Words starting with pa
2 letter words starting with pa
3 letter words starting with pa
- pac — Also, pack. a soft, flexible, heelless shoe worn as a liner inside a boot or overshoe.
- pad — Packet Assembler/Disassembler
- pah — expressing contempt or dismissal
- pak — pack; package.
- pal — a special air service offered by the U.S. Postal Service for sending parcels from 5 to 30 pounds (2.3 to 13.5 kg) to overseas servicemen: only the regular parcel post rate to the U.S. port of shipment plus $1 is charged. Compare SAM (def 2).
4 letter words starting with pa
- pa's — father.
- paal — a stake driven into the ground
- paba — para-aminobenzoic acid.
- pabx — (communications) (PABX) A telephone exchange operated within an organisation, used for switching calls between internal lines and between internal and PSTN lines. In contrast to a PMBX, a PABX can route calls without manual intervention, based entirely on the number dialed. Not all PABXs can route external calls to internal numbers automatically however.
- paca — a large, white-spotted, almost tailless rodent, Agouti paca, of Central and South America, having features resembling a guinea pig and rabbit: valued as food.
5 letter words starting with pa
- pablo — a male given name, Spanish form of Paul.
- pabst — G(eorge) W(ilhelm). 1885–1967, German film director, whose films include Joyless Street (1925), Pandora's Box (1929), and The Last Act (1954)
- paced — having a specified or indicated pace (usually used in combination): fast-paced.
- pacer — a person or thing that paces.
- pacey — fast, full of action
6 letter words starting with pa
- pablum — (lowercase) trite, naive, or simplistic ideas or writings; intellectual pap.
- paccha — an Incan wooden container for holding liquids.
- pacify — to bring or restore to a state of peace or tranquillity; quiet; calm: to pacify an angry man.
- pacing — a rate of movement, especially in stepping, walking, etc.: to walk at a brisk pace of five miles an hour.
- pacino — Al, full name Alfredo James Pacino. born 1940, US film actor; his films include The Godfather (1972), Dog Day Afternoon (1975), Scent of a Woman (1992), for which he won an Oscar, and Insomnia (2002)
7 letter words starting with pa
- pa'anga — a paper money, cupronickel coin, and monetary unit of Tonga equal to 100 seniti.
- pabulum — something that nourishes an animal or vegetable organism; food; nutriment.
- pacceka — Pratyeka.
- paceway — a racecourse for trotting and pacing
- pachisi — a board game, originated in ancient India, in which four players advance four pieces each along a route on a cross-shaped board toward a center square by throws of cowrie shells or dice.
8 letter words starting with pa
- pachalic — pashalik.
- pachinko — a Japanese pinball game played on a vertical machine in which slots struck by the player's ball release other balls that in turn are exchanged for noncash prizes.
- pachmann — Vladimir de [vlad-uh-meer duh;; Russian vluh-dyee-myir de] /ˈvlæd əˌmɪər də;; Russian vlʌˈdyi myɪr dɛ/ (Show IPA), 1848–1933, Russian pianist.
- pachouli — a plant, Pogostemon cablin, of tropical Asia, that yields a fragrant oil (patchouli oil) used in the manufacture of perfumes.
- pacifica — a city in W California, S of San Francisco.
9 letter words starting with pa
- paasikivi — Juho Kusti [yoo -haw koo s-ti] /ˈyʊ hɔ ˈkʊs tɪ/ (Show IPA), 1870–1956, Finnish statesman: president 1946–56.
- pacemaker — pacesetter.
- pachelbel — Johann [yoh-hahn] /ˈyoʊ hɑn/ (Show IPA), 1653–1706, German organist and composer.
- pachomius — Saint, a.d. 292?–348? Egyptian ascetic: founder of the cenobitical form of monasticism.
- pachyderm — any of the thick-skinned, nonruminant ungulates, as the elephant, hippopotamus, and rhinoceros.
10 letter words starting with pa
- pacesetter — a person, group, or organization that is the most progressive or successful and serves as a model to be imitated.
- pacificate — to pacify.
- pacificism — opposition to war or violence of any kind.
- pacifistic — of or relating to pacifism or pacifists.
- pack-horse — a horse used for carrying goods, freight, supplies, etc.
11 letter words starting with pa
- pacesetting — a person, group, or organization that is the most progressive or successful and serves as a model to be imitated.
- pachydermic — any of the thick-skinned, nonruminant ungulates, as the elephant, hippopotamus, and rhinoceros.
- pachysandra — any plant of the genus Pachysandra, as the Allegheny spurge or Japanese spurge, the leaves of which grow in a rounded clump, widely used as a ground cover in the U.S.
- pacifically — peaceably, mildly, calmly, or quietly.
- pacificator — to pacify.
12 letter words starting with pa
- pachydermous — any of the thick-skinned, nonruminant ungulates, as the elephant, hippopotamus, and rhinoceros.
- pacification — to pacify.
- paddle-wheel — a wheel for propelling a ship, having a number of paddles entering the water more or less perpendicularly.
- paedogenesis — sexual reproduction in an animal that retains its larval features
- paedophiliac — an adult who is sexually attracted to young children.
13 letter words starting with pa
- paediatrician — A paediatrician is a doctor who specializes in treating sick children.
- paedomorphism — the continuation of juvenile characteristics in the adult stage
- painstakingly — taking or characterized by taking pains or trouble; expending or showing diligent care and effort; careful: a painstaking craftsman; painstaking research.
- palaeocurrent — an ancient current, esp of water, evidence of which has been preserved in sedimentary rocks as fossilized ripple marks, etc
- palaeoecology — the study of fossil animals and plants in order to deduce their ecology and the environmental conditions in which they lived
14 letter words starting with pa
- pachydermatous — of, relating to, or characteristic of pachyderms.
- paddock-basher — a vehicle suited to driving on rough terrain
- paedomorphosis — the resemblance of adult animals to the young of their ancestors: seen in the evolution of modern man, who shows resemblances to the young stages of australopithecines
- palaeanthropic — relating to or denoting the earliest variety of man
- palaeethnology — the study of prehistoric man
15 letter words starting with pa
- pachymeningitis — inflammation of the dura mater of the brain and spinal cord
- palaeogeography — the study of geographical features of the geological past
- palaeomagnetism — the study of the fossil magnetism in rocks, used to determine the past configurations of the continents and to investigate the past shape and magnitude of the earth's magnetic field
- palaeontography — the branch of palaeontology concerned with the description of fossils
- palaeopathology — the study of diseases of ancient man and fossil animals
16 letter words starting with pa
- packet-switching — a method of efficient data transmission whereby the initial message is broken into relatively small units, or packets, that are routed independently and subsequently reassembled.
- paint-by-numbers — formulaic; showing no original thought or creativity
- paleoclimatology — the branch of paleogeography dealing with the study of paleoclimates.
17 letter words starting with pa
- palaeoclimatology — the study of climates of the geological past
- palaeoethnobotany — the study of fossil seeds and grains to further archaeological knowledge, esp of the domestication of cereals
- paleoanthropology — the study of the origins and predecessors of the present human species, using fossils and other remains.
- paleobiochemistry — the study of biochemical processes that occurred in fossil life forms.
- paleobiogeography — the study of the distribution of ancient plants and animals and their relation to ancient geographic features.
18 letter words starting with pa
19 letter words starting with pa
- paleoanthropologist — the study of the origins and predecessors of the present human species, using fossils and other remains.
On this page, we collect all words starting with PA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3782 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with PA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.