does not require manual adjustment of shutter speed, focus, aperture, etc.
- polycarboxylate — a salt or ester of a polycarboxylic acid. Polycarboxylate esters are used in certain detergents
- polycrystalline — (of a rock or metal) composed of aggregates of individual crystals.
16 letter words starting with po
17 letter words starting with po
- point-of-purchase — designating or in use at a retail outlet where an item can be purchased; point-of-sale: point-of-purchase displays to entice the buyer.
- polioencephalitis — a disease characterized by inflammation of the gray matter of the brain.
- polyacrylonitrile — a polymer of acrylonitrile used in the manufacture of Orlon and other synthetic textiles.
- polymorphonuclear — (of a leukocyte) having a lobulate nucleus.
18 letter words starting with po
- polychromatophilic — having an affinity for more than one kind of stain, especially for acid, neutral, and basic stains, as polychromatophilic erythroblasts characteristic of pernicious anemia.
19 letter words starting with po
20 letter words starting with po
- polyvinylpyrrolidone — a white, amorphous, water-soluble powder, (C 6 H 9 NO) n , used chiefly as a vehicle in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals.
23 letter words starting with po
- polytetrafluoroethylene — any polymer, plastic, or resin having the formula (C 2 F 4) n , prepared from tetrafluoroethylene, noted for its slippery, nonsticking properties, and used in the manufacture of gaskets, electrical insulation, tubing, candy molds, container linings, frying-pan coatings, etc.
On this page, we collect all words starting with PO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3049 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with PO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.