Words starting with ferr
5 letter words starting with ferr
- ferry — a commercial service with terminals and boats for transporting persons, automobiles, etc., across a river or other comparatively small body of water.
- ferry bridge — transporter bridge.
- ferry company — a company that operates a ferry or ferries
- ferry crossing — the act or instance of travelling across the sea by ferry
- ferry operator — a company that operates a ferry or ferries
6 letter words starting with ferr
- ferrar — Nicholas. 1592–1637, English mystic. He founded (1625) an Anglican religious community at Little Gidding, Huntingdonshire
- ferret — a narrow tape or ribbon, as of silk or cotton, used for binding, trimming, etc.
- ferri- — indicating the presence of iron, esp in the trivalent state
- ferric — of or containing iron, especially in the trivalent state.
- ferro- — indicating a property of iron or the presence of iron
7 letter words starting with ferr
- ferrara — a city in N Italy, near the Po River: medieval university and cathedral.
- ferrari — Enzo (ˈɛntso). 1898–1988, Italian designer and manufacturer of racing cars
- ferraro — Geraldine Anne ("Gerry") 1935–2011, U.S. politician: congresswoman 1978–84; first woman chosen as the vice-presidential nominee of a major political party 1984.
- ferrate — a salt of the hypothetical ferric acid, H 2 FeO 4 .
- ferrero — Guglielmo [goo-lyel-maw] /guˈlyɛl mɔ/ (Show IPA), 1871–1942, Italian historian and sociologist.
8 letter words starting with ferr
9 letter words starting with ferr
- ferreting — a domesticated, usually red-eyed, and albinic variety of the polecat, used in Europe for driving rabbits and rats from their burrows.
- ferriages — Plural form of ferriage.
- ferrocene — Also called dicyclopentadienyliron. an orange, crystalline, water-insoluble coordination compound, (C 5 H 5) 2 Fe, having a camphorlike odor: used chiefly as an antiknock agent for gasoline and as a catalyst. Compare metallocene.
- ferrogram — a slide prepared to illustrate the suspended iron particles in the lubricant of a machine
- ferrotype — to put a glossy surface on (a print) by pressing, while wet, on a metal sheet (ferrotype tin)
10 letter words starting with ferr
- ferredoxin — any of a group of red-brown proteins containing iron and sulfur and acting as an electron carrier during photosynthesis, nitrogen fixation, or oxidation-reduction reactions.
- ferroalloy — an alloy of iron with some element other than carbon, used to introduce the element in the manufacture of steel.
- ferrofluid — A fluid containing a magnetic suspension.
- ferrograms — plural of Ferrogram
- ferroniere — jewel, on a chain, worn on the forehead
11 letter words starting with ferr
- ferredoxins — Plural form of ferredoxin.
- ferricyanic — (inorganic chemistry) Of, pertaining to, or derived from a ferricyanide.
- ferriferous — producing or yielding iron: ferriferous rock.
- ferrimagnet — (physics) Any ferrimagnetic material.
- ferroalloys — Plural form of ferroalloy.
12 letter words starting with ferr
- ferricyanide — a salt of ferricyanic acid, as potassium ferricyanide, K 3 Fe(CN) 6 .
- ferrocyanide — a salt of ferrocyanic acid, as potassium ferrocyanide, K 4 Fe(CN) 6 .
- ferrofluidic — Of or pertaining to a ferrofluid.
- ferrokinesis — (parapsychology) The ability to mentally manipulate iron and other metals.
- ferroniobium — An important alloy of iron and niobium.
13 letter words starting with ferr
- ferricyanogen — (chemistry) A hexavalent radical, Fe2(CN)12, a compound of cyanogen and iron in the ferric state.
- ferrimagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance, as a ferrite, in which the magnetic moments of some neighboring atoms point in opposite directions, with a net magnetization still resulting because of differences in magnitudes of the opposite moments.
- ferroaluminum — a ferroalloy containing up to 80 percent aluminum.
- ferrochromium — a ferroalloy containing up to 70 percent chromium.
- ferroconcrete — reinforced concrete.
14 letter words starting with ferr
- ferrimagnetism — (physics) a form of antiferromagnetism in which some magnetization remains below a critical temperature (the Neel temperature).
- ferroelectrics — Plural form of ferroelectric.
- ferromagnesian — (of minerals and rocks) containing iron and magnesium.
- ferromagnetism — noting or pertaining to a substance, as iron, that below a certain temperature, the Curie point, can possess magnetization in the absence of an external magnetic field; noting or pertaining to a substance in which the magnetic moments of the atoms are aligned.
- ferromanganese — a ferroalloy containing up to 90 percent manganese.
15 letter words starting with ferr
- ferrihemoglobin — methemoglobin.
- ferroelasticity — (physics) A phenomenon, analogous to ferromagnetism and ferroelectricity, in which spontaneous strain arises within a material.
- ferromolybdenum — a ferroalloy containing up to 60 percent molybdenum.
16 letter words starting with ferr
- ferroelectricity — (physics) The electric polarization of a substance (spontaneous presence of a dipole moment) that is analagous to ferromagnetism.
17 letter words starting with ferr
- ferrimagnetically — In a ferrimagnetic manner.
On this page, we collect all words starting with FERR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 116 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with FERR. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.