Words starting with ph
3 letter words starting with ph
4 letter words starting with ph
5 letter words starting with ph
6 letter words starting with ph
- phaedo — a philosophical dialogue (4th century b.c.) by Plato, purporting to describe the death of Socrates, dealing with the immortality of the soul, and setting forth the theory of Ideas.
- phaeic — (of animals) having dusky coloration; less dark than melanic
- phago- — eating, consuming, or destroying
- phalli — an image of the male reproductive organ, especially that carried in procession in ancient festivals of Dionysus, or Bacchus, symbolizing the generative power in nature.
- pharma — a pharmaceutical company.
7 letter words starting with ph
- phablet — a mobile device that combines the features of a smartphone and a tablet computer and is larger than a typical smartphone but not as large as a typical small tablet.
- phacoid — having a form or structure like that of a lens
- phaedra — the wife of Theseus who fell in love with Hippolytus, her stepson, and eventually hanged herself after causing his death.
- phaenna — one of the Graces worshiped at Sparta.
- phaeton — any of various light, four-wheeled carriages, with or without a top, having one or two seats facing forward, used in the 19th century.
8 letter words starting with ph
- phacelia — any of numerous plants belonging to the genus Phacelia, of the waterleaf family, chiefly of the western U.S. and Mexico, having clusters of violet, blue, or white flowers.
- phaeacia — an island nation on the shores of which Odysseus was shipwrecked and discovered by Nausicaä.
- phaedrus — flourished a.d. c40, Roman writer of fables.
- phaestus — Phaistos.
- phaethon — a son of Helios who borrowed the chariot of the sun and drove it so close to earth that Zeus struck him down to save the world.
9 letter words starting with ph
- phacolite — a colorless variety of chabazite.
- phaeacian — an island nation on the shores of which Odysseus was shipwrecked and discovered by Nausicaä.
- phagedena — a severe, destructive, eroding ulcer.
- phagocyte — any cell, as a macrophage, that ingests and destroys foreign particles, bacteria, and cell debris.
- phagosome — a vacuole within a phagocyte that contains bacteria or other ingested particles and that becomes fused with a lysosome.
10 letter words starting with ph
11 letter words starting with ph
- phagocytize — (of a phagocyte) to devour (material).
- phagocytose — phagocytize.
- phagophobia — an abnormal dread or terror of swallowing or eating
- phainopepla — a crested passerine bird, Phainopepla nitens, of the southwestern U.S. and Mexico.
- phalanstery — the buildings occupied by a phalanx. the community itself.
12 letter words starting with ph
- phagocytoses — phagocytize.
- phagocytosis — Physiology. the ingestion of a smaller cell or cell fragment, a microorganism, or foreign particles by means of the local infolding of a cell's membrane and the protrusion of its cytoplasm around the fold until the material has been surrounded and engulfed by closure of the membrane and formation of a vacuole: characteristic of amebas and some types of white blood cells.
- phalaenopsis — any of various epiphytic orchids of the genus Phalaenopsis, native to tropical Asia, having clusters of showy, variously colored flowers.
- phanerogamic — any of the Phanerogamia, a former primary division of plants comprising those having reproductive organs; a flowering plant or seed plant (opposed to cryptogam).
- phanerophyte — a tree or shrub that bears its perennating buds more than 25 cm above the level of the soil
13 letter words starting with ph
14 letter words starting with ph
- phallocentrism — a doctrine or belief centered on the phallus, especially a belief in the superiority of the male sex.
- phantasmagoria — a shifting series of phantasms, illusions, or deceptive appearances, as in a dream or as created by the imagination.
- phantasmagoric — having a fantastic or deceptive appearance, as something in a dream or created by the imagination.
- pharmaceutical — pertaining to pharmacy or pharmacists.
- pharmacologist — the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs.
15 letter words starting with ph
- pharmacological — the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs.
- pharmacotherapy — the treatment of disease through the administration of drugs.
- phase-switching — a technique used in radio interferometry in which the signal from one of the two antennae is periodically reversed in phase before being multiplied by the signal from the other antenna
- phenazopyridine — a substance, C 1 1 H 1 2 ClN 5 , used as a lower urinary tract analgesic.
- phenolphthalein — a white, crystalline compound, C 2 0 H 1 4 O 4 , used as an indicator in acid-base titration and as a laxative.
16 letter words starting with ph
- phalansterianism — a system by which society would be reorganized into units comprising their own social and industrial elements; Fourierism.
- phantasmagorical — having a fantastic or deceptive appearance, as something in a dream or created by the imagination.
- pharmacodynamics — the branch of pharmacology dealing with the course of action, effect, and breakdown of drugs within the body.
- pharmacogenetics — the branch of pharmacology that examines the relation of genetic factors to variations in response to drugs.
- pharmacogenomics — the study of human genetic variability in relation to drug action and its application to medical treatment
17 letter words starting with ph
- pharmacologically — the science dealing with the preparation, uses, and especially the effects of drugs.
- philanthropically — of, pertaining to, engaged in, or characterized by philanthropy; benevolent: a philanthropic foundation.
- photo-composition — any method of composition using photography, as composition by means of a photocomposer.
- photo-respiration — the oxidation of carbohydrates in many higher plants in which they get oxygen from light and then release carbon dioxide, somewhat different from photosynthesis.
- photoconductivity — the increase in the electrical conductivity of a substance, often nonmetallic, caused by the absorption of electromagnetic radiation.
18 letter words starting with ph
- phanerocrystalline — (of a rock) having the principal constituents in the form of crystals visible to the naked eye.
- phantasmagorically — having a fantastic or deceptive appearance, as something in a dream or created by the imagination.
- phenylacetaldehyde — a colorless, oily, water-insoluble liquid, C 3 H 1 4 O, having a hyacinthlike odor: used chiefly in perfumery.
- phosphatidylserine — any of a class of phospholipids occurring in biological membranes and fats
- photodecomposition — the breaking down of molecules by radiant energy.
19 letter words starting with ph
- phacoemulsification — the removal of a cataract by first liquefying the affected lens with ultrasonic vibrations and then extracting it by suction.
- phakoemulsification — the removal of a cataract by first liquefying the affected lens with ultrasonic vibrations and then extracting it by suction.
- phenanthrenequinone — a yellowish-orange, crystalline, water-insoluble solid, C 1 4 H 8 O 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and the manufacture of dyes.
- phenylpropanolamine — a substance, C 9 H 1 3 NO, related to ephedrine and amphetamine, available in various popular nonprescription diet aids as an appetite suppressant.
- phenylthiocarbamide — a crystalline, slightly water-soluble solid, C 6 H 5 NHCSNH 2 , that is either tasteless or bitter, depending upon the heredity of the taster, and is used in medical genetics and as a diagnostic.
20 letter words starting with ph
- phenyldiethanolamine — a white, crystalline, slightly water-soluble substance, C 1 0 H 1 5 NO 2 , used in the manufacture of dyes and in organic synthesis.
- phillips-screwdriver — a screw head having two partial slots crossed at right angles, driven by a special screwdriver (Phillips screwdriver)
- philoprogenitiveness — producing offspring, especially abundantly; prolific.
- photophosphorylation — phosphorylation that utilizes light as a source of energy, as in the formation of ATP from ADP and phosphorus during photosynthesis.
- phenylmethylcarbinyl acetate — methylphenylcarbinyl acetate.
21 letter words starting with ph
- phenylethylbarbituric acid — phenobarbital.
22 letter words starting with ph
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
26 letter words starting with ph
- philosophical-anthropology — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
On this page, we collect all words starting with PH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1365 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with PH. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.