Words starting with ho
2 letter words starting with ho
- ho — handover
- ho chi minh — 1890?–1969, North Vietnamese political leader: president of North Vietnam 1954–69.
- ho chi minh city — a seaport in S Vietnam.
- ho chi minh trail — a network of jungle paths winding from North Vietnam through Laos and Cambodia into South Vietnam, used as a military route by North Vietnam to supply the Vietcong during the Vietnam War.
- ho gauge — a model railroad gauge of 5/8 inches (16 mm).
3 letter words starting with ho
- hob — a hobgoblin or elf.
- hoc — as much as this; to this extent.
- hod — a portable trough for carrying mortar, bricks, etc., fixed crosswise on top of a pole and carried on the shoulder.
- hoe — Richard, 1812–86, U.S. inventor and manufacturer of printing-press equipment.
- hog — a hoofed mammal of the family Suidae, order Artiodactyla, comprising boars and swine.
4 letter words starting with ho
- hoad — Lew(is Alan) 1934–94, Australian tennis player.
- hoar — hoarfrost; rime.
- hoax — something intended to deceive or defraud: The Piltdown man was a scientific hoax.
- hobo — a tramp or vagrant.
- hock — the state of being deposited or held as security; pawn: She was forced to put her good jewelry in hock.
5 letter words starting with ho
- hoagy — a hero sandwich.
- hoard — a supply or accumulation that is hidden or carefully guarded for preservation, future use, etc.: a vast hoard of silver.
- hoare — Sir Samuel John Gurney [gur-nee] /ˈgɜr ni/ (Show IPA), 1st Viscount Templewood [tem-puh l-woo d] /ˈtɛm pəlˌwʊd/ (Show IPA), 1880–1959, British statesman.
- hoars — hoarfrost; rime.
- hoary — gray or white with age: an old dog with a hoary muzzle.
6 letter words starting with ho
- ho-dad — a nonsurfer who spends time at beaches masquerading as a surfer.
- ho-hum — dull, boring, or routine; so-so: a ho-hum performance.
- hoagie — a hero sandwich.
- hoarse — having a vocal tone characterized by weakness of intensity and excessive breathiness; husky: the hoarse voice of the auctioneer.
- hoaxer — something intended to deceive or defraud: The Piltdown man was a scientific hoax.
7 letter words starting with ho
- hoarded — a supply or accumulation that is hidden or carefully guarded for preservation, future use, etc.: a vast hoard of silver.
- hoarder — a supply or accumulation that is hidden or carefully guarded for preservation, future use, etc.: a vast hoard of silver.
- hoarsen — (transitive, intransitive) To make or become hoarse.
- hoatzin — a blue-faced, crested bird, Opisthocomus hoazin, of the Amazon and Orinoco forests, having as a nestling a large, temporary claw on the second and third digits of the forelimb, for climbing among the tree branches.
- hoaxing — something intended to deceive or defraud: The Piltdown man was a scientific hoax.
8 letter words starting with ho
- hoactzin — hoatzin.
- hoagland — Edward, born 1932, U.S. novelist and essayist.
- hoarding — a supply or accumulation that is hidden or carefully guarded for preservation, future use, etc.: a vast hoard of silver.
- hoarsely — having a vocal tone characterized by weakness of intensity and excessive breathiness; husky: the hoarse voice of the auctioneer.
- hobbling — to walk lamely; limp.
9 letter words starting with ho
- hoarfrost — frost (def 2).
- hoarhound — an Old World plant, Marrubium vulgare, of the mint family, having downy leaves and small, whitish flowers, and containing a bitter, medicinal juice that is used as an expectorant, vermifuge, and laxative.
- hoatching — infested; swarming
- hobbesian — a person who believes in or advocates the principles of Thomas Hobbes.
- hobgoblin — something causing superstitious fear; a bogy.
10 letter words starting with ho
- hoabinhian — of, relating to, or typifying a middle to late Stone Age culture found in southeast Asia that is characterized chiefly by agricultural village settlements.
- hoarseness — having a vocal tone characterized by weakness of intensity and excessive breathiness; husky: the hoarse voice of the auctioneer.
- hobblebush — a North American shrub, Viburnum alnifolium, of the honeysuckle family, having flat-topped clusters of white flowers and red-to-black berrylike fruit.
- hobbyhorse — a stick with a horse's head, or a rocking horse, ridden by children.
- hochheimer — a Rhine wine produced at Hochheim, near Mainz, Germany.
11 letter words starting with ho
- hobbledehoy — an awkward, ungainly youth.
- hocus-pocus — a meaningless chant or expression used in conjuring or incantation.
- hodgenville — a town in central Kentucky: birthplace of Abraham Lincoln.
- hohenlinden — a village in S Germany, in Bavaria, near Munich: French victory over the Austrians 1800.
- hoity-toity — assuming airs; pretentious; haughty.
12 letter words starting with ho
- hoary-headed — having the gray or white hair of advanced age.
- hofmannsthal — Hugo von [hoo-goh fuh n] /ˈhu goʊ fən/ (Show IPA), 1874–1929, Austrian poet, playwright, and librettist.
- hohenstaufen — a member of the royal family that ruled in Germany from 1138 to 1208 and from 1215 to 1254, and in Sicily from 1194 to 1266.
- hohenzollern — a member of the royal family that ruled in Romania from 1866 to 1947, in Prussia from 1701 to 1918, and in the German Empire from 1871 to 1918.
- holidaymaker — vacationer.
13 letter words starting with ho
- hobson-jobson — the alteration of a word or phrase borrowed from a foreign language to accord more closely with the phonological and lexical patterns of the borrowing language, as in English hoosegow from Spanish juzgado.
- holiday-maker — vacationer.
- hollow-ground — ground so as to produce a concave surface or surfaces behind a cutting edge: the hollow-ground blade of an ice skate.
- holosericeous — covered with short, silky hairs.
- holyroodhouse — a royal palace in Edinburgh in Scotland: official residence of the Queen when in Scotland; begun in 1501 by James IV of Scotland; scene of the murder of David Rizzio in 1566
14 letter words starting with ho
- holometabolous — undergoing complete metamorphosis.
- holoplanktonic — plankton that spend their entire life cycle as free-swimming organisms (opposed to hemiplankton).
- homogenization — to form by blending unlike elements; make homogeneous.
- homotransplant — allograft.
- hoof-and-mouth disease — foot-and-mouth disease.
15 letter words starting with ho
- hole-and-corner — secretive; clandestine; furtive: The political situation was full of hole-and-corner intrigue.
- holocrystalline — (of igneous rocks) having only crystalline components and no glass
- homeostatically — the tendency of a system, especially the physiological system of higher animals, to maintain internal stability, owing to the coordinated response of its parts to any situation or stimulus that would tend to disturb its normal condition or function.
- homochlamydeous — (of a plant) having a perianth in which the sepals and petals are fused together and indistinguishable
- hook-and-ladder company — a company of firefighters equipped with a hook-and-ladder truck.
16 letter words starting with ho
18 letter words starting with ho
- honest-to-goodness — real or genuine.
25 letter words starting with ho
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
On this page, we collect all words starting with HO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3000 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with HO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.