Words starting with cou
4 letter words starting with cou
5 letter words starting with cou
- couch — A couch is a long, comfortable seat for two or three people.
- coudé — relating to the construction of a reflecting telescope
- cough — When you cough, you force air out of your throat with a sudden, harsh noise. You often cough when you are ill, or when you are nervous or want to attract someone's attention.
- could — You use could to indicate that someone had the ability to do something. You use could not or couldn't to say that someone was unable to do something.
- count — A Count is a European nobleman with the same rank as an English earl.
6 letter words starting with cou
- coucal — any ground-living bird of the genus Centropus, of Africa, S Asia, and Australia, having long strong legs: family Cuculidae (cuckoos)
- couche — (of a shield) tilted
- cougan — a rowdy person, esp one who drinks large quantities of alcohol
- cougar — A cougar is a wild member of the cat family. Cougars have brownish-grey fur and live in mountain regions of North and South America.
- coughs — Plural form of cough.
7 letter words starting with cou
- cou-cou — a preparation of boiled corn meal and okras, stirred to a stiff consistency with a cou-cou stick, eaten in the Caribbean
- couched — a piece of furniture for seating from two to four people, typically in the form of a bench with a back, sometimes having an armrest at one or each end, and partly or wholly upholstered and often fitted with springs, tailored cushions, skirts, etc.; sofa.
- couchee — a reception held late at night, usually by the nobility or royalty
- coucher — the worker who transfers sheets of wet pulp to the couch.
- couches — Plural form of couch.
8 letter words starting with cou
- couchant — in a lying position
- couching — a method of embroidery in which the thread is caught down at intervals by another thread passed through the material from beneath
- coughers — Plural form of cougher.
- coughing — the action of expelling air or solid matter from the lungs abruptly and explosively through the partially closed vocal cords
- coughlin — Charles Edward ("Father Coughlin") 1891–1979, U.S. Roman Catholic priest, activist, radio broadcaster, and editor, born in Canada.
9 letter words starting with cou
- couchette — A couchette is a bed on a train or a boat which is folded against the wall or used as a seat during the day.
- couchings — the act of a person or thing that couches.
- coulibiac — a Russian dish of rich pastry with a filling of salmon or other fish and mushrooms, onions, egg, buckwheat, dill, etc.
- coulisses — Plural form of coulisse.
- coulombic — relating to the discoveries of Charles Augustin de Coulomb
10 letter words starting with cou
- couch-surf — to stay overnight in someone’s else’s home while traveling: He couch-surfed at the houses of strangers and friends.
- couchettes — Plural form of couchette.
- coulometer — an electrolytic cell for measuring the magnitude of an electric charge by determining the total amount of decomposition resulting from the passage of the charge through the cell
- coulometry — a method used in quantitative analysis, whereby the amount of a substance set free or deposited during electrolysis is determined by measuring the number of coulombs that passed through the electrolyte.
- coulterneb — The puffin.
11 letter words starting with cou
- couch-grass — any of various grasses, especially Agropyron repens, known chiefly as troublesome weeds and characterized by creeping rootstocks that spread rapidly.
- coude-focus — a telescope in which light from the primary mirror is reflected along the polar axis to additional mirrors, and in which the focus (coudé focus) is independent of the telescope's motion, permitting the use of heavy instruments without disturbing the delicate balance of the telescope.
- coulometric — (physics, chemistry) of, or relating to coulometry.
- councillors — Plural form of councillor.
- councillour — Obsolete form of councillor.
12 letter words starting with cou
- couchsurfing — Couchsurfing is the practice of sleeping at the houses of several different people for a period of time without paying.
- coulrophobia — an abnormal fear of clowns.
- councilmanic — of or relating to a councilman or councilwoman
- councilwoman — A councilwoman is a woman who is a member of a local council.
- councilwomen — Plural form of councilwoman.
13 letter words starting with cou
- couch-hopping — to stay overnight in someone’s else’s home while traveling: He couch-surfed at the houses of strangers and friends.
- councilmember — a member of a council, especially a legislative council.
- councilperson — a member of a city or local legislative council.
- counselorship — The function and rank or office of a counselor.
- countenancing — appearance, especially the look or expression of the face: a sad countenance.
14 letter words starting with cou
15 letter words starting with cou
- coulometrically — in a coulometric manner
- counter-culture — Counter-culture is a set of values, ideas, and ways of behaving that are completely different from those of the rest of society.
- counter-measure — A counter-measure is an action that you take in order to weaken the effect of another action or a situation, or to make it harmless.
- counter-sinking — to enlarge the upper part of (a cavity), especially by chamfering, to receive the cone-shaped head of a screw, bolt, etc.
- counteractingly — In a way that counteracts.
16 letter words starting with cou
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
- counter-argument — A counter-argument is an argument that makes an opposing point to another argument.
- counter-checking — a check that opposes or restrains.
- counter-instance — a case or occurrence of anything: fresh instances of oppression.
- counter-petition — a formally drawn request, often bearing the names of a number of those making the request, that is addressed to a person or group of persons in authority or power, soliciting some favor, right, mercy, or other benefit: a petition for clemency; a petition for the repeal of an unfair law.
17 letter words starting with cou
- counter-complaint — an expression of discontent, regret, pain, censure, resentment, or grief; lament; faultfinding: his complaint about poor schools.
- counter-espionage — Counter-espionage is the same as counter-intelligence.
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
- counter-migration — a migration in the opposite direction.
- counter-signature — a signature added by way of countersigning.
18 letter words starting with cou
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- counter-productive — Something that is counter-productive achieves the opposite result from the one that you want to achieve.
- counter-revolution — A counter-revolution is a revolution that is intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
19 letter words starting with cou
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- counterconditioning — the conditioning of a response that is incompatible with some previously learned response; for example, in psychotherapy an anxious person might be taught relaxation, which is incompatible with anxiety
20 letter words starting with cou
- counter-inflationary — designed to reduce inflation
- counter-intelligence — Counter-intelligence consists of actions that a country takes in order to find out whether another country is spying on it and to prevent it from doing so.
- counterdemonstration — a demonstration that is held in reaction to another demonstration
- counterproliferation — Action intended to prevent an increase or spread in the possession of nuclear weapons.
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
21 letter words starting with cou
22 letter words starting with cou
On this page, we collect all words starting with COU. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 910 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with COU. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.