Words starting with fi
2 letter words starting with fi
- fi — the solmization syllable used for the semitone between the fourth and fifth degrees of a scale.
3 letter words starting with fi
4 letter words starting with fi
- fiat — an authoritative decree, sanction, or order: a royal fiat. Synonyms: authorization, directive, ruling, mandate, diktat, ukase.
- fica — Federal Insurance Contributions Act
- fice — Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S. a small mongrel dog, especially one that is ill-tempered; cur; mutt.
- fico — fig1 (def 4).
- fide — in bad faith; not genuine.
5 letter words starting with fi
- fiber — a fine, threadlike piece, as of cotton, jute, or asbestos.
- fibr- — fibro-
- fibre — a fine, threadlike piece, as of cotton, jute, or asbestos.
- fibro — (uncountable) a building material consisting of fibres and cement pressed in to sheets.
- fices — Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S. a small mongrel dog, especially one that is ill-tempered; cur; mutt.
6 letter words starting with fi
- fiacre — a small horse-drawn carriage.
- fiance — a man engaged to be married. Synonyms: future groom, future husband, future spouse, betrothed.
- fianna — a legendary band of Irish warriors noted for their heroic exploits, attributed to the 2nd and 3rd centuries ad
- fiasco — a complete and ignominious failure.
- fibber — a small or trivial lie; minor falsehood.
7 letter words starting with fi
- fiancee — a woman engaged to be married.
- fibbing — a small or trivial lie; minor falsehood.
- fibered — (of plaster) having an admixture of hair or fiber.
- fibiger — Johannes Andreas Grib [yoh-hah-nis ahn-dre-ahs greeb] /yoʊˈhɑ nɪs ɑnˈdrɛ ɑs grib/ (Show IPA), 1867–1928, Danish pathologist: Nobel Prize in Medicine 1926.
- fibroid — resembling fiber or fibrous tissue.
8 letter words starting with fi
9 letter words starting with fi
- fiberfill — synthetic fibers, as polyester, used as a filling or insulating material for pillows, cushions, comforters, winter garments, etc.
- fiberglas — finespun filaments of glass made into yarn that is woven into textiles, used in woolly masses as insulation, and pressed and molded as plastic material
- fibonacci — Leonardo (leoˈnardo), also called Leonardo of Pisa. ?1170–?1250, Italian mathematician: popularized the decimal system in Europe
- fibrefill — a synthetic fibre used as a filling for pillows, quilted materials, etc
- fibriform — of the form of a fiber or fibers.
10 letter words starting with fi
- fianchetto — the development of a bishop, in an opening move, by advancing one or two pawns so as to permit movement along the bishop's diagonal.
- fiberboard — a building material made of wood or other plant fibers compressed and cemented into rigid sheets.
- fiberglass — a material consisting of extremely fine filaments of glass that are combined in yarn and woven into fabrics, used in masses as a thermal and acoustical insulator, or embedded in various resins to make boat hulls, fishing rods, and the like.
- fiberoptic — of or relating to instruments utilizing fiber optics.
- fiberscope — an optical instrument consisting of a fiber bundle with an objective lens at one end and an eyepiece at the other, for viewing objects not accessible to direct viewing.
11 letter words starting with fi
- fibrillated — to cause to undergo fibrillation.
- fibrocement — (formerly) cement combined with asbestos fibre, used esp in sheets for building
- fibrocystic — showing or having the increased fibrosis associated with dilated glandular structure, as in the breast nodules of fibrocystic disease.
- fibronectin — a fibrous protein that binds to collagen, fibrin, and other proteins and also to the cell membranes, functioning as an anchor and connector.
- fibroplasia — the formation of fibrous tissue.
12 letter words starting with fi
13 letter words starting with fi
- fibromuscular — (anatomy) Of or pertaining to both fibrous and muscular tissue.
- fibrovascular — composed of fibrous and conductive tissue, as in the vascular systems of higher plants: a fibrovascular bundle.
- fickle-minded — (of a person) prone to casual change; inconstant.
- fictionalized — to make into fiction; give a somewhat imaginative or fictional version of: to fictionalize a biography.
- fiddle-de-dee — an exclamation of impatience, disbelief, or disagreement
14 letter words starting with fi
- fibrinopeptide — (protein) A polypeptide fragment, cleaved from fibrinogen by thrombin, that combines to form fibrin during blood-clotting.
- fibroadenomata — a benign tumor originating from glandular tissue, as in the female breast.
- fibrocartilage — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
- fichtelgebirge — a mountain range in E central Germany, near the Czech border. Highest peak, Schneeberg, 3447 feet (1051 meters).
- fideicommissum — a request by a decedent that the heir or legatee to the estate convey a specified part of the estate to another person, or permit another person to enjoy such a part.
15 letter words starting with fi
- fideicommissary — the recipient of a fideicommissum.
- fight-or-flight — denoting instinctive response
- finger-pointing — the imputation of blame or responsibility.
- fight-or-flight reaction — the response of the sympathetic nervous system to a stressful event, preparing the body to fight or flee, associated with the adrenal secretion of epinephrine and characterized by increased heart rate, increased blood flow to the brain and muscles, raised sugar levels, sweaty palms and soles, dilated pupils, and erect hairs.
- fight-or-flight response — the response of the sympathetic nervous system to a stressful event, preparing the body to fight or flee, associated with the adrenal secretion of epinephrine and characterized by increased heart rate, increased blood flow to the brain and muscles, raised sugar levels, sweaty palms and soles, dilated pupils, and erect hairs.
16 letter words starting with fi
17 letter words starting with fi
- fire-extinguisher — a portable container, usually filled with special chemicals for putting out a fire.
18 letter words starting with fi
19 letter words starting with fi
- fighter-interceptor — a fighter plane used for the defense of a region against air attack, especially by attacking bombers.
On this page, we collect all words starting with FI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2241 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with FI. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.