Words starting with li
2 letter words starting with li
3 letter words starting with li
- lia — Leah (def 1).
- lib — something improvised in speech, music, etc.: Was that joke part of your speech or an ad lib?
- lid — a removable or hinged cover for closing the opening, usually at the top, of a pot, jar, trunk, etc.; a movable cover.
- lie — Jonas, 1880–1940, U.S. painter, born in Norway.
- lif — The fibre by which the petioles of the date palm are bound together, from which various kinds of cordage are made.
4 letter words starting with li
5 letter words starting with li
- liana — any of various usually woody vines that may climb as high as the tree canopy in a tropical forest.
- liang — a Chinese unit of weight, equal to 1/16 (0.0625) catty, and equivalent to about 1.33 ounces (38 grams).
- liard — a former silver coin of France, the fourth part of a sol, issued from the 15th century to 1793 and made from copper after 1650.
- libau — German name of Liepāja.
- libby — Willard Frank, 1908–80, U.S. chemist: Nobel Prize 1960.
6 letter words starting with li
7 letter words starting with li
- liaised — to form a liaison.
- liaises — to form a liaison.
- liaison — the contact or connection maintained by communications between units of the armed forces or of any other organization in order to ensure concerted action, cooperation, etc.
- lianoid — any of various usually woody vines that may climb as high as the tree canopy in a tropical forest.
- liatris — any of various composite plants of the genus Liatris, native to North America, having long spikes of purplish flowers.
8 letter words starting with li
- liaising — to form a liaison.
- liakoura — modern name of Parnassus (def 1).
- liaodong — a peninsula in NE China, extending S into the Yellow Sea.
- liaoning — Pinyin, Wade-Giles. a province in NE China. 58,301 sq. mi. (151,000 sq. km). Capital: Shenyang.
- liaoyang — Pinyin, Wade-Giles. a city in central Liaoning province, in NE China.
9 letter words starting with li
- liability — liabilities. moneys owed; debts or pecuniary obligations (opposed to assets). Accounting. liabilities as detailed on a balance sheet, especially in relation to assets and capital.
- libellant — a person who libels, or institutes suit.
- libellous — containing, constituting, or involving a libel; maliciously defamatory.
- liberalia — an ancient Roman festival held annually in honor of Liber and Libera.
- liberally — favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
10 letter words starting with li
- liberalise — Alternative spelling of liberalize.
- liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- liberalist — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- liberality — the quality or condition of being liberal in giving; generosity; bounty.
- liberalize — Remove or loosen restrictions on (something, typically an economic or political system).
11 letter words starting with li
- liabilities — liabilities. moneys owed; debts or pecuniary obligations (opposed to assets). Accounting. liabilities as detailed on a balance sheet, especially in relation to assets and capital.
- lianyungang — a city in NE Jiangsu province, in E China.
- liard-river — a river in W Canada, flowing from S Yukon through N British Columbia and the Northwest Territories into the Mackenzie River. 550 miles (885 km) long.
- liberalists — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- libertarian — a person who advocates liberty, especially with regard to thought or conduct.
12 letter words starting with li
- liberalistic — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- libertyville — a town in NE Illinois.
- lichtenstein — Roy, 1923–97, U.S. painter and sculptor.
- life-support — of or relating to equipment or measures that sustain or artificially substitute for essential body functions, as breathing or disposal of body wastes: Without life-support equipment, the patient might die.
- light-footed — stepping lightly or nimbly; light of foot; nimble.
13 letter words starting with li
- liberationist — the act of liberating or the state of being liberated.
- librarianship — a profession concerned with acquiring and organizing collections of books and related materials in libraries and servicing readers and others with these resources.
- lichenization — any complex organism of the group Lichenes, composed of a fungus in symbiotic union with an alga and having a greenish, gray, yellow, brown, or blackish thallus that grows in leaflike, crustlike, or branching forms on rocks, trees, etc.
- lickety-split — at great speed; rapidly: to travel lickety-split.
- liebfraumilch — a white wine produced chiefly in the region of Hesse in Germany.
14 letter words starting with li
- liberalisation — (British) alternative spelling of liberalization.
- liberalization — (US) The process or act of making more liberal.
- libertarianism — a person who advocates liberty, especially with regard to thought or conduct.
- libidinousness — full of sexual lust; lustful; lewd; lascivious.
- licentiateship — a person who has received a license, as from a university, to practice an art or profession.
15 letter words starting with li
- lichenification — a leathery hardening of the skin, usually caused by chronic irritation.
- liechtensteiner — a small principality in central Europe between Austria and Switzerland: economically linked with Switzerland. 65 sq. mi. (168 sq. km). Capital: Vaduz.
- light-sensitive — (of a surface) having a photoelectric property, such as the ability to generate a current, change its electrical resistance, etc, when exposed to light
- linear-tracking — (of a tone arm) designed to move across a phonograph record in a straight line, instead of an arc, so that as the needle tracks the groove, its orientation remains unchanged.
- limited-payment life insurance — a form of life insurance for which premiums are paid for a designated number of years.
16 letter words starting with li
- libation-bearers — Choëphori.
- life-threatening — endangering life: a life-threatening illness.
- lighter-than-air — (of an aircraft) weighing less than the air it displaces, hence obtaining lift from aerostatic buoyancy.
- lightheartedness — carefree; cheerful; merry: a lighthearted laugh.
- lily-of-the-nile — a plant, Agapanthus africanus, of the amaryllis family, native to Africa, having large umbels of blue flowers.
21 letter words starting with li
- limit-proportionality — elastic limit.
On this page, we collect all words starting with LI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2621 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with LI. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.