Words starting with he
2 letter words starting with he
- he — any male person or animal; a man: hes and shes.
3 letter words starting with he
- hed — (journalism, slang) The headline of a news story.
- heh — the fifth letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
- hel — the goddess ruling Niflheim: a daughter of Loki and Angerboda.
- hem — to fold back and sew down the edge of (cloth, a garment, etc.); form an edge or border on or around.
- hem and haw — the utterance or sound of “hem.”.
4 letter words starting with he
5 letter words starting with he
6 letter words starting with he
- he-man — a strong, tough, virile man.
- he/she — he or she
- headed — first in rank or position; chief; leading; principal: a head official.
- header — the upper part of the body in humans, joined to the trunk by the neck, containing the brain, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.
- healed — to make healthy, whole, or sound; restore to health; free from ailment.
7 letter words starting with he
- head-on — (of two objects) meeting with the fronts or heads foremost: a head-on collision.
- headbox — (in a papermaking machine) the container in which cleaned pulp is collected for uniform distribution across the wire.
- headcam — a camera that is worn on the front of the head and records video from the wearer's point of view.
- headend — A control center in a cable television system where various signals are brought together and monitored before being introduced into the cable network.
- headers — a person or thing that removes or puts a head on something.
8 letter words starting with he
- headache — a pain located in the head, as over the eyes, at the temples, or at the base of the skull.
- headachy — having a headache.
- headband — a band worn around the head; fillet.
- headbang — To engage in headbanging, the vigorous movement of the head in time to music.
- headbutt — A sharp blow delivered by driving the head into the opponent, generally by lowering the head and charging forward or by rapidly tilting the head backward and then forward.
9 letter words starting with he
- head-butt — strike sb with your forehead
- head-load — baggage or goods arranged so as to be carried on the heads of African porters
- headboard — a board forming the head of anything, especially of a bed.
- headcloth — any cloth for covering the head, as a turban or wimple.
- headdress — a covering or decoration for the head: a tribal headdress of feathers.
10 letter words starting with he
- head-right — Law. a beneficial interest for each member of an Indian tribe in the tribal trust fund accruing from the lease of tribal oil, gas, and mineral rights, the sale of tribal lands, etc.
- headbanger — metalhead.
- headcheese — a seasoned loaf made of the head meat, sometimes including the tongue or brains, of a calf or pig and molded in the natural aspic of the head.
- headhunter — a person who engages in headhunting.
- headlights — a light or lamp, usually equipped with a reflector, on the front of an automobile, locomotive, etc.
11 letter words starting with he
12 letter words starting with he
- head-hunting — a headhunting expedition: The men left the village to go on a headhunt.
- head-to-head — in direct confrontation, opposition, or competition: a head-to-head battle between the two companies.
- headforemost — headfirst (def 1).
- headmasterly — In a manner befitting a headmaster.
- headmistress — a woman in charge of a private school.
13 letter words starting with he
- head-shrinker — to draw back, as in retreat or avoidance: to shrink from danger; to shrink from contact.
- headmistressy — typical of the duties and behaviour of a headmistress
- headquartered — to situate in headquarters.
- healthfulness — conducive to health; wholesome or salutary: a healthful diet.
- heart-healthy — conducive to cardiovascular health: heart-healthy cooking.
14 letter words starting with he
- he-huckleberry — swamp andromeda.
- heart-to-heart — frank; sincere: We had a heart-to-heart talk about his poor attendance.
- heartwrenching — Having a painful emotional impact; causing grief or distress.
- hedonistically — a person whose life is devoted to the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification.
- heebie-jeebies — a condition of extreme nervousness caused by fear, worry, strain, etc.; the jitters; the willies (usually preceded by the): Just thinking about ghosts gives me the heebie-jeebies.
15 letter words starting with he
- heart-searching — a thorough examination of one's feelings and motives; a self-examination of one's conscience.
- heartbreakingly — causing intense anguish or sorrow.
- height-to-paper — the standard height of type, measured from the foot to the face, in the U.S. 0.918 of an inch (2.33 cm).
- heliocentricity — measured or considered as being seen from the center of the sun.
- hemangiosarcoma — A fast-growing, highly invasive variety of cancer, a sarcoma arising from the lining of blood vessels, occurring almost exclusively in dogs and rarely in cats.
16 letter words starting with he
- hearing-impaired — having reduced or deficient hearing ability; hard-of-hearing: special programs for hearing-impaired persons.
- heavier-than-air — (of an aircraft) weighing more than the air that it displaces, hence having to obtain lift by aerodynamic means.
- hell-for-leather — characterized by reckless determination or breakneck speed: The sheriff led the posse in a hell-for-leather chase.
- hemagglutination — the clumping of red blood cells.
- hemangioblastoma — (medicine) Any of several benign neoplasm tumours of the brain.
17 letter words starting with he
- headline-grabbing — A headline-grabbing statement or activity is one that is intended to attract a lot of attention, especially from the media.
18 letter words starting with he
- hemidemisemiquaver — a sixty-fourth note.
On this page, we collect all words starting with HE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2931 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with HE. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.