Words starting with hap
3 letter words starting with hap
- hap — Benedict, 1741–1801, American general in the Revolutionary War who became a traitor.
4 letter words starting with hap
5 letter words starting with hap
6 letter words starting with hap
- haplo- — single or simple
- happed — a comforter or quilt.
- happen — to take place; come to pass; occur: Something interesting is always happening in New York.
- hapten — a substance having a single antigenic determinant that can react with a previously existing antibody but cannot stimulate more antibody production unless combined with other molecules; a partial antigen.
- haptic — of or relating to the sense of touch: the haptic sensation of holding a real book in your hands.
7 letter words starting with hap
- hapkido — An eclectic Korean martial art founded by Young Sul Choi, a student of Dait\u014d-ry\u016b Aiki-j\u016bjutsu.
- hapless — unlucky; luckless; unfortunate.
- haploid — single; simple.
- haplont — the haploid individual in a life cycle that has a diploid and a haploid phase.
- happens — to take place; come to pass; occur: Something interesting is always happening in New York.
8 letter words starting with hap
- haphsiba — Hephzibah (def 1).
- haphtara — the part of the Prophets read in synagogue services on the Sabbath and certain major holy days: the selection is related to the part of the Pentateuch read just before it
- haploidy — (genetics) The state of being haploid.
- haplopia — normal vision (opposed to diplopia).
- haplosis — the production of haploid chromosome groups during meiosis.
9 letter words starting with hap
- haphazard — characterized by lack of order or planning, by irregularity, or by randomness; determined by or dependent on chance; aimless.
- haphtarah — Haftarah.
- haplessly — In a hapless manner.
- haplology — the omission of one of two similar adjacent syllables or sounds in a word, as in substituting morphonemic for morphophonemic or in the pronunciation [prob-lee] /ˈprɒb li/ (Show IPA) for probably.
- haplontic — (chiefly of an alga or other lower plant) having a life cycle in which the main form is haploid, with a diploid zygote being formed only briefly.
10 letter words starting with hap
- haphtaroth — Plural form of haphtarah.
- haplobiont — an organism, esp a plant, that exists in either the diploid form or the haploid form (but never alternates between these forms) during its life cycle
- haplogroup — Genetics. a set of similar haplotypes inherited together, or a group who shares a set of similar haplotypes, used to understand genetic lineages.
- haplophase — the haploid portion of an organism's life cycle.
- haplotypes — Plural form of haplotype.
11 letter words starting with hap
- haphazardly — in a haphazard manner; at random.
- haphazardry — haphazard character, state, or order; fortuity.
- haplessness — The characteristic of being hapless.
- haplography — the accidental omission of a letter or letter group that should be repeated in writing, as in Missippi for Mississippi.
- haplogroups — Plural form of haplogroup.
12 letter words starting with hap
13 letter words starting with hap
- haphazardness — characterized by lack of order or planning, by irregularity, or by randomness; determined by or dependent on chance; aimless.
14 letter words starting with hap
16 letter words starting with hap
- happenstantially — (rare) By happenstance; occurring due to random chance.
On this page, we collect all words starting with HAP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 102 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with HAP. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.