Words starting with fie
3 letter words starting with fie
- fie — Used to express disgust or outrage.
4 letter words starting with fie
- fief — a fee or feud held of a feudal lord; a tenure of land subject to feudal obligations.
5 letter words starting with fie
6 letter words starting with fie
- fields — an expanse of open or cleared ground, especially a piece of land suitable or used for pasture or tillage.
- fielty — The state of owing one's service (particularly of a soldier, warrior, knight, rider) to a king, queen, or other ruler.
- fiends — Plural form of fiend.
- fierce — menacingly wild, savage, or hostile: fierce animals; a fierce look.
- fiesta — any festival or festive celebration.
7 letter words starting with fie
- fiedler — Arthur, 1894–1979, U.S. symphony conductor.
- fiefdom — the estate or domain of a feudal lord.
- fielded — an expanse of open or cleared ground, especially a piece of land suitable or used for pasture or tillage.
- fielder — an expanse of open or cleared ground, especially a piece of land suitable or used for pasture or tillage.
- fiendly — (obsolete) Hostile.
8 letter words starting with fie
- fiefdoms — the estate or domain of a feudal lord.
- fielders — Plural form of fielder.
- fielding — an expanse of open or cleared ground, especially a piece of land suitable or used for pasture or tillage.
- fieldset — (Internet) A group of related user interface controls that make up one portion of a form.
- fiending — Satan; the devil.
9 letter words starting with fie
- fieldboot — a close-fitting knee-length boot
- fieldfare — a European thrush, Turdus pilaris, having reddish-brown plumage with an ashy head and a blackish tail.
- fieldgate — the site in an oil field where natural gas is separated from crude oil after the latter reaches the surface, for movement through pipelines.
- fieldmice — nocturnal mice
- fieldsman — a fielder in cricket.
10 letter words starting with fie
- field-test — to test (a device or product) under various conditions of actual use.
- fieldboots — knee-length boots
- fieldcraft — (military) The basic military skills required to operate in the field, such as stealth, camouflage, and observation.
- fieldfares — Plural form of fieldfare.
- fieldmouse — any of various short-tailed mice or voles inhabiting fields and meadows.
11 letter words starting with fie
- field-strip — to take apart (a weapon) for cleaning, lubrication, and repair or for inspection.
- fieldpieces — Plural form of fieldpiece.
- fieldstones — Plural form of fieldstone.
- fieldworker — Also, field work. work done in the field, as research, exploration, surveying, or interviewing: archaeological fieldwork.
12 letter words starting with fie
- field-effect — designating or of an electronic component or device, esp. a transistor, controlled by an external electric field
- field-holler — a cry employing falsetto, portamento, and sudden changes of pitch, used in African-American work songs, later integrated into the techniques of the blues
- fiendishness — The quality of being fiendish.
- field-effect transistor — a transistor in which the output current is varied by varying the value of an electric field within a region of the device. Abbreviation: FET.
13 letter words starting with fie
14 letter words starting with fie
- field-to-wheel — relating to all phases of biofuel production and use from growing to combustion
- fiery-tempered — easily angered
- field-emission microscope — a device in which electrons liberated by field emission are accelerated toward a fluorescent screen to form a magnified image of the emitting surface.
18 letter words starting with fie
- field-programmable gate array — (hardware) (FPGA) A gate array where the logic network can be programmed into the device after its manufacture. An FPGA consists of an array of logic elements, either gates or lookup table RAMs, flip-flops and programmable interconnect wiring. Most FPGAs are reprogrammable, since their logic functions and interconnect are defined by RAM cells. The Xilinx LCA, Altera FLEX and AT&T ORCA devices are examples. Others can only be programmed once, by closing "antifuses". These retain their programming permanently. The Actel FPGAs are the leading example of such devices. Atmel FPGAs are currently (July 1997) the only ones in which part of the array can be reprogrammed while other parts are active. As of 1994, FPGAs have logic capacity up to 10K to 20K 2-input-NAND-equivalent gates, up to about 200 I/O pins and can run at clock rates of 50 MHz or more. FPGA designs must be prepared using CAD software tools, usually provided by the chip vendor, to do technology mapping, partitioning and placement, routing, and binary output. The resulting binary can be programmed into a ROM connected to the FPGA or downloaded to the FPGA from a connected computer. In addition to ordinary logic applications, FPGAs have enabled the development of logic emulators. There is also research on using FPGAs as computing devices, taking direct advantage of their reconfigurability into problem-specific hardware processors.
On this page, we collect all words starting with FIE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 159 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with FIE. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.