Words starting with field
5 letter words starting with field
- field — Cyrus West, 1819–92, U.S. financier: projector of the first Atlantic cable.
- field ambulance — a mobile medical unit that accepts casualties from forward units, treating the lightly wounded and stabilizing the condition of the seriously wounded before evacuating them to a hospital
- field army — army (def 2).
- field artillery — artillery mobile enough to accompany troops in the field.
- field battery — a small unit of usually four field guns
6 letter words starting with field
- fields — an expanse of open or cleared ground, especially a piece of land suitable or used for pasture or tillage.
7 letter words starting with field
8 letter words starting with field
- fielders — Plural form of fielder.
- fielding — an expanse of open or cleared ground, especially a piece of land suitable or used for pasture or tillage.
- fieldset — (Internet) A group of related user interface controls that make up one portion of a form.
- fielding average — a measure of the fielding ability of a player, obtained by dividing the number of put-outs and assists by the number of put-outs, assists, and errors and carrying out the result to three decimal places. A player with ten errors in 600 chances has a fielding average of .984.
9 letter words starting with field
- fieldboot — a close-fitting knee-length boot
- fieldfare — a European thrush, Turdus pilaris, having reddish-brown plumage with an ashy head and a blackish tail.
- fieldgate — the site in an oil field where natural gas is separated from crude oil after the latter reaches the surface, for movement through pipelines.
- fieldmice — nocturnal mice
- fieldsman — a fielder in cricket.
10 letter words starting with field
- field-test — to test (a device or product) under various conditions of actual use.
- fieldboots — knee-length boots
- fieldcraft — (military) The basic military skills required to operate in the field, such as stealth, camouflage, and observation.
- fieldfares — Plural form of fieldfare.
- fieldmouse — any of various short-tailed mice or voles inhabiting fields and meadows.
11 letter words starting with field
- field-strip — to take apart (a weapon) for cleaning, lubrication, and repair or for inspection.
- fieldpieces — Plural form of fieldpiece.
- fieldstones — Plural form of fieldstone.
- fieldworker — Also, field work. work done in the field, as research, exploration, surveying, or interviewing: archaeological fieldwork.
12 letter words starting with field
- field-effect — designating or of an electronic component or device, esp. a transistor, controlled by an external electric field
- field-holler — a cry employing falsetto, portamento, and sudden changes of pitch, used in African-American work songs, later integrated into the techniques of the blues
- field-effect transistor — a transistor in which the output current is varied by varying the value of an electric field within a region of the device. Abbreviation: FET.
13 letter words starting with field
14 letter words starting with field
18 letter words starting with field
- field-programmable gate array — (hardware) (FPGA) A gate array where the logic network can be programmed into the device after its manufacture. An FPGA consists of an array of logic elements, either gates or lookup table RAMs, flip-flops and programmable interconnect wiring. Most FPGAs are reprogrammable, since their logic functions and interconnect are defined by RAM cells. The Xilinx LCA, Altera FLEX and AT&T ORCA devices are examples. Others can only be programmed once, by closing "antifuses". These retain their programming permanently. The Actel FPGAs are the leading example of such devices. Atmel FPGAs are currently (July 1997) the only ones in which part of the array can be reprogrammed while other parts are active. As of 1994, FPGAs have logic capacity up to 10K to 20K 2-input-NAND-equivalent gates, up to about 200 I/O pins and can run at clock rates of 50 MHz or more. FPGA designs must be prepared using CAD software tools, usually provided by the chip vendor, to do technology mapping, partitioning and placement, routing, and binary output. The resulting binary can be programmed into a ROM connected to the FPGA or downloaded to the FPGA from a connected computer. In addition to ordinary logic applications, FPGAs have enabled the development of logic emulators. There is also research on using FPGAs as computing devices, taking direct advantage of their reconfigurability into problem-specific hardware processors.
On this page, we collect all words starting with FIELD. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 122 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with FIELD. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.