Words starting with counter
7 letter words starting with counter
- counter — In a place such as a shop or café, a counter is a long narrow table or flat surface at which customers are served.
- counter check — a check available at a bank for the use of depositors in making withdrawals, orig. kept in supply on a counter
- counter electromotive force — an electromotive force that is created by a chemical or magnetic effect upon a circuit and that acts in opposition to the applied electromotive force of the circuit.
- counter hand — a person who works behind a counter; assistant
- counter image — the point or set of points in the domain of a function corresponding to a given point or set of points in the range of the function.
8 letter words starting with counter
9 letter words starting with counter
- countered — in the wrong way; contrary to the right course; in the reverse or opposite direction.
10 letter words starting with counter
- counteract — To counteract something means to reduce its effect by doing something that produces an opposite effect.
- counterair — (military) Attacking the air force of an opposing power.
- counterbid — A counterbid is a bid that is made in response to a bid from another person or group, offering the seller more advantages.
- counterbug — (humour) A bug used as a relpy to refute another person's bug report, as in "counterargument".
- countercry — a cry responding to another cry
11 letter words starting with counter
- counter-ion — an ion in solution that associates itself with an ion of opposite charge on the surface of a member of a solute.
- counter-pin — bedspread.
- counteracts — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of counteract.
- counterbase — a double bass
- counterbids — Plural form of counterbid.
12 letter words starting with counter
- counter-fact — a conditional statement the first clause of which expresses something contrary to fact, as “If I had known.”.
- counter-raid — a sudden assault or attack, as upon something to be seized or suppressed: a police raid on a gambling ring.
- counter-turn — (in figure skating) a one-foot turn
- counter-view — an opposing or contrasting opinion.
- counter-word — a word, often of short-lived popularity, widely used as an almost meaningless, automatic response.
13 letter words starting with counter
- counter-argue — to present reasons for or against a thing: He argued in favor of capital punishment.
- counter-order — an order which revokes a previous order
- counter-power — ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.
- counter-trend — the general course or prevailing tendency; drift: trends in the teaching of foreign languages; the trend of events.
- counteractant — to act in opposition to; frustrate by contrary action.
14 letter words starting with counter
- counter-attack — If you counter-attack, you attack someone who has attacked you.
- counter-boulle — contre-partie.
- counter-demand — to ask for with proper authority; claim as a right: He demanded payment of the debt.
- counter-gambit — a countermove
- counter-thrust — to push forcibly; shove; put or drive with force: He thrust his way through the crowd. She thrust a dagger into his back.
15 letter words starting with counter
- counter-culture — Counter-culture is a set of values, ideas, and ways of behaving that are completely different from those of the rest of society.
- counter-measure — A counter-measure is an action that you take in order to weaken the effect of another action or a situation, or to make it harmless.
- counter-sinking — to enlarge the upper part of (a cavity), especially by chamfering, to receive the cone-shaped head of a screw, bolt, etc.
- counteractingly — In a way that counteracts.
- counteractively — In a counteractive manner.
16 letter words starting with counter
- counter-argument — A counter-argument is an argument that makes an opposing point to another argument.
- counter-checking — a check that opposes or restrains.
- counter-instance — a case or occurrence of anything: fresh instances of oppression.
- counter-petition — a formally drawn request, often bearing the names of a number of those making the request, that is addressed to a person or group of persons in authority or power, soliciting some favor, right, mercy, or other benefit: a petition for clemency; a petition for the repeal of an unfair law.
- counter-reaction — a reverse movement or tendency; an action in a reverse direction or manner.
17 letter words starting with counter
- counter-complaint — an expression of discontent, regret, pain, censure, resentment, or grief; lament; faultfinding: his complaint about poor schools.
- counter-espionage — Counter-espionage is the same as counter-intelligence.
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
- counter-migration — a migration in the opposite direction.
- counter-signature — a signature added by way of countersigning.
18 letter words starting with counter
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- counter-productive — Something that is counter-productive achieves the opposite result from the one that you want to achieve.
- counter-revolution — A counter-revolution is a revolution that is intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
19 letter words starting with counter
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- counterconditioning — the conditioning of a response that is incompatible with some previously learned response; for example, in psychotherapy an anxious person might be taught relaxation, which is incompatible with anxiety
20 letter words starting with counter
- counter-inflationary — designed to reduce inflation
- counter-intelligence — Counter-intelligence consists of actions that a country takes in order to find out whether another country is spying on it and to prevent it from doing so.
- counterdemonstration — a demonstration that is held in reaction to another demonstration
- counterproliferation — Action intended to prevent an increase or spread in the possession of nuclear weapons.
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
21 letter words starting with counter
22 letter words starting with counter
On this page, we collect all words starting with COUNTER. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 394 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with COUNTER. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.