Words starting with chol
4 letter words starting with chol
- chol hamoed — the middle days of the festivals of Passover and Sukkoth, on which necessary work is permitted
5 letter words starting with chol
6 letter words starting with chol
7 letter words starting with chol
- cholate — a cholic acid salt
- cholent — a meal usually consisting of a stew of meat, potatoes, and pulses prepared before the Sabbath on Friday and left to cook until eaten for Sabbath lunch
- cholera — Cholera is a serious disease that often kills people. It is caused by drinking infected water or by eating infected food.
- cholers — irascibility; anger; wrath; irritability.
- choline — a colourless viscous soluble alkaline substance present in animal tissues, esp as a constituent of lecithin: used as a supplement to the diet of poultry and in medicine for preventing the accumulation of fat in the liver. Formula:[(CH3)3NCH2CH2OH]+OH–
8 letter words starting with chol
9 letter words starting with chol
10 letter words starting with chol
11 letter words starting with chol
- cholangitis — (medicine) An inflammation of the bile duct.
- cholecystic — gallbladder.
- choledochal — Related to the bile duct.
- cholestasis — the medical condition characterized by the inability of bile to pass normally out of the liver due to blockage or impairment
- cholestatic — of or relating to cholestasis
12 letter words starting with chol
13 letter words starting with chol
- cholangiogram — an X-ray of the bile duct performed after administering dye into the ducts that shows up on the X-ray
- cholecystitis — inflammation of the gall bladder, due to bacterial infection or the presence of gallstones
- cholesteatoma — A destructive and expanding keratinizing squamous epithelium in the middle ear and/or mastoid process.
- cholesteremia — cholesterolemia.
14 letter words starting with chol
- cholecystogram — the production of x-ray photographs of the gallbladder following administration of a radiopaque substance that is secreted by the liver into the gallbladder.
- cholecystotomy — the surgical procedure of cutting into the gall bladder in order to extract gallstones
- choledochotomy — incision of the common bile duct.
- cholelithiases — the presence of gallstones.
- cholelithiasis — the occurrence or development of gallstones in the gall bladder
15 letter words starting with chol
- cholangiectasis — Dilation of the bile ducts.
- cholangiography — radiographic examination of the bile ducts after the introduction into them of a contrast medium
- cholecalciferol — a compound occurring naturally in fish-liver oils, used to treat rickets. Formula: C27H44O
- cholecystectomy — surgical removal of the gall bladder
- cholecystokinin — a hormone secreted by duodenal cells that stimulates the contraction of the gall bladder and secretion of pancreatic enzymes
16 letter words starting with chol
17 letter words starting with chol
- cholecystectomies — Plural form of cholecystectomy.
18 letter words starting with chol
- cholangiocarcinoma — (pathology) Cancer of the bile duct.
19 letter words starting with chol
21 letter words starting with chol
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
On this page, we collect all words starting with CHOL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 85 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CHOL. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.