Words starting with hig
4 letter words starting with hig
- high — having a great or considerable extent or reach upward or vertically; lofty; tall: a high wall.
- higz — High Level Interface to Graphics and Zebra. Part of the PAW system.
- high altar — the principal altar of a church
- high and dry — having a great or considerable extent or reach upward or vertically; lofty; tall: a high wall.
- high and low — having a great or considerable extent or reach upward or vertically; lofty; tall: a high wall.
5 letter words starting with hig
- highs — Plural form of high.
- hight — Archaic. called or named: Childe Harold was he hight.
- higgs boson — a hypothetical type of heavy, electrically neutral particle with zero spin.
- higgs bugson — (humour) A hypothetical bug predicted to exist based on a small number of possibly related event log entries and vague anecdotal user reports. The Higgs Bugson is difficult to reproduce because you don't really know if it's there, and if it is there what is causing it. To find one you will need a Large Hadron Debugger.
- highs and lows — If you refer to the highs and lows of someone's life or career, you are referring to both the successful or happy times, and the unsuccessful or bad times.
6 letter words starting with hig
- higgle — to bargain, especially in a petty way; haggle.
- highed — Simple past tense and past participle of high.
- higher — having a great or considerable extent or reach upward or vertically; lofty; tall: a high wall.
- highet — Gilbert, 1906–78, U.S. writer and classical scholar.
- highly — in or to a high degree; extremely: highly amusing; highly seasoned food.
7 letter words starting with hig
8 letter words starting with hig
- higgling — Present participle of higgle.
- high-end — being the most expensive and technically sophisticated: high-end stereo equipment.
- high-hat — to snub or treat condescendingly.
- high-key — (of a photograph) having chiefly light tones, usually with little tonal contrast (distinguished from low-key).
- high-low — a game of poker in which both high and low hands are eligible to win, the pot usually being split equally between the player with the highest hand and the player with the lowest hand.
9 letter words starting with hig
- higginson — Thomas Wentworth Storrow [stor-oh] /ˈstɒr oʊ/ (Show IPA), 1823–1911, U.S. clergyman, author, and social reformer.
- high-bred — of superior breed.
- high-carb — having a high carbohydrate content
- high-five — a gesture of greeting, good-fellowship, or triumph in which one person slaps the upraised palm of the hand against that of another.
- high-jump — to participate in the high jump; compete as a high jumper.
10 letter words starting with hig
- high-class — of a type superior in quality or degree; first-rate: a high-class hotel.
- high-count — (of a woven fabric) having a relatively high number of warp and filling threads per square inch.
- high-flown — extravagant in aims, pretensions, etc.
- high-flyer — a person who is extravagant or goes to extremes in aims, pretensions, opinions, etc.
- high-grade — of excellent or superior quality.
11 letter words starting with hig
- higashiyama — of or relating to the period of Japanese art history, especially during the second half of the 15th century, influenced by Zen Buddhism and characterized by architectural simplicity and monochrome painting.
- high-energy — possessing speed and energy beyond the classical laws of motion, esp of particles which have been accelerated in an accelerator
- high-flying — moving upward to or along at a considerable height: highflying planes.
- high-handed — condescending or presumptuous; overbearing; arbitrary: He has a highhanded manner.
- high-hatter — to snub or treat condescendingly.
12 letter words starting with hig
- higashiosaka — a city on S Honshu, in Japan, W of Osaka.
- high-ability — (of a student) having a higher than average ability
- high-colored — deep in color; vivid.
- high-context — preferring to communicate in person, rather than by electronic methods such as email
- high-density — having a high concentration: entering a high-density market with a new product; high-density lipoprotein.
13 letter words starting with hig
- high-coloured — (of the complexion) deep red or purplish; florid
- high-interest — (of a loan, mortgage, etc) to be repaid at a high rate of interest
- high-low-jack — all fours (def 2).
- high-pressure — having or involving a pressure above the normal: high-pressure steam.
- high-sounding — having an impressive or pretentious sound; grand: the high-sounding titles of minor officials.
14 letter words starting with hig
- high-achieving — (of a person) dynamic, ambitious, and successful
- highhandedness — The property of being highhanded.
- high-bandwidth digital content protection — a specification for the encryption of digital content during processing
- high-explosive shell — a shell containing high explosive
- high-occupancy vehicle lane — diamond lane.
15 letter words starting with hig
- high-and-mighty — haughty; arrogant.
- high-definition — High-definition television or technology is a digital system that gives a much clearer picture than traditional television systems.
- high-dependency — needing or providing a more than usually high level of healthcare
- high-handedness — condescending or presumptuous; overbearing; arbitrary: He has a highhanded manner.
- high-principled — possessing or displaying very high moral or ethical principles
16 letter words starting with hig
- high-compression — of a modern type of internal-combustion engine designed so that the fuel mixture is compressed into a smaller cylinder space, resulting in more pressure on the pistons and more power
- high-maintenance — needing frequent maintenance or repair: My bike is high-maintenance; this is its third front wheel this month.
- high-muck-a-muck — an important, influential, or high-ranking person, especially one who is pompous or conceited.
- high-performance — A high-performance car or other product goes very fast or does a lot.
17 letter words starting with hig
- higgledy-piggledy — in a jumbled, confused, or disorderly manner; helter-skelter.
On this page, we collect all words starting with HIG. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 387 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with HIG. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.