Words starting with di
2 letter words starting with di
3 letter words starting with di
4 letter words starting with di
- dia- — through, throughout, or during
- dial — A dial is the part of a machine or instrument such as a clock or watch which shows you the time or a measurement that has been recorded.
- dias — Bartholomeu (ˌbərtuluˈmeu). ?1450–1500, Portuguese navigator who discovered the sea route from Europe to the East via the Cape of Good Hope (1488)
- diaz — Cameron. born 1972, US film actress; films include The Mask (1994), There's Something About Mary (1998), and Gangs of New York (2003)
- dibs — If someone has dibs on something, or if they have first dibs on it, they have the right to have it before anyone else.
5 letter words starting with di
- diag. — diagram
- diam. — diameter
- diana — the virginal Roman goddess of the hunt and the moon
- diane — a feminine name: dim. Di; var. Dianne
- diary — A diary is a book which has a separate space for each day of the year. You use a diary to write down things you plan to do, or to record what happens in your life day by day.
6 letter words starting with di
- diable — a type of brown sauce, typically made with wine, shallots, vinegar, herbs, and black and/or cayenne pepper
- diablo — Spanish for “devil.”.
- diacid — (of a salt or acid) containing two acidic hydrogen atoms
- diadem — A diadem is a small crown with precious stones in it.
- diadic — Misspelling of dyadic.
7 letter words starting with di
- diabase — an altered dolerite
- diabolo — a game in which one throws and catches a spinning top on a cord fastened to two sticks held in the hands
- diagram — A diagram is a simple drawing which consists mainly of lines and is used, for example, to explain how a machine works.
- dial-up — A dial-up connection to the Internet is a connection that uses a modem and a conventional telephone line.
- dialect — A dialect is a form of a language that is spoken in a particular area.
8 letter words starting with di
- diabatic — occurring with an exchange of heat (opposed to adiabatic): a diabatic process.
- diabelli — Antonio [ahn-toh-nee-oh] /ɑnˈtoʊ niˌoʊ/ (Show IPA), 1781–1858, Austrian composer and music publisher.
- diabetes — Diabetes is a medical condition in which someone has too much sugar in their blood.
- diabetic — Diabetic is also an adjective.
- diabolic — Diabolic is used to describe things that people think are caused by or belong to the Devil.
9 letter words starting with di
- diablerie — magic or witchcraft connected with devils
- diabolism — activities designed to enlist the aid of devils, esp in witchcraft or sorcery
- diabolist — Theology. action aided or caused by the devil; sorcery; witchcraft. the character or condition of a devil. a doctrine concerning devils. a belief in or worship of devils.
- diabolize — to make (someone or something) diabolical
- diacetate — (chemistry) Any salt or ester having two acetate groups.
10 letter words starting with di
- diabolical — If you describe something as diabolical, you are emphasizing that it is very bad, extreme, or unpleasant.
- diacaustic — (of a caustic curve or surface) formed by refracted light rays
- diachronic — of, relating to, or studying the development of a phenomenon through time; historical
- diaconicon — (in church architecture) a room where things used during the church service are stored, such as vestments; sacristy
- diadromous — of or possessing a leaf venation in the shape of a fan
11 letter words starting with di
- diachronism — the passage of a geological formation across time planes, as occurs when a marine sediment laid down by an advancing sea is noticeably younger in the direction of advancement
- diacritical — of or relating to a diacritic
- diadelphous — (of stamens) having united filaments so that they are arranged in two groups
- diagnosable — to determine the identity of (a disease, illness, etc.) by a medical examination: The doctor diagnosed the illness as influenza.
- diagnosis's — Medicine/Medical. the process of determining by examination the nature and circumstances of a diseased condition. the decision reached from such an examination. Abbreviation: Dx.
12 letter words starting with di
- diabetogenic — causing or producing diabetes
- diabolically — having the qualities of a devil; devilish; fiendish; outrageously wicked: a diabolic plot.
- diageotropic — (of a plant part) growing at a right angle to the direction of gravity.
- diagrammatic — Something that is in diagrammatic form is arranged or drawn as a diagram.
- dialectician — an expert in dialectic; logician
13 letter words starting with di
- diabetologist — a person who studies diabetes
- diageotropism — a diatropic response of plant parts, such as rhizomes, to the stimulus of gravity
- diagnosticate — (archaic, transitive) To make a diagnosis of; to recognise (a disease or similar) by its symptoms.
- diagnostician — a specialist or expert in making diagnoses
- dialectically — of, relating to, or of the nature of logical argumentation.
14 letter words starting with di
- diadokokinesia — the normal ability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- diadokokinesis — the normal ability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- diagnostically — of, relating to, or used in diagnosis.
- diagrammatical — in the form of a diagram; graphic; outlined.
- dialectologist — a specialist in dialectology.
15 letter words starting with di
- diadochokinesia — the normal ability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- diadochokinesis — the normal ability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- diaphototropism — growth of a plant or plant part in a direction transverse to that of the light
- diastereoisomer — a type of isomer that differs in the spatial arrangement of atoms in the molecule, but is not a mirror image; a stereoisomer that is not an enantiomer
- dichlorobenzene — any of a group of three insoluble isomeric chemical compounds used in solvents, insecticides, and dyes
16 letter words starting with di
- diacetylmorphine — heroin.
- diagrammatically — in the form of a diagram; graphic; outlined.
- diesel-hydraulic — a locomotive driven by a diesel engine through hydraulic transmission and torque converters
- diethyltoluamide — a liquid, C 12 H 17 NO, used as an insect repellent and resin solvent.
- dihydroxyacetone — (organic compound) The compound CO(CH2OH)2 that has a number of industrial uses.
17 letter words starting with di
- diethyltryptamine — a synthetic derivative of tryptamine with hallucinogenic and psychotogenic effects. Abbreviation: DET.
- dihydroergotamine — an ergot alkaloid, C 33 H 37 N 5 O 5 , used in the treatment of various types of migraine headache.
- dihydromorphinone — a narcotic compound, C 17 H 19 O 3 N, prepared from morphine and used chiefly as an analgesic.
- dimethylformamide — a colourless liquid widely used as a solvent and sometimes as a catalyst. Formula: (CH3)2NCHO
- dimethylhydrazine — a flammable, highly toxic, and colorless liquid, C 2 H 8 N 2 , used as a component in jet and rocket fuels.
18 letter words starting with di
- diethylstilbestrol — a nonsteroidal synthetic estrogen, C 18 H 20 O 2 , used in medicine chiefly in the treatment of menopausal symptoms and in animal feeds for chemical caponization: formerly used during pregnancy for the prevention of miscarriage but discontinued owing to its association with an increased risk of vaginal and cervical cancers in women having had fetal exposure. Abbreviation: DES.
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
- dimethylsulphoxide — a colourless odourless liquid substance used as a solvent and in medicine as an agent to improve the penetration of drugs applied to the skin. Formula: (CH3)2SO
- dimethyltryptamine — a hallucinogenic drug, C 12 H 16 N 2 , with an action of short duration. Abbreviation: DMT.
- dicyclopentadienyl metal — ferrocene (def 2).
19 letter words starting with di
- diethylaminoethanol — a colorless, hygroscopic, water-soluble liquid, C 6 H 15 NO, used for the synthesis of local anesthetics, in antirust compounds, and in photographic emulsions.
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- dihydrotestosterone — (steroid) An androgenic metabolite of testosterone; used to treat certain breast cancers.
- dimethylnitrosamine — a yellow, water-soluble carcinogenic liquid, C 2 H 6 N 2 O, found in tobacco smoke and certain foods: known to be a potent carcinogen. Abbreviation: DMN, DMNA.
20 letter words starting with di
- dimethylanthranilate — a colorless or pale-yellow liquid, C 9 H 11 NO 2 , having a grape odor: used chiefly in perfumes, flavorings, and drugs.
21 letter words starting with di
22 letter words starting with di
23 letter words starting with di
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words starting with di
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
31 letter words starting with di
On this page, we collect all words starting with DI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4978 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with DI. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.