Words starting with da
2 letter words starting with da
- da — from; of (used in Italian and Portuguese personal names, originally to indicate place of origin): Lorenzo da Ponte; Vasco da Gama.
- da capo — to be repeated (in whole or part) from the beginning
- da gama — ˈVasco1460-1524; Port. navigator: discovered the sea route around Africa to India
- da nang — a port in central Vietnam, on the South China Sea. Pop: 448 000 (2005 est)
- da ponte — Lorenzo (loˈrɛntso), real name Emmanuele Conegliano 1749–1838, Italian writer; Mozart's librettist for The Marriage of Figaro (1786), Don Giovanni (1787), and Così fan tutte (1790)
3 letter words starting with da
- dab — DAB is the transmission of digital stereo over conventional radio channels. DAB is an abbreviation for 'digital audio broadcasting'.
- dad — Your dad is your father. You can call your dad 'Dad'.
- dae — Dictionary of American English
- dag — to cut the daglock away from (a sheep)
- dah — the long sound used in combination with the short sound dit, in the spoken representation of Morse and other telegraphic codes
4 letter words starting with da
- dabs — fingerprints
- dace — A dace is a type of fish that lives in rivers and lakes.
- dack — to remove the trousers from (someone) by force
- dada — a nihilistic artistic movement of the early 20th century in W Europe and the US, founded on principles of irrationality, incongruity, and irreverence towards accepted aesthetic criteria
- dadd — Richard. 1817–86, British painter of mythological and fairy scenes. He was committed to an asylum for patricide
5 letter words starting with da
6 letter words starting with da
- dabbed — to pat or tap gently, as with something soft or moist: The child dabbed his eyes with the handkerchief.
- dabber — a pad used by printers for applying ink by hand
- dabble — If you dabble in something, you take part in it but not very seriously.
- daboia — A large, venomous Asiatic viper of the genus Daboia.
- dachas — Plural form of dacha.
7 letter words starting with da
- dabbers — Plural form of dabber.
- dabbing — a quick or light blow; a pat, as with the hand or something soft.
- dabbled — to play and splash in or as if in water, especially with the hands.
- dabbler — to play and splash in or as if in water, especially with the hands.
- dabbles — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of dabble.
8 letter words starting with da
- dabblers — Plural form of dabbler.
- dabbling — the fact of being involved in an activity in a frivolous or superficial way
- dabchick — any of several small grebes of the genera Podiceps and Podilymbus, such as Podiceps ruficollis of the Old World
- dabsters — Plural form of dabster.
- dactylic — of, relating to, or having a dactyl
9 letter words starting with da
- dabchicks — Plural form of dabchick.
- dachshund — A dachshund is a small dog that has very short legs, a long body, and long ears.
- dacquoise — a cake with nut meringue layers and buttercream
- dactylics — Plural form of dactylic.
- dadaistic — the style and techniques of a group of artists, writers, etc., of the early 20th century who exploited accidental and incongruous effects in their work and who programmatically challenged established canons of art, thought, morality, etc.
10 letter words starting with da
11 letter words starting with da
- dacarbazine — a toxic, light-sensitive powder, C 6 H 10 N 6 O, used in the treatment of Hodgkin's disease and metastatic malignant melanoma.
- dacryorrhea — excessive flow of tears.
- dactylogram — a fingerprint
- dactylology — the method of using manual sign language, as in communicating with deaf people
- dactylonomy — The use of one's fingers to express numbers.
12 letter words starting with da
- dactinomycin — a cytotoxic polypeptide, C 62 H 86 N 12 O 16 , isolated from the bacterium Streptomyces parvullus, used in the treatment of certain cancers.
- dactyloscopy — the analysis of fingerprints for the purpose of identification
- dactylozooid — (zoology) A kind of zooid of Siphonophora with an elongated or even vermiform body, with one tentacle, but no mouth.
- daguerrotype — Misspelling of daguerreotype.
- daisy-cutter — Sports Slang. a batted or served ball that skims along near the ground.
13 letter words starting with da
- dactylography — the scientific study of fingerprints for purposes of identification
- dactylomegaly — abnormal enlargement of the fingers or toes.
- dactylozooids — Plural form of dactylozooid.
- daguerreotype — one of the earliest photographic processes, in which the image was produced on iodine-sensitized silver and developed in mercury vapour
- daguerreotypy — The art or technique of producing daguerreotypes.
14 letter words starting with da
- dacryoadenitis — Inflammation of the lacrimal glands.
- dactylographer — the study of fingerprints for purposes of identification.
- daddy-longlegs — Also called harvestman. any of numerous spiderlike arachnids of the order Opiliones, having a compact rounded body and extremely long, slender legs.
- daffadowndilly — a daffodil
- daguerreotypes — Plural form of daguerreotype.
15 letter words starting with da
- daguerreotyping — Present participle of daguerreotype.
- daguerreotypist — an obsolete photographic process, invented in 1839, in which a picture made on a silver surface sensitized with iodine was developed by exposure to mercury vapor.
- daughter-in-law — Someone's daughter-in-law is the wife of their son.
- davisson-germer experiment — an experiment that verified the wave properties of matter by showing that a beam of electrons is diffracted by a crystal at an angle dependent upon the velocity of the electrons.
- daylight-saving time — the civil time observed when daylight saving is adopted in a country or community.
16 letter words starting with da
- dacryocystectomy — The surgical removal of a part of the lacrimal sac.
21 letter words starting with da
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
23 letter words starting with da
- dacryocystorhinostomies — Plural form of dacryocystorhinostomy.
On this page, we collect all words starting with DA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1520 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with DA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.