Words starting with na
3 letter words starting with na
4 letter words starting with na
5 letter words starting with na
- naacp — National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- naafi — Navy, Army, and Air Force Institutes: an organization that provides social facilities, stores, etc., to British military personnel.
- nabal — a wealthy Calebite, husband of Abigail, who refused rightful tribute to King David for protecting Nabal's flocks. I Sam. 25.
- nabes — a neighborhood movie theater.
- nabis — a prophet.
6 letter words starting with na
- nabbed — to arrest or capture.
- nabber — to arrest or capture.
- nablus — a town of ancient Palestine, near the city of Samaria; occupied by Israel 1967–96; since 1996 under Palestinian self-rule: first capital of the northern kingdom of Israel.
- nabobs — Plural form of nabob.
- naboth — the owner of a vineyard coveted by Ahab, slain by the scheming of Jezebel so that Ahab could secure the vineyard. I Kings 21.
7 letter words starting with na
- na-dene — a group of North American Indian languages, comprising the Athabaskan family, Eyak, Tlingit, and Haida, hypothetically considered to be descendants of a single protolanguage: the genetic relationship of either Tlingit or Haida to Athabaskan and Eyak is now disputed.
- nabbing — to arrest or capture.
- nabokov — Vladimir Vladimirovich [vlad-uh-meer vlad-uh-meer-uh-vich;; Russian vluh-dyee-myir vluh-dyee-myi-ruh-vyich] /ˈvlæd əˌmɪər ˌvlæd əˈmɪər ə vɪtʃ;; Russian vlʌˈdyi myɪr vlʌˈdyi myɪ rə vyɪtʃ/ (Show IPA), 1899–1977, U.S. novelist, short-story writer, and poet, born in Russia.
- nacarat — A shade of pale red-orange.
- nacelle — the enclosed part of an airplane, dirigible, etc., in which the engine is housed or in which cargo or passengers are carried.
8 letter words starting with na
- naartjie — (South Africa) Citrus reticulata, (mandarin, satsuma, tangerine); a soft, loose-skinned tangerine.
- nabataea — an ancient Arab kingdom of SW Asia, in the area of present-day Jordan, that became a Roman province in a.d. 106. Capital: Petra.
- nabobism — any very wealthy, influential, or powerful person.
- nacelles — Plural form of nacelle.
- nacreous — of or relating to nacre.
9 letter words starting with na
- nabataean — a subject of the ancient kingdom of Nabataea.
- nabonidus — died 539? b.c, last king of Babylonia 556–539 (father of Belshazzar).
- nabothian — Alternative form of Nabothian.
- nafcillin — A beta-lactam antibiotic of the penicillin class.
- nagarjuna — c. 150–c. 250 ad, Indian Buddhist monk, founder of the Madhyamika (Middle Path) school of Mahayana Buddhism: noted for his philosophical writings
10 letter words starting with na
- nabokovian — of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or resembling the literary style of Vladimir Nabokov: a sly, Nabokovian sense of the absurd.
- nabonassar — died 733? b.c, king of Babylon 747?–733?.
- nail-biter — a person who bites his or her nails, especially habitually.
- nairnshire — a historic county in N Scotland.
- naked-lady — any of several bulbous plants of the genus Hippeastrum, especially H. puniceum, which has large red or pink flowers and is popular as a houseplant. Compare amaryllis family.
11 letter words starting with na
- nacogdoches — a city in N Texas.
- nail-biting — the act or practice of biting one's fingernails, especially as the result of anxiety or nervousness.
- nailbrushes — Plural form of nailbrush.
- nailclipper — a small mechanical device for clipping the fingernails or toenails.
- nakhichevan — an autonomous republic, an exclave of Azerbaijan, bordering Armenia, Turkey, and Iran. 2124 sq. mi. (5500 sq. km). Capital: Nakhichevan.
12 letter words starting with na
- name-calling — the use of abusive names to belittle or humiliate another person in a political campaign, an argument, etc.
- name-dropper — a person who indulges in name-dropping.
- namelessness — The state or quality of being nameless.
- nannofossils — Plural form of nannofossil.
- nanocrystals — Plural form of nanocrystal.
13 letter words starting with na
- name-dropping — the introduction into one's conversation, letters, etc., of the names of famous or important people as alleged friends or associates in order to impress others.
- nannoplankton — the smallest of the microplankton; the aquatic organisms that can pass through fine mesh plankton nets.
- nanochemistry — (chemistry) The synthesis, analysis and characterization of chemical compounds at the nanoscale.
- nanocomposite — Denoting a composite material that has a grain size measured in nanometers.
- nanomaterials — Plural form of nanomaterial.
14 letter words starting with na
- nabuchodonosor — Nebuchadnezzar (def 1).
- nanofiltration — Pressure-driven filtration through a membrane that removes particles of about two nanometres or larger.
- nanopublishing — an inexpensive form of online publishing that uses blogging as a model to reach a specific audience
- nanostructured — Having a nanostructure; a structure designed on the nano scale.
- nanostructures — Plural form of nanostructure.
15 letter words starting with na
- nanocrystalline — Of, pertaining to, or composed of nanocrystals.
- nanofabrication — the design and manufacture of products and structures, especially electronic devices, with dimensions measured in nanometers.
- napier-hastings — a seaport on E North Island, in New Zealand.
- nasopharyngitis — (medicine) An inflammation of the nasal passages, and of the upper pharynx.
- nation-building — Journalists sometimes use nation-building to refer to government policies that are designed to create a strong sense of national identity.
16 letter words starting with na
- nagorno-karabakh — a region in SW Azerbaijan: residents mostly Armenian. 1700 sq. mi. (4400 sq. km).
- nanotechnologies — Plural form of nanotechnology.
- nanotechnologist — Someone who does research into nanotechnology; someone studying things on the scale of nanometers.
- narcissistically — having an undue fascination with oneself; vain.
- narcotrafficking — the buying and selling of illegal drugs.
17 letter words starting with na
On this page, we collect all words starting with NA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1341 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with NA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.