Words starting with g
1 letter words starting with g
2 letter words starting with g
3 letter words starting with g
4 letter words starting with g
- g.i. — the GI's, Slang. diarrhea.
- gaba — a neurotransmitter of the central nervous system that inhibits excitatory responses.
- gabe — a male given name, form of Gabriel.
- gabo — Naum [noum] /naʊm/ (Show IPA), (Naum Pevsner) 1890–1977, U.S. sculptor, born in Russia (brother of Antoine Pevsner).
- gabs — to talk or chat idly; chatter.
5 letter words starting with g
6 letter words starting with g
7 letter words starting with g
- g-force — the force of gravity
- g-rated — (of a motion picture) deemed suitable for viewers of all ages: a G-rated film.
- gabbaim — a minor official of a synagogue, having limited ceremonial or administrative functions.
- gabelle — a tax; excise.
- gabfest — a gathering at which there is a great deal of conversation.
8 letter words starting with g
- g-string — a loincloth or breechcloth, usually secured by a cord at the waist.
- gabfests — a gathering at which there is a great deal of conversation.
- gabonese — of or relating to Gabon or its inhabitants.
- gaboriau — Émile [ey-meel] /eɪˈmil/ (Show IPA), 1835–73, French author of detective stories.
- gaborone — a republic in S Africa: formerly a British protectorate; gained independence 1966; member of the Commonwealth of Nations. 275,000 sq. mi. (712,250 sq. km). Capital: Gaborone.
9 letter words starting with g
- gabaonite — Gibeonite.
- gabardine — Also, gaberdine. a firm, tightly woven fabric of worsted, cotton, polyester, or other fiber, with a twill weave.
- gaberdine — Also, gabardine. a long, loose coat or frock for men, worn in the Middle Ages, especially by Jews.
- gaberones — former name of Gaborone.
- gabionade — a row of gabions submerged in a waterway, stream, river, etc, to control the flow of water
10 letter words starting with g
- gabapentin — (medicine) A medication, originally used for the treatment of epilepsy but now used to relieve pain.
- gadolinite — a silicate mineral from which the rare-earth metals gadolinium, holmium, and rhenium are extracted.
- gadolinium — a rare-earth metallic element. Symbol: Gd; atomic weight: 157.25; atomic number: 64.
- gadrooning — ornamentation with gadroons.
- gadzookery — the use or overuse of period-specific or archaic expressions, as in a historical novel: Without any gadzookery and its excessive use of “forsooth,” “prithee,” etc., her first historical novel conveys a superb sense of the period.
11 letter words starting with g
- gaberlunzie — a wandering beggar
- gaff-rigged — (of a sailboat) having one or more gaff sails.
- gainesville — a city in N Florida.
- galactocele — A cystic tumor containing milk or a milky substance, usually located in the mammary glands, and caused by a protein plug that blocks off the outlet.
- galactoside — A glycoside yielding galactose on hydrolysis.
12 letter words starting with g
- gaff-topsail — Also called fore-and-aft topsail. a jib-headed fore-and-aft sail set above a gaff.
- gainsborough — Thomas, 1727–88, English painter.
- gaithersburg — a town in central Maryland.
- galactagogue — A food or drug that promotes or increases the flow of a mother’s milk.
- galactometer — a lactometer.
13 letter words starting with g
- gabrilowitsch — Ossip [aw-syip] /ˈɔ syɪp/ (Show IPA), 1878–1936, Russian pianist and conductor, in America.
- gaidhealtachd — the area of Scotland in which Scottish Gaelic is the vernacular speech
- galactosamine — an amino sugar that is a major component of glycolipids and chondroitin.
- galactosidase — An enzyme, such as lactase, that is involved in the hydrolytic breakdown of a galactoside.
- gallo-romance — the vernacular language, a development from Latin, spoken in France from about a.d. 600 to 900. Abbreviation: Gallo-Rom.
14 letter words starting with g
15 letter words starting with g
- galloping-ghost — Harold ("Red"; "the Galloping Ghost") 1903–1991, U.S. football player.
- galvanomagnetic — of or relating to the creation of an electromagnetic field within a conductor, as a metal, or a semiconductor through which an electric current is passed.
- galvanomagnetic effect — any of several phenomena that occur when an electric current is passed through a conductor or semiconductor situated in a magnetic field, as the Hall effect.
22 letter words starting with g
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter G. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 11740 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with G. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.