Words starting with mit
3 letter words starting with mit
- mit — Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- mit ai lab — (body) (Massachusetts Institute of Technology artificial intelligence laboratory) Workplace of many famous AI researchers at MIT including GLS and RMS. Address: 545 Technology Sq., Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
- mit licence — (spelling) It's american and they spell the noun and the verb "license", so MIT License.
- mit license — (legal, software) A popular open source software license. The MIT License is very permissive, allowing "any person ... to deal in the Software without restriction" as long as they preserve the copyright notice and the license itself. It also includes the usual disclaimers.
- mit lisp machine — Lisp Machine
4 letter words starting with mit
- mita — a colonial system in Peru by which the Spanish government required Indians to perform periodic forced labor, especially in the mines.
- mite — a contribution that is small but is all that a person can afford.
- miti — SQRIBE
- mito — a city in Ibaraki prefecture, E central Honshu, Japan.
- mits — Micro Instrumentation and Telemetry Systems
5 letter words starting with mit
- mitch — (transitive, dialectal) To pilfer; filch; steal.
- miter — the official headdress of a bishop in the Western Church, in its modern form a tall cap with a top deeply cleft crosswise, the outline of the front and back resembling that of a pointed arch.
- mites — Plural form of mite.
- mitis — a malleable iron, fluid enough for casting, made by adding a small amount of aluminium to wrought iron
- mitla — the ruins of a Zapotec Indian city near Oaxaca, Mexico, yielding elaborate remains of temples and other artifacts.
6 letter words starting with mit
7 letter words starting with mit
- mitanni — the Hurrian kingdom in NW Mesopotamia in the 15th and 14th centuries b.c.
- mitched — Simple past tense and past participle of mitch.
- mitcher — Alternative form of micher.
- mitches — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of mitch.
- mitchum — Robert (Charles) 1917–97, U.S. actor.
8 letter words starting with mit
- mitchell — Arthur, born 1934, U.S. ballet dancer, choreographer, and ballet company director.
- mitching — Present participle of mitch.
- mitering — the official headdress of a bishop in the Western Church, in its modern form a tall cap with a top deeply cleft crosswise, the outline of the front and back resembling that of a pointed arch.
- mithered — Simple past tense and past participle of mither.
- mithraic — of Mithras or Mithraism
9 letter words starting with mit
- mitannian — a native or inhabitant of the Mitanni kingdom.
- mitergate — (in a canal or the like) a lock gate having two leaves so made as to close at an angle pointing upstream.
- miterwort — any of several plants belonging to the genus Mitella, of the saxifrage family, having a capsule that resembles a bishop's miter.
- mithering — Present participle of mither.
- mithraeum — a temple of Mithras.
10 letter words starting with mit
- miterworts — Plural form of miterwort.
- mithridate — a confection believed to contain an antidote to every poison.
- mitigating — to lessen in force or intensity, as wrath, grief, harshness, or pain; moderate.
- mitigation — the act of mitigating, or lessening the force or intensity of something unpleasant, as wrath, pain, grief, or extreme circumstances: Social support is the most important factor in the mitigation of stress among adolescents.
- mitigative — to lessen in force or intensity, as wrath, grief, harshness, or pain; moderate.
11 letter words starting with mit
- mithramycin — A particular antibiotic drug.
- mithridates — Plural form of mithridate.
- mitigations — the act of mitigating, or lessening the force or intensity of something unpleasant, as wrath, pain, grief, or extreme circumstances: Social support is the most important factor in the mitigation of stress among adolescents.
- mitotically — the usual method of cell division, characterized typically by the resolving of the chromatin of the nucleus into a threadlike form, which condenses into chromosomes, each of which separates longitudinally into two parts, one part of each chromosome being retained in each of two new cells resulting from the original cell.
- mitrailleur — (UK, military, obsolete) rapid-fire team-served musket or rifle.
12 letter words starting with mit
- mithridatism — the production of immunity against the action of a poison by taking the poison in gradually increased doses.
- mithridatize — to induce a state of mithridatism in (a person).
- mitochondria — an organelle in the cytoplasm of cells that functions in energy production.
- mitogenicity — Quality or degree of being mitogenic.
- mitrailleuse — a machine gun.
13 letter words starting with mit
- mitochondrial — (cytology) Of, or relating to mitochondria.
- mitochondrion — an organelle in the cytoplasm of cells that functions in energy production.
- mittelschmerz — dull abdominal pain occurring at the time of ovulation, attributed to the presence of free blood in the peritoneal cavity from the ruptured ovarian follicle.
- mitochondrial dna — DNA found in mitochondria, which contains some structural genes and is generally inherited only through the female line
14 letter words starting with mit
- mittag-leffler — Magnus Gösta [mahng-nuhs yœ-stah] /ˈmɑŋ nʌs ˈyœ stɑ/ (Show IPA), 1846–1927, Swedish mathematician.
On this page, we collect all words starting with MIT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 136 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with MIT. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.