Words starting with on
2 letter words starting with on
- on — so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- on (or off) camera — so positioned as to be within (or out of) the camera's field of view
- on (or off) course — moving (or not moving) in the intended direction
- on (or off) duty — at (or temporarily relieved from) one's work, duty, etc.
- on (or off) the air — that is (or is not) broadcasting or being broadcast
3 letter words starting with on
- ona — a member of a people of Tierra del Fuego.
- onc — Open Network Computing
- ond — Ordinary National Diploma
- one — being or amounting to a single unit or individual or entire thing, item, or object rather than two or more; a single: one woman; one nation; one piece of cake.
- oni — (military, US) w Office of Naval Intelligence.
4 letter words starting with on
- once — at one time in the past; formerly: I was a farmer once; a once powerful nation.
- onde — (obsolete) Envy; hatred; malice.
- ondo — a state of SW Nigeria, on the Bight of Benin. Capital: Akure. Pop: 3 441 024 (2004). Area: 15 500 sq km (5985 sq miles)
- oner — being or amounting to a single unit or individual or entire thing, item, or object rather than two or more; a single: one woman; one nation; one piece of cake.
- ones — being or amounting to a single unit or individual or entire thing, item, or object rather than two or more; a single: one woman; one nation; one piece of cake.
5 letter words starting with on
6 letter words starting with on
- on-air — broadcasting: an announcer with five years of on-air experience.
- on-off — so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
- onager — a wild ass, Equus hemionus, of southwestern Asia.
- onagri — a wild ass, Equus hemionus, of southwestern Asia.
- onbeat — the first and third beats in a bar of four-four time
7 letter words starting with on
8 letter words starting with on
- on-board — provided, occurring, etc., on a vehicle: among the ship's many onboard services.
- on-glide — a transitional sound produced by the vocal organs in moving from an inactive position or a previous sound to the articulatory position necessary for producing a following sound. Compare off-glide (def 1).
- on-shelf — On-shelf goods are available now and displayed for sale.
- on-trend — in style; in fashion: on-trend beauty products.
- onanists — withdrawal of the penis in sexual intercourse so that ejaculation takes place outside the vagina; coitus interruptus.
9 letter words starting with on
- on-campus — on the area of land that contains the main buildings of a university or college
- on-limits — open or not prohibited to certain persons, as military personnel: an on-limits area.
- on-record — intended for publication, especially as news: an on-record comment.
- on-screen — occurring within a motion picture or television show or in an actor's professional life: a raucous on-screen personality that was at odds with his quiet private life.
- on-season — being a time of year that is the busiest or most popular for a specific activity; in season: on-season airfares.
10 letter words starting with on
- on-message — focused on the central theme or official message of a political, business, or other organization: The candidate's promises are on-message and echo the party platform. Your company’s ads should be entertaining and on-message.
- on-the-job — done, received, or happening while in actual performance of one's work: on-the-job training.
- onboarding — (business) The process of bringing a new employee on board, incorporating training and orientation.
- oncologist — (oncology) A doctor or scientist who specializes in oncology.
- one-bagger — single (def 24).
11 letter words starting with on
- on-the-spot — done or occurring at the time or place in question: an on-the-spot recording.
- onagraceous — belonging to the Onagraceae, the evening primrose family of plants.
- oncogenesis — the generation of tumors.
- oncogenetic — the generation of tumors.
- oncological — (oncology) Of or pertaining to oncology.
12 letter words starting with on
- on-the-scene — being at the very place of occurrence: an on-the-scene newscast.
- oncogenicity — the capability of inducing tumor formation.
- oncornavirus — any of various RNA viruses that cause tumors in humans and other animals.
- oneirocritic — an interpreter of dreams.
- onesidedness — The property of being onesided.
13 letter words starting with on
- on-the-record — on-record.
- onanistically — In an onanistic manner.
- one-of-a-kind — unique
- one-upmanship — the art or practice of achieving, demonstrating, or assuming superiority in one's rivalry with a friend or opponent by obtaining privilege, status, status symbols, etc.: the one-upmanship of getting into the president's car pool.
- oneiroscopist — a person who specialises in studying and interpreting dreams
14 letter words starting with on
- onchocerciasis — an infestation with filarial worms of the genus Onchocerca, common in tropical America and Africa, transmitted by black flies, and characterized by nodules under the skin, an itchy rash, eye lesions, and in severe cases, elephantiasis.
- oncogeneticist — a medical specialist in oncogenesis
- oncornaviruses — Plural form of oncornavirus.
- one-upsmanship — the art or practice of achieving, demonstrating, or assuming superiority in one's rivalry with a friend or opponent by obtaining privilege, status, status symbols, etc.: the one-upmanship of getting into the president's car pool.
- oneirocritical — an interpreter of dreams.
15 letter words starting with on
- one-dimensional — having one dimension only.
- oneirocriticism — the art of interpreting dreams.
- onomasiological — the study of the means of expressing a given concept.
- onychocryptosis — a form of nail disease in which nails are ingrown
- one-dimensional array — (types) An array with only one dimension; the simplest kind of array, consisting of a sequence of items ("elements"), all of the same type. An element is selected by an integer index that normally starts at zero for the first element and increases by one. The index of the last element is thus the length of the array minus one. A one-dimensional array is also known as a vector. It should not be confused with a list. In some languages, e.g. Perl, all arrays are one-dimensional and higher dimensions are represented as arrays of pointers to arrays (which can have different sizes and can themselves contain pointers to arrays and so on). A one-dimensional array maps simply to memory: the address of an element with index i is A(i) = A0 + i * s where A0 is the base address of the array and s is the size of storage used for each element, the "stride". Elements may be padded to certain address boundaries, e.g. machine words, to increase access speed, in which case the stride will be larger than the amount of data in an element.
16 letter words starting with on
- onomatopoeically — the formation of a word, as cuckoo, meow, honk, or boom, by imitation of a sound made by or associated with its referent.
17 letter words starting with on
- once-over-lightly — a hasty or superficial treatment, look, examination, etc.; once-over: The maid gave the room the once-over-lightly.
- one-size-fits-all — (of clothing) designed to fit people of a wide range of sizes.
- onomatopoetically — the formation of a word, as cuckoo, meow, honk, or boom, by imitation of a sound made by or associated with its referent.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ON. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 939 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ON. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.