Words starting with no
2 letter words starting with no
- no — classic drama of Japan, developed chiefly in the 14th century, employing verse, prose, choral song, and dance in highly conventionalized formal and thematic patterns derived from religious sources and folk myths.
- no ball — an unfairly bowled ball.
- no biggie — not important; no big deal
- no can do — (a negative used to express dissent, denial, or refusal, as in response to a question or request)
- no contest — nolo contendere.
3 letter words starting with no
4 letter words starting with no
- noaa — National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (a U.S. agency incorporating the National Weather Service)
- noah — the patriarch who built a ship (Noah's Ark) in which he, his family, and animals of every species survived the Flood. Gen. 5–9.
- nobs — a person of wealth or social importance.
- nock — a metal or plastic piece at the end of an arrow, having a notch for the bowstring.
- node — a knot, protuberance, or knob.
5 letter words starting with no
- no-go — inoperative; canceled: The Tuesday space launch is no-go.
- no-no — anything that is forbidden or not advisable, as because of being improper or unsafe: If you want to lose weight, rich desserts are a no-no.
- nobby — fashionable or elegant; stylish; chic.
- nobel — Alfred Bernhard [ahl-fred ber-nahrd] /ˈɑl frɛd ˈbɛr nɑrd/ (Show IPA), 1833–96, Swedish engineer, manufacturer, and philanthropist.
- noble — distinguished by rank or title.
6 letter words starting with no
- no-cal — not containing any calories: a no-cal sweetener.
- no-hit — of, relating to, or noting a game in which a pitcher allows no base hits to the opposing team: a no-hit pitcher; a no-hit game.
- no-nos — anything that is forbidden or not advisable, as because of being improper or unsafe: If you want to lose weight, rich desserts are a no-no.
- no-par — without par or face value: no-par stock.
- no-way — manner, mode, or fashion: a new way of looking at a matter; to reply in a polite way.
7 letter words starting with no
- no-ball — an unfairly bowled ball.
- no-bill — to fail to indict (a person): The grand jury no-billed the two officers in the slaying.
- no-code — Medicine/Medical. a directive not to alert a hospital team to perform emergency resuscitation on a particular patient. Compare code (def 9).
- no-good — lacking worth or merit; useless; bad: This no-good faucet never did work properly. Her no-good brother sold me the car.
- no-host — requiring patrons and guests to pay a fee for attendance or to pay for any food and drink they consume: a no-host cocktail party; a no-host dinner-dance.
8 letter words starting with no
- no-fault — Also called no-fault insurance. a form of automobile insurance designed to enable the policyholder in case of an accident to collect a certain basic compensation promptly for economic loss from his or her own insurance company without determination of liability.
- no-hoper — a useless person from whom nothing can be expected.
- no-knock — antiknock.
- no-mates — designating a person with no friends
- no-stick — nonstick: a no-stick skillet.
9 letter words starting with no
- no-frills — providing or including basic services and necessities without any additional features or amenities: Food and beverages are not covered by the low no-frills air fare.
- no-growth — failing to or unlikely to grow; showing a lack of progress or development: a no-growth industry.
- no-hitter — a no-hit game.
- no-return — nonreturnable (def 2).
- no-see-um — punkie.
10 letter words starting with no
- no-account — worthless; good-for-nothing; trifling.
- no-goodnik — a no-good person.
- no-smoking — nonsmoking.
- no-strings — done without conditions or limitations: a no-strings proposal.
- no-tillage — the planting of crops by direct seeding without plowing, using herbicides as necessary to control weeds.
11 letter words starting with no
- no-nonsense — not tolerating anything frivolous or trifling; firm and businesslike: a no-nonsense approach to money matters; a no-nonsense teacher with well-behaved classes.
- noblesville — a town in central Indiana.
- nociceptive — Of, relating to, or denoting pain arising from the stimulation of nerve cells (often as distinct from that arising from damage or disease in the nerves themselves).
- noctilucent — (of high-altitude clouds) visible during the short night of the summer.
- noctiphobia — Fear of night; nyctophobia.
12 letter words starting with no
13 letter words starting with no
- noiselessness — accompanied by or making little or no noise; silent; quiet: a noiseless step; a noiseless typewriter.
- nomenclatural — a set or system of names or terms, as those used in a particular science or art, by an individual or community, etc.
- non-abolition — the act of abolishing: the abolition of war.
- non-absorbent — capable of absorbing heat, light, moisture, etc.; tending to absorb.
- non-accession — the act of coming into the possession of a right, title, office, etc.: accession to the throne.
14 letter words starting with no
- nominalization — to convert (another part of speech) into a noun, as in changing the adjective lowly into the lowly or the verb legalize into legalization.
- non-absolutist — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- non-acceptance — the act of taking or receiving something offered.
- non-accessible — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- non-accidental — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
15 letter words starting with no
- no--man-s--land — an area between opposing armies, over which no control has been established.
- noli-me-tangere — a person or thing that must not be touched or interfered with.
- non-accountable — subject to the obligation to report, explain, or justify something; responsible; answerable.
- non-acquisitive — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- non-adjudicated — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
16 letter words starting with no
- non-accumulative — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- non-alphabetical — in the order of the letters of the alphabet: alphabetical arrangement.
- non-apprehension — anticipation of adversity or misfortune; suspicion or fear of future trouble or evil.
- non-aristocratic — of or relating to government by an aristocracy.
- non-assimilation — the act or process of assimilating, or of absorbing information, experiences, etc.: the need for quick assimilation of the facts.
17 letter words starting with no
- non-accommodation — the act of accommodating; state or process of being accommodated; adaptation.
- non-argumentative — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- non-assignability — capable of being specified: The word has no assignable meaning in our language.
- non-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- non-authoritative — having due authority; having the sanction or weight of authority: an authoritative opinion.
18 letter words starting with no
- nominative-address — a noun naming the person to whom one is speaking.
- non-accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- non-characteristic — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
- non-circumstantial — of pertaining to, or derived from circumstances: a circumstantial result.
- non-contextualized — to put (a linguistic element, an action, etc.) in a context, especially one that is characteristic or appropriate, as for purposes of study.
19 letter words starting with no
- non-confidentiality — spoken, written, acted on, etc., in strict privacy or secrecy; secret: a confidential remark.
- non-confrontational — tending toward or ready for confrontation: They came to the meeting with a confrontational attitude.
- non-contemporaneous — living or occurring during the same period of time; contemporary.
- non-distinguishable — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- non-interventionism — abstention by a nation from interference in the affairs of other nations or in those of its own political subdivisions.
21 letter words starting with no
- non-insulin-dependent diabetes — diabetes (def 4).
On this page, we collect all words starting with NO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4337 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with NO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.