Words starting with coun
4 letter words starting with coun
- coun — Abbreviation of council.
5 letter words starting with coun
- count — A Count is a European nobleman with the same rank as an English earl.
- count against — If something counts against you, it may cause you to be rejected or punished, or cause people to have a lower opinion of you.
- count down — to check over (the separate units or groups of a collection) one by one to determine the total number; add up; enumerate: He counted his tickets and found he had ten.
- count for — to check over (the separate units or groups of a collection) one by one to determine the total number; add up; enumerate: He counted his tickets and found he had ten.
- count in — If you tell someone to count you in, you mean that you want to be included in an activity.
6 letter words starting with coun
- counts — Plural form of count.
- county — A county is a region of Britain, Ireland, or the USA which has its own local government.
- county agent — a government employee who gives advice on agriculture in a rural area
- county board — the governing body of a U.S. county consisting usually of three or more elected members.
- county borough — (in England and Wales from 1888 to 1974 and in Wales from 1996) a borough administered independently of any higher tier of local government
7 letter words starting with coun
- council — A council is a group of people who are elected to govern a local area such as a city or, in Britain, a county.
- counsel — Counsel is advice.
- counted — Simple past tense and past participle of count.
- counter — In a place such as a shop or café, a counter is a long narrow table or flat surface at which customers are served.
- country — A country is one of the political units which the world is divided into, covering a particular area of land.
8 letter words starting with coun
- councell — Obsolete spelling of council.
- councils — Plural form of council.
- counsell — Obsolete spelling of counsel.
- counsels — Plural form of counsel.
- counter- — Counter- is used to form words which refer to actions or activities that are intended to prevent other actions or activities or that respond to them.
9 letter words starting with coun
- councilor — A councilor is a member of a local council.
- counseled — advice; opinion or instruction given in directing the judgment or conduct of another.
- counselee — a person who is being professionally counseled
- counselor — A counselor is a person whose job is to give advice to people who need it, especially advice on their personal problems.
- countable — capable of being counted
10 letter words starting with coun
11 letter words starting with coun
- councillors — Plural form of councillor.
- councillour — Obsolete form of councillor.
- counselings — professional guidance in resolving personal conflicts and emotional problems.
- counsellers — Plural form of counseller.
- counselling — Counselling is advice which a therapist or other expert gives to someone about a particular problem.
12 letter words starting with coun
- councilmanic — of or relating to a councilman or councilwoman
- councilwoman — A councilwoman is a woman who is a member of a local council.
- councilwomen — Plural form of councilwoman.
- countability — the fact of being countable
- countenanced — appearance, especially the look or expression of the face: a sad countenance.
13 letter words starting with coun
- councilmember — a member of a council, especially a legislative council.
- councilperson — a member of a city or local legislative council.
- counselorship — The function and rank or office of a counselor.
- countenancing — appearance, especially the look or expression of the face: a sad countenance.
- counter-argue — to present reasons for or against a thing: He argued in favor of capital punishment.
14 letter words starting with coun
15 letter words starting with coun
- counter-culture — Counter-culture is a set of values, ideas, and ways of behaving that are completely different from those of the rest of society.
- counter-measure — A counter-measure is an action that you take in order to weaken the effect of another action or a situation, or to make it harmless.
- counter-sinking — to enlarge the upper part of (a cavity), especially by chamfering, to receive the cone-shaped head of a screw, bolt, etc.
- counteractingly — In a way that counteracts.
- counteractively — In a counteractive manner.
16 letter words starting with coun
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
- counter-argument — A counter-argument is an argument that makes an opposing point to another argument.
- counter-checking — a check that opposes or restrains.
- counter-instance — a case or occurrence of anything: fresh instances of oppression.
- counter-petition — a formally drawn request, often bearing the names of a number of those making the request, that is addressed to a person or group of persons in authority or power, soliciting some favor, right, mercy, or other benefit: a petition for clemency; a petition for the repeal of an unfair law.
17 letter words starting with coun
- counter-complaint — an expression of discontent, regret, pain, censure, resentment, or grief; lament; faultfinding: his complaint about poor schools.
- counter-espionage — Counter-espionage is the same as counter-intelligence.
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
- counter-migration — a migration in the opposite direction.
- counter-signature — a signature added by way of countersigning.
18 letter words starting with coun
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- counter-productive — Something that is counter-productive achieves the opposite result from the one that you want to achieve.
- counter-revolution — A counter-revolution is a revolution that is intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
19 letter words starting with coun
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- counterconditioning — the conditioning of a response that is incompatible with some previously learned response; for example, in psychotherapy an anxious person might be taught relaxation, which is incompatible with anxiety
20 letter words starting with coun
- counter-inflationary — designed to reduce inflation
- counter-intelligence — Counter-intelligence consists of actions that a country takes in order to find out whether another country is spying on it and to prevent it from doing so.
- counterdemonstration — a demonstration that is held in reaction to another demonstration
- counterproliferation — Action intended to prevent an increase or spread in the possession of nuclear weapons.
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
21 letter words starting with coun
22 letter words starting with coun
On this page, we collect all words starting with COUN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 585 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with COUN. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.