Words starting with mer
4 letter words starting with mer
5 letter words starting with mer
- merca — a city in S Somalia.
- merce — (obsolete) To subject to fine or amercement; to mulct; to amerce.
- merch — merchandise, especially as marketed to a particular fan base: The band sold t-shirts and other merch while on tour.
- merci — (French, colloquial) thank you.
- merck — Obsolete spelling of mark (15th-17th c.).
6 letter words starting with mer
- merano — a town and resort in NE Italy, in the foothills of the central Alps: capital of the Tyrol (12th–15th century); under Austrian rule until 1919. Pop: 33 656 (2001)
- merced — a city in central California.
- mercer — a dealer in textile fabrics; dry-goods merchant.
- mercia — an early English kingdom in central Britain.
- merckx — Eddy, born 1945, Belgian cyclist with five victories (1969–72, 1974) in the Tour de France.
7 letter words starting with mer
- meramec — a river in SE Missouri, flowing generally E to the Mississippi River below St. Louis. 207 miles (333 km) long.
- meranti — wood from any of several Malaysian trees of the dipterocarpaceous genus Shorea
- mercado — a market.
- mercast — a broadcasting system used by U.S. agencies to deliver messages to government-operated ships.
- mercers — Plural form of mercer.
8 letter words starting with mer
- mercapto — containing the mercapto group; sulfhydryl; thiol.
- mercator — Gerhardus [jer-hahr-duh s] /dʒərˈhɑr dəs/ (Show IPA), (Gerhard Kremer) 1512–94, Flemish cartographer and geographer.
- mercedes — a city in SW Uruguay, on the Río Negro.
- merchant — a person who buys and sells commodities for profit; dealer; trader.
- merchets — Plural form of merchet.
9 letter words starting with mer
- merbromin — an iridescent green, water-soluble powder, C 2 0 H 8 Br 2 HgNa 2 O 6 , that forms a red solution when dissolved in water: used as an antiseptic and as a germicide.
- mercaptan — any of a class of sulfur-containing compounds having the type formula RSH, in which R represents a radical, and having an extremely offensive, garlicky odor.
- mercapto- — (in chemical compounds) indicating the presence of an HS- group
- mercenary — working or acting merely for money or other reward; venal.
- mercerize — to treat (cotton yarns or fabric) with caustic alkali under tension, in order to increase strength, luster, and affinity for dye.
10 letter words starting with mer
11 letter words starting with mer
12 letter words starting with mer
- mercantilism — mercantile practices or spirit; commercialism.
- mercantilist — Of, pertaining to, or believing in mercantilism.
- merchandised — the manufactured goods bought and sold in any business.
- merchandiser — the manufactured goods bought and sold in any business.
- merchandises — the manufactured goods bought and sold in any business.
13 letter words starting with mer
- mercenariness — The state or condition of being mercenary.
- mercerisation — A process of treating cotton with sodium hydroxide in order to make it more lustrous.
- mercerization — to treat (cotton yarns or fabric) with caustic alkali under tension, in order to increase strength, luster, and affinity for dye.
- merchandisers — Plural form of merchandiser.
- merchandising — the manufactured goods bought and sold in any business.
14 letter words starting with mer
- mercantilistic — Relating to, or characteristic of mercantilism.
- mercaptopurine — a yellow, crystalline, water-insoluble powder, C 5 H 4 N 4 S, used in the treatment of leukemia.
- merchandisable — Suitable for merchandising.
- meretriciously — In a meretricious manner.
- merionethshire — a historic county in Gwynedd, in N Wales.
15 letter words starting with mer
16 letter words starting with mer
On this page, we collect all words starting with MER. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 347 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with MER. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.