Words starting with h
1 letter words starting with h
- h — the eighth letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- h and d curve — characteristic curve.
- h and l hinge — a surface-mounted hinge that when applied resembles H and L combined.
- h chain — either of an identical pair of Y -shaped polypeptides that, together with the light chains, constitute the antibody molecule.
- h g edgar degas — Hilaire Germain Edgar [ee-ler zher-man ed-gar] /iˈlɛr ʒɛrˈmɛ̃ ɛdˈgar/ (Show IPA), 1834–1917, French impressionist painter.
2 letter words starting with h
3 letter words starting with h
4 letter words starting with h
5 letter words starting with h
- h-bar — an I-beam having flanges the same width as its web, or connecting vertical section.
- ha-ha — sunk fence.
- haber — Fritz, 1868–1934, German chemist: Nobel Prize 1918.
- habit — an acquired behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary: the habit of looking both ways before crossing the street.
- habor — Khabur.
6 letter words starting with h
7 letter words starting with h
8 letter words starting with h
- ha'penny — halfpenny.
- habakkuk — a Minor Prophet of the 7th century b.c.
- habanera — a dance of Cuban origin.
- habanero — an extremely pungent small pepper, the fruit of a variety of Capsicum chinense, used in cookery.
- habdalah — a religious ceremony, observed by Jews at the conclusion of the Sabbath or a festival, that consists of blessings over wine, spices, and the light of a candle.
9 letter words starting with h
10 letter words starting with h
- habiliment — Usually, habiliments. clothes or clothing. clothes as worn in a particular profession, way of life, etc.
- habilitate — to clothe or dress.
- habitation — a place of residence; dwelling; abode.
- habitually — of the nature of a habit; fixed by or resulting from habit: habitual courtesy.
- habituated — to accustom (a person, the mind, etc.), as to a particular situation: Wealth habituated him to luxury.
11 letter words starting with h
12 letter words starting with h
13 letter words starting with h
- habit-forming — tending to cause or encourage addiction, especially through physiological dependence: habit-forming drugs.
- haematogenous — producing blood
- haemodialysis — (medicine) the use of dialysis to remove waste products from the blood in the case of kidney failure.
- hairsplitting — the making of unnecessarily fine distinctions.
- half-and-half — a mixture of two things, especially in equal or nearly equal proportions.
14 letter words starting with h
15 letter words starting with h
- haemagglutinate — to cause the clumping of red blood cells in (a blood sample)
- haemoflagellate — a flagellate protozoan, such as a trypanosome, that is parasitic in the blood
- haemoglobinuria — the presence of haemoglobin in the urine
- half-remembered — (of a memory, idea, etc) partially remembered or recalled
- half-successful — achieving or having achieved success.
17 letter words starting with h
20 letter words starting with h
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13699 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with H. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.