Words starting with ori
5 letter words starting with ori
- oribi — a small tan-colored antelope, Ourebia ourebi , of south and east Africa, with spikelike horns.
- oriel — a bay window, especially one cantilevered or corbeled out from a wall.
- orig. — origin
- orion — a Boeotian giant famed as a great hunter, who figures in several tales
- oriya — an Indic language spoken in Odisha, in eastern India.
6 letter words starting with ori
- oribis — Plural form of oribi.
- oriels — Plural form of oriel.
- orient — the Orient, the countries of Asia, especially East Asia. (formerly) the countries to the E of the Mediterranean.
- origan — an aromatic herb, especially oregano.
- origen — (Origenes Admantius) a.d. 185?–254? Alexandrian writer, Christian theologian, and teacher.
7 letter words starting with ori
- oriency — the state of having an iridescent lustre
- oriente — a region in Ecuador, E of the Andes: the border long disputed by Peru.
- orients — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of orient.
- orifice — an opening or aperture, as of a tube or pipe; a mouthlike opening or hole; mouth; vent.
- origami — the traditional Japanese art or technique of folding paper into a variety of decorative or representational forms, as of animals or flowers.
8 letter words starting with ori
- oribatid — a mite of the family Oribatoidea
- orichalc — a yellow alloy derived from gold or copper
- orielled — having an oriel window
- oriental — (usually initial capital letter) of, relating to, or characteristic of the Orient, or East; Eastern.
- oriented — the Orient, the countries of Asia, especially East Asia. (formerly) the countries to the E of the Mediterranean.
9 letter words starting with ori
- orichalch — Alternative form of orichalcum.
- orientals — Plural form of oriental.
- orientate — (UK, intransitive) To face (a given direction).
- orienteer — (sports) Someone who takes part in the sport of orienteering.
- orienting — the Orient, the countries of Asia, especially East Asia. (formerly) the countries to the E of the Mediterranean.
10 letter words starting with ori
- orichalcum — a brass rich in zinc, prepared by the ancients.
- orientalia — Things from the “orient”, especially decorative objects from eastern Asia.
- orientally — In an oriental manner.
- orientated — Having a specific orientation.
- orientates — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of orientate.
11 letter words starting with ori
- orientalism — a peculiarity or idiosyncrasy of the peoples of Asia, especially the East.
- orientalist — A person (especially a scholar) interested in the orient.
- orientality — the state of being oriental
- orientalize — Alternative capitalization of Orientalize.
- orientating — Present participle of orientate.
12 letter words starting with ori
- orichalceous — relating to or resembling orichalc
- orientations — Plural form of orientation.
- orienteering — a competitive sport, originating in Sweden, that tests the skills of map reading and cross-country running, in which competitors race through an unknown area to find various checkpoints by using only a compass and topographical map, the winner being the finisher with the lowest elapsed time.
- originations — Plural form of origination.
13 letter words starting with ori
15 letter words starting with ori
- orientationally — With regard to orientation.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ORI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 113 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ORI. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.