Words starting with n
1 letter words starting with n
2 letter words starting with n
3 letter words starting with n
4 letter words starting with n
5 letter words starting with n
- naacp — National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- naafi — Navy, Army, and Air Force Institutes: an organization that provides social facilities, stores, etc., to British military personnel.
- nabal — a wealthy Calebite, husband of Abigail, who refused rightful tribute to King David for protecting Nabal's flocks. I Sam. 25.
- nabes — a neighborhood movie theater.
- nabis — a prophet.
6 letter words starting with n
- n'dour — Youssou (ˈjusu). born 1959, Senegalese singer and musician, whose work has popularized African music in the West; recordings include Nelson Mandela (1986), Eyes Open (1992), and Nothing's in Vain (2002)
- n-bomb — neutron bomb.
- n-type — (of a semiconductor) having more conduction electrons than mobile holes
- n-word — a euphemism for the word nigger : His use of the highly offensive n-word during a televised broadcast caused outrage. See also f-word, word (def 2).
- nabbed — to arrest or capture.
7 letter words starting with n
- n-shell — the fourth shell of electrons surrounding the nucleus of an atom and containing, when filled, 32 electrons having principal quantum number 4.
- n-tuple — a set of n objects or quantities, where n is an integer, especially such a set arranged in a specified order (ordered n-tuple)
- na-dene — a group of North American Indian languages, comprising the Athabaskan family, Eyak, Tlingit, and Haida, hypothetically considered to be descendants of a single protolanguage: the genetic relationship of either Tlingit or Haida to Athabaskan and Eyak is now disputed.
- nabbing — to arrest or capture.
- nabokov — Vladimir Vladimirovich [vlad-uh-meer vlad-uh-meer-uh-vich;; Russian vluh-dyee-myir vluh-dyee-myi-ruh-vyich] /ˈvlæd əˌmɪər ˌvlæd əˈmɪər ə vɪtʃ;; Russian vlʌˈdyi myɪr vlʌˈdyi myɪ rə vyɪtʃ/ (Show IPA), 1899–1977, U.S. novelist, short-story writer, and poet, born in Russia.
8 letter words starting with n
- naartjie — (South Africa) Citrus reticulata, (mandarin, satsuma, tangerine); a soft, loose-skinned tangerine.
- nabataea — an ancient Arab kingdom of SW Asia, in the area of present-day Jordan, that became a Roman province in a.d. 106. Capital: Petra.
- nabobism — any very wealthy, influential, or powerful person.
- nacreous — of or relating to nacre.
- naderism — the philosophy and beliefs of consumerism and environmentalism preached by Ralph Nader
9 letter words starting with n
- n'djamena — Chadic.
- n'importe — no matter
- nabataean — a subject of the ancient kingdom of Nabataea.
- nabonidus — died 539? b.c, last king of Babylonia 556–539 (father of Belshazzar).
- nagarjuna — c. 150–c. 250 ad, Indian Buddhist monk, founder of the Madhyamika (Middle Path) school of Mahayana Buddhism: noted for his philosophical writings
10 letter words starting with n
- nabokovian — of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or resembling the literary style of Vladimir Nabokov: a sly, Nabokovian sense of the absurd.
- nabonassar — died 733? b.c, king of Babylon 747?–733?.
- nail-biter — a person who bites his or her nails, especially habitually.
- nairnshire — a historic county in N Scotland.
- naked-lady — any of several bulbous plants of the genus Hippeastrum, especially H. puniceum, which has large red or pink flowers and is popular as a houseplant. Compare amaryllis family.
11 letter words starting with n
- nacogdoches — a city in N Texas.
- nail-biting — the act or practice of biting one's fingernails, especially as the result of anxiety or nervousness.
- nailclipper — a small mechanical device for clipping the fingernails or toenails.
- nakhichevan — an autonomous republic, an exclave of Azerbaijan, bordering Armenia, Turkey, and Iran. 2124 sq. mi. (5500 sq. km). Capital: Nakhichevan.
- namaqualand — an arid coastal region in the S part of Namibia, extending into the Cape of Good Hope province of the Republic of South Africa, divided by the Orange River into two regions, one in Namibia (Great Namaqualand) the other in South Africa (Little Namaqualand) inhabited by the Nama.
12 letter words starting with n
- name-calling — the use of abusive names to belittle or humiliate another person in a political campaign, an argument, etc.
- name-dropper — a person who indulges in name-dropping.
- nanomaterial — A material having particles or constituents of nanoscale dimensions, or one that is produced by nanotechnology.
- nanoparticle — a microscopic particle of matter that is measured on the nanoscale, usually one that measures less than 100 nanometers.
- nanoplankton — nannoplankton.
13 letter words starting with n
- name-dropping — the introduction into one's conversation, letters, etc., of the names of famous or important people as alleged friends or associates in order to impress others.
- nannoplankton — the smallest of the microplankton; the aquatic organisms that can pass through fine mesh plankton nets.
- nanostructure — A structure, especially a semiconductor device, that has dimensions of only a few nanometers.
- narcoanalysis — a method of psychological investigation in which the conscious or unconscious unwillingness of a subject to express memories or feelings is diminished by the use of a barbiturate drug.
- narcohypnosis — the use of drugs to induce hypnosis
14 letter words starting with n
- nabuchodonosor — Nebuchadnezzar (def 1).
- nanopublishing — an inexpensive form of online publishing that uses blogging as a model to reach a specific audience
- nanotechnology — a technology executed on the scale of less than 100 nanometers, the goal of which is to control individual atoms and molecules, especially to create computer chips and other microscopic devices.
- narcodiagnosis — the use of drugs to produce narcosis as an aid in diagnosis.
- narcosynthesis — a treatment for psychiatric disturbances that uses narcotics.
15 letter words starting with n
- nanofabrication — the design and manufacture of products and structures, especially electronic devices, with dimensions measured in nanometers.
- napier-hastings — a seaport on E North Island, in New Zealand.
- nasopharyngitis — (medicine) An inflammation of the nasal passages, and of the upper pharynx.
- nation-building — Journalists sometimes use nation-building to refer to government policies that are designed to create a strong sense of national identity.
- nationalization — to bring under the ownership or control of a nation, as industries and land: a movement to nationalize the oil industry.
16 letter words starting with n
- nagorno-karabakh — a region in SW Azerbaijan: residents mostly Armenian. 1700 sq. mi. (4400 sq. km).
- narcissistically — having an undue fascination with oneself; vain.
- narcotrafficking — the buying and selling of illegal drugs.
- naturalistically — imitating nature or the usual natural surroundings.
- nagorno-karabakh autonomous region — an administrative division in S Azerbaijan. In 1990–94 Armenian claims to the region led to violent unrest and fighting between national forces. Capital: Stepanakert. Pop: 143 000 (2000 est). Area: 4400 sq km (1700 sq miles)
17 letter words starting with n
- natural-resources — a naturally occurring source of wealth, as land or water.
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9837 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with N. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.