Words starting with far
3 letter words starting with far
- far — at or to a great distance; a long way off; at or to a remote point: We sailed far ahead of the fleet.
- far afield — a long distance away
- far and away — at or to a great distance; a long way off; at or to a remote point: We sailed far ahead of the fleet.
- far and near — at or to a great distance; a long way off; at or to a remote point: We sailed far ahead of the fleet.
- far and wide — at or to a great distance; a long way off; at or to a remote point: We sailed far ahead of the fleet.
4 letter words starting with far
- farb — (US) A historical reenactor (especially a US civil war reenactor) whose efforts at a historically accurate portrayal are, in the opinion of the speaker, inadequate. (For example, wearing a modern wristwatch with period costume.) The opposite of farb is \"hard-core\" (or hardcore), someone who is, in the opinion of the speaker, an \"authenticity fanatic\".
- farc — Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia, Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, a Marxist revolutionary guerrilla force engaging in armed struggle against the government of Colombia
- fard — facial cosmetics.
- fare — the price of conveyance or passage in a bus, train, airplane, or other vehicle.
- fark — (Australia, NZ, vulgar) eye dialect of fucktrue, used to express surprise, etc.
5 letter words starting with far
- farad — the standard unit of capacitance in the International System of Units (SI), formally defined to be the capacitance of a capacitor between the plates of which there appears a potential difference of one volt when it is charged by a quantity of electricity equal to one coulomb. Symbol: F.
- farah — Sir Mo(hamed). born 1983, British long-distance runner, born in Somalia: winner of the 5000 metres and the 10,000 metres at the 2012 and 2016 Olympics
- farce — a light, humorous play in which the plot depends upon a skillfully exploited situation rather than upon the development of character.
- farci — filled with with seasoned bread crumbs or other savory matter; stuffed.
- farcy — a form of glanders chiefly affecting the skin and superficial lymphatic vessels of horses and mules.
6 letter words starting with far
- farads — Plural form of farad.
- farage — Nigel (Paul). born 1964, British politician; leader of UKIP (2006–09 and 2010–2016); member of the European Parliament from 1999
- farand — (UK dialectal) Fashioned; conditioned; seeming; having a specified disposition.
- farced — Simple past tense and past participle of farce.
- farces — Plural form of farce.
7 letter words starting with far
- far-off — distant; remote.
- far-out — unconventional; offbeat; avant-garde.
- faraday — Michael, 1791–1867, English physicist and chemist: discoverer of electromagnetic induction.
- faradic — of or relating to a discontinuous, asymmetric, alternating current from the secondary winding of an induction coil.
- faraway — distant; remote: faraway lands.
8 letter words starting with far
- far-gone — remote.
- faradise — /far'*-di:z/ [US Geological Survey] To start any hyper-addictive process or trend, or to continue adding current to such a trend. Telling one user about a new octo-tetris game you compiled would be a faradising act - in two weeks you might find your entire department playing the faradic game.
- faradism — to stimulate or treat (muscles or nerves) with induced alternating electric current (distinguished from galvanize).
- faradize — to stimulate or treat (muscles or nerves) with induced alternating electric current (distinguished from galvanize).
- farceurs — Plural form of farceur.
9 letter words starting with far
- far-famed — widely known; famous.
- far-flung — extending over a great distance.
- far-point — the point farthest from the eye at which an object is clearly focused on the retina when accommodation of the eye is completely relaxed.
- farandine — a cloth made from silk and wool (or silk and hair)
- farandole — a lively dance, of Provençal origin, in which all the dancers join hands and execute various figures.
10 letter words starting with far
11 letter words starting with far
- far-fetched — improbable; not naturally pertinent; being only remotely connected; forced; strained: He brought in a far-fetched example in an effort to prove his point.
- far-sighted — seeing objects at a distance more clearly than those near at hand; hyperopic.
- farawayness — the state of being faraway
- farcicality — pertaining to or of the nature of farce.
- fare-beater — a person who illegally avoids paying a fare, as by entering a public bus through the exit door.
12 letter words starting with far
- far-reaching — extending far in influence, effect, etc.: the far-reaching effect of his speech.
- faradization — to stimulate or treat (muscles or nerves) with induced alternating electric current (distinguished from galvanize).
- farcicalness — The property of being farcical.
- fardel-bound — (of ruminants) having the food impacted in the third compartment of the stomach; costive; constipated.
- fare-dodging — the practice of trying to travel on public transport without paying the fare
13 letter words starting with far
14 letter words starting with far
- fare-thee-well — a state of perfection: The meal was done to a fare-thee-well.
- farfetchedness — the quality of being far-fetched
- farmer-general — (in France, under the old monarchy) a member of a company of capitalists that farmed certain taxes.
- farsightedness — seeing objects at a distance more clearly than those near at hand; hyperopic.
- farthingsworth — the amount that can be bought with a farthing; a small amount
18 letter words starting with far
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
19 letter words starting with far
- farnesyltransferase — One of the three enzymes in the prenyltransferase group, believed to play an important role in development of progeria and various cancers.
On this page, we collect all words starting with FAR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 274 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with FAR. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.