Words starting with old
3 letter words starting with old
- old — far advanced in the years of one's or its life: an old man; an old horse; an old tree.
- old adam — (in Christian theology) human nature lacking in grace; humans in their unredeemed state.
- old age — the last period of human life, now often considered to be the years after 65.
- old age pension — An old age pension is a regular amount of money that people receive from the government when they have retired from work.
- old age pensioner — An old age pensioner is a person who is old enough to receive an pension from their employer or the government.
4 letter words starting with old
- olde — (archaic) old.
- olds — (used with a plural verb) old persons collectively (usually preceded by the): appropriations to care for the old.
- oldy — oldie.
- olde worlde — Olde worlde is used to describe places and things that are or seem to be from an earlier period of history, and that look interesting or attractive.
5 letter words starting with old
- oldas — On-line Digital Analog Simulator. An interactive version of MIMIC, for IBM 360.
- olden — of or relating to the distant past or bygone times; ancient.
- older — far advanced in the years of one's or its life: an old man; an old horse; an old tree.
- oldie — a popular song, joke, movie, etc., that was in vogue at a time in the past.
6 letter words starting with old
- oldest — far advanced in the years of one's or its life: an old man; an old horse; an old tree.
- oldham — a city in Greater Manchester, in NW England.
- oldies — a popular song, joke, movie, etc., that was in vogue at a time in the past.
- oldish — somewhat old: an oldish man.
- oldman — (nonstandard) An old man.
7 letter words starting with old
- oldness — far advanced in the years of one's or its life: an old man; an old horse; an old tree.
- oldowan — of or designating a Lower and Middle Pleistocene industrial complex of eastern Africa, characterized by assemblages of stone tools about two million years old that are the oldest well-documented artifacts yet known.
- oldster — an old or elderly person.
- oldtown — The historic district of a city or town.
- oldwife — any of various fishes, as the alewife, the menhaden, or a West Indian fish of the family Balistidae.
8 letter words starting with old
- old-line — following or supporting conservative or traditional ideas, beliefs, customs, etc.
- old-shoe — a person or thing that is comfortably familiar and unpretentious: Uncle Will is a lovable old shoe.
- old-time — belonging to or characteristic of old or former times, methods, ideas, etc.: old-time sailing ships; an old-time piano player.
- oldening — Present participle of olden.
- oldfield — Berna Eli [bur-nuh] /ˈbɜr nə/ (Show IPA), ("Barney") 1878–1946, U.S. racing-car driver.
9 letter words starting with old
- old-style — You use old-style to describe something or someone of a type that was common or popular in the past but is not common or popular now.
- old-timer — a person whose residence, membership, or experience began long ago and has been continuing for a considerable length of time; veteran.
- old-timey — belonging to or characteristic of former times, usually eliciting a sentimental yearning for the past; old-time: an inn with charming, old-timey details.
- old-world — of or relating to the ancient world or to a former period of history.
- oldcastle — Sir John (Lord Cobham) 1377–1417, English martyr: leader of a Lollard conspiracy; executed for treason and heresy; model for Shakespeare's Falstaff.
10 letter words starting with old
- old-boyism — support of or participation in an old-boy network.
- old-growth — designating or of a forest characterized by very large, very old trees and great biodiversity
- old-school — advocates or supporters of established custom or of conservatism: a military man of the old school.
- old-siwash — a conventional designation for any small, provincial college or for such colleges collectively (often preceded by old): students from old Siwash.
- oldfangled — old-fashioned; of an older or former kind.
11 letter words starting with old
12 letter words starting with old
13 letter words starting with old
- old-fashioned — of a style or kind that is no longer in vogue: an old-fashioned bathing suit.
15 letter words starting with old
- old-established — established for a long time
- old-man's-beard — fringe tree.
- old-man-the-sea — (in The Arabian Nights' Entertainments) an old man who clung to the shoulders of Sindbad the Sailor for many days and nights.
- oldenbarneveldt — Johan van. 1547–1619, Dutch statesman, regarded as a founder of Dutch independence; the leading figure (from 1586) in the United Provinces of the Netherlands: executed by Maurice of Nassau
17 letter words starting with old
- old-man-and-woman — houseleek (def 1).
On this page, we collect all words starting with OLD. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 207 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with OLD. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.