Words starting with open
4 letter words starting with open
- open — not closed or barred at the time, as a doorway by a door, a window by a sash, or a gateway by a gate: to leave the windows open at night.
- open a bottle — If you open a bottle, you remove the cork or cap.
- open account — current account (def 1).
- open admissions — a policy of admitting applicants to an institution, especially a university, regardless of previous academic record or grades.
- open adoption — an arrangement in which contact is maintained or allowed between a child's adoptive and biological parents.
5 letter words starting with open
- opens — Plural form of open.
6 letter words starting with open
- opened — not closed or barred at the time, as a doorway by a door, a window by a sash, or a gateway by a gate: to leave the windows open at night.
- opener — a person or thing that opens.
- opengl — Open Graphics Library
- openly — not closed or barred at the time, as a doorway by a door, a window by a sash, or a gateway by a gate: to leave the windows open at night.
7 letter words starting with open
- openbsd — (operating system) A version of BSD Unix with an emphasis on security. A lot of security work that is ported to other free operating systems originates with OpenBSD and a lot of code review is done here. Sub-projects of OpenBSD include implementations of SSH, ntpd, and CVS, to be called OpenCVS.
- opendoc — (operating system) A compound document architecture from CIL based on CORBA. It aims to enable embedding of features from different application programs into a single working document.
- openers — a person or thing that opens.
- openest — (archaic) Second-person singular present simple form of 'open'.
- openeth — (archaic) Third-person singular simple present indicative form of open.
8 letter words starting with open
- open-air — existing in, taking place in, or characteristic of the open air; outdoor: The orchestra gave three open-air concerts last summer.
- open-cut — noting or pertaining to a type of surface mining in which coal and other flat-lying mineral deposits are removed by the excavation of long, narrow trenches.
- open-end — of, relating to, or like an open-end investment company.
- open-jaw — relating to a ticket that allows a traveller to arrive in one place and depart from another
- open-pit — noting or pertaining to a type of surface mining in which massive, usually metallic mineral deposits are removed by cutting benches in the walls of a broad, deep funnel-shaped excavation.
9 letter words starting with open
- open-book — someone or something easily understood or interpreted; something very clear: The child's face is an open book.
- open-cast — open-cut.
- open-door — If a country or organization has an open-door policy towards people or goods, it allows them to come there freely, without any restrictions.
- open-eyed — having the eyes open.
- open-line — (of a radio or TV show) maintaining open telephone lines to permit listeners or viewers to phone a program with comments, questions, requests, etc.; call-in.
10 letter words starting with open
- open-carry — the practice of publicly carrying a gun or other weapon that is fully or partially visible.
- open-ended — not having fixed limits; unrestricted; broad: an open-ended discussion.
- open-faced — having a frank or ingenuous face.
- open-field — any area of the playing field away from the heavily trafficked line of scrimmage, in which the defense is widely scattered.
- open-shelf — open-stack.
11 letter words starting with open
- open-handed — generous; liberal: openhanded hospitality.
- open-hearth — noting, pertaining to, or produced by the open-hearth process.
- open-minded — having or showing a mind receptive to new ideas or arguments.
- open-necked — If you are wearing an open-necked shirt or blouse, you are wearing a shirt or blouse which has no buttons at the top or on which the top button is not done up.
- open-source — Computers. pertaining to or denoting software whose source code is available free of charge to the public to use, copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute.
12 letter words starting with open
- open-concept — (in a house or office) having few or no internal walls or partitions
- open-hearted — unreserved, candid, or frank: open-hearted advice.
- open-mouthed — having the mouth open.
- opendocument — (file format, standard) (ODF, ISO/IEC 26300, OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications) An XML file format for office documents, such as spreadsheets, charts, presentations, databases and word processing. OpenDocument was developed by the Open Office XML technical committee of the Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) consortium. It is based on the XML format originally created and implemented by the OpenOffice.org office suite. OpenDocument is an open standard, i.e. freely available and implementable. Compare OOXML.
- open-channel flow — Open-channel flow is a liquid flow in a channel, which has a free liquid surface.
13 letter words starting with open
- open-and-shut — immediately obvious upon consideration; easily decided: an open-and-shut case of murder.
- open-standard — (of computer programs, codes, etc) freely available to all users
- open-timbered — constructed so that the timbers are exposed.
- openendedness — not having fixed limits; unrestricted; broad: an open-ended discussion.
- openheartedly — Alt form open-heartedly.
14 letter words starting with open
- openhandedness — The characteristic of being openhanded.
- openmindedness — Alternative form of open-mindedness.
- openoffice.org — (project) (OOo) The group that produces a free (GPL) cross-platform office suite that provides much of the same functionality as Microsoft Office including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and graphics. Each program can read and write both its own and Microsoft formats.
15 letter words starting with open
16 letter words starting with open
- open-pollination — the pollination of open flowers by insects, the wind, etc. without human action
On this page, we collect all words starting with OPEN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 227 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with OPEN. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.